Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

our club

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Not sure how many of us are left who think like me..but after reading the post about the standard leige game it got me thinking...I remember how proud we were of our football club and the pleasure the club brought us - we may well have been in the lower divisions, but the pride I felt watching the Frankie Burrows promotion team of '88, the 93 team of Eddie May, the second coming of burrows, the play off final at the millennium stadium and the crazy crazy times in between.. I loved them all and had a pride and passion ( definitely NOT A fire and passion!) for my club.

Attending games was fun, something to look forward to however shit we were - We were Cardiff City, the bluebirds, the sleeping giant that everyone talked about. We were proud and we let the world know about it. We had dreams of getting back to where we belong to show the world what OUR club is about - and it hurts to see what we are showing the football world now. A club with no identity, no pride, the fan base torn to shreds, our fan base were our family....lads, I actually have tears in my eyes as I type this post and my wife thinks I'm mental but this hurts me everyday. We went through dark days when we didn't know if our club would survive, would those rusty old gates be locked for ever, and ironically, we now have the money man we cried out for to save us, and he is actually the same man that has done more damage to our club than anyone else. Clemo, ricky wright, Jim cadman and terry yorath, the kumars? When I think about it now we're they really that bad?

Of course I'm not saying that they always acted in the clubs best interest because we know they didn't always, but you know what? There were times during their reigns at the helm were we as fans laughed / sang/ danced and dell over pissed as one. Who else remembers carrying Eddie Newton off the field at Ninian Park? The promotion games were we beat wrexham and took over scunthorpe stadium in fancy dress? Or sneaking into the retch field undercover when we were banned? Who else was on that plane flying out to Admira Wacker in Austria - possibly the craziest plane journey in history! Singing "the blues are going up" when we were taking off, then "going down going down" when we were coming in to land" brilliant times! The atmosphere against man city in the FA cup, when Blake scored and mark grew saved the penalty. Or Phil Stant running to the touchline and standing 6 ft from the jacks on the north bank in his Chris Eubank pose and not flinching after he scored that volley from the Gary Thompson flick on.

We were a poor club without a pot to piss in for most of it, but thinking back wasn't it fun? Didn't we have pride? Was it really that bad? Almost like that mike and the mechanics song -beggars on a beach of gold! I have so many happy memories of my club and maybe we just didn't appreciate what we had back then but I really look back and realise it now.

Rant over boys and girls - I guess I just miss my club. My football club is dead and it died the days it's identity was hijacked and ours fans were discarded to be replaced by the Red wearing Asian millions - how many of those highly marketable red shirts have we sold in Asia by the way? Answers on a postcard and you win a free one - they have to give them away as only 6 year olds and the mental unstable will buy them.

I always wanted us in the top flight, and I didn't see a single game in the PL last year. I couldn't bring myself to do it, I still can't and won't bring myself to do it. Not until someone brings my club back.

Thanks for the memories boys and maybe our paths will cross again.

Re: our club

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:01 pm

So true.
I feel exactly the same.
I miss my club but I won't return until our identity does.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:06 pm

I wont go until we are Blue and if that is never so be it. Never went to one Prem game.

those days were the best, just a laugh. The days you could guess the attendance by how many were in the Corp.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:11 pm

im in tears reading that. All true though!