Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My View - Do you agree?

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:00 pm

I don't post on here much - I'm far more of a spectator on this forum.... however my view is going to be forced onto this public forum right now...... (sorry in advance)

In my personal opinion, OGS is really starting to grate on me now. I don't like the rotation of the squad - I realise why he's doing it but we have players like Le Fondre who can score goals at this level and he's not being played or when he is, he's being played out of position.

The Norwich game was appalling (well the second half) - I've never; since I started going to the city walked out the ground so angry.. I was ashamed at what I was watching, the defending and the lack of commitment was a shambles!! :oops:

I know everyone is loving the big man Jones right now, and yes he has scored some goals however I would much rather see Macheda and Le Fondre playing up top together every game and having Jones as an impact sub! We need pace at the front and Jones doesn't provide that - yes he's a tall guy and he can defend the corners and win the ball in the air for us but that isn't going to score us goals (which is mainly what he's on the pitch for - as a striker).

Guerra - where is he? When he's come on, he's looked a very decent player, easy on the eye and controls the ball very well...

I have nothing against Joe Ralls because I do think he's a great little player however when your playing Norwich (a promotion rival for the season) - I expect to see experience on the pitch, I expect to see a regular name... YES he scored which is fantastic but c'mon.....

I am really losing my patience with OGS and if we get a bad result against Boro, I want him gone.... I'm more than happy to be proved wrong and I hope I am but I cannot back a manager of my beloved Cardiff City who I don't have confidence in to lead this club to success...

Right now, I am thinking a mid table position is what we'll get...

I'm sure some of you may agree with some points I've made and some may disagree or you may disagree all together but as I said, this is my opinion and I suppose I'd like to see what everyone else thinks about it all.....

:bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Re: My View - Do you agree?

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:27 pm

i agree with Le Fondre - should be played up front,and not on the wing.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:29 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:i agree with Le Fondre - should be played up front,and not on the wing.

Tony, I agree as well regarding Le Fondre :thumbright:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:30 am

Dinaslad2013 wrote:I don't post on here much - I'm far more of a spectator on this forum.... however my view is going to be forced onto this public forum right now...... (sorry in advance)

In my personal opinion, OGS is really starting to grate on me now. I don't like the rotation of the squad - I realise why he's doing it but we have players like Le Fondre who can score goals at this level and he's not being played or when he is, he's being played out of position.

The Norwich game was appalling (well the second half) - I've never; since I started going to the city walked out the ground so angry.. I was ashamed at what I was watching, the defending and the lack of commitment was a shambles!! :oops:

I know everyone is loving the big man Jones right now, and yes he has scored some goals however I would much rather see Macheda and Le Fondre playing up top together every game and having Jones as an impact sub! We need pace at the front and Jones doesn't provide that - yes he's a tall guy and he can defend the corners and win the ball in the air for us but that isn't going to score us goals (which is mainly what he's on the pitch for - as a striker).

Guerra - where is he? When he's come on, he's looked a very decent player, easy on the eye and controls the ball very well...

I have nothing against Joe Ralls because I do think he's a great little player however when your playing Norwich (a promotion rival for the season) - I expect to see experience on the pitch, I expect to see a regular name... YES he scored which is fantastic but c'mon.....

I am really losing my patience with OGS and if we get a bad result against Boro, I want him gone.... I'm more than happy to be proved wrong and I hope I am but I cannot back a manager of my beloved Cardiff City who I don't have confidence in to lead this club to success...

Right now, I am thinking a mid table position is what we'll get...

I'm sure some of you may agree with some points I've made and some may disagree or you may disagree all together but as I said, this is my opinion and I suppose I'd like to see what everyone else thinks about it all.....

:bluescarf: :ayatollah:

I would say the majority are with you on this.

Personally I feel a bad defeat tonight and that will push the majority to call for Ole to resign. A win and I think it will be more relief than confidence coming back.

If Ole screws up the next 2 games I expect him to resign saying Tans blushes. If we do continue to lose and not win but Ole is still around after 10 games then his position will be untenable but it will be interesting to see if Tan moves.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:21 am

Jones should not be dropped, he is playing very well, it does not seem that you watched the first half, Jones was outstanding, its no surprise that when he was taken off ( a poor decision) that we played rubbish, Fabio going off did not help either

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:39 am

Just wondering what everyone thought when Ole was signing all these players. The forum reflected comments that suggested every one of the players who joined us were great assets. Each name that came to the fore there was a big clamour to get them signed.

Strange now we've signed so many great players that some idiots are calling for Ole to go because he can't play them all every game.

CCFC just can't win with some people!

I've even seen the ridiculous "we'd be better off with Cowie" on one thread.

Get off his back. His job is to pick a team and help them win. Our job is to support all aspects of our club and help them win.

Calls to start again after half a dozen games shows just how stupid some people can be.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:25 am

I don't think he knows which team to pick I expect it's the same when he picks his nose,he's not sure whether to eat it or flick it.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:08 am

Kenwyne Jones can't be dropped, not now.

It's not only his goals and attacking play, but how many times did he act as our main defender on set pieces on Saturday?

He should stay in the team.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:39 pm

As I said, Yes Jones has been the one who's scored the most at the moment and YES he played well in the first half against Norwich.... however how do we know how well and how many goals Le Fondre will bang in for us in his preferred position alongside Macheda...?

I don't think we can class Jones as the be all and end all of our problems just because of his height and work in the air (set pieces etc)...

The new man Manga is over 6ft - why should we rely on a striker to defend our goal?

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, all I'm saying is that I'd prefer pace and passing rather than relying on Jones to constantly knock his head on the ball...

:bluescarf:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:31 pm

Ole out!! Did we or did we not, look a bit more attacking with Le Fondre and Guerra on....

I stand by what I said about Jones, he should be impact sub! Macheda was shite tonight...

I have no confidence with Ole at the helm - he needs to go!!

:bluescarf: