Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Further cost cutting exercise '

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:15 pm

In a bid to make further necessary cost cutting Vincent Tan is looking to streamline the clubs outgoings by releasing up to 200 match day jobs.

Affected roles will be part time staff who are currently employed on a match to match basis from stewards, to programme sellers, to match day hosts in Premier Lounge.

There will be less booths open for ticketing and programmes as the demand is not there.

Tan Sri Vincent feels we are over-staffed in many areas of the stadium on match days and sees this as a benefit to the clubs expenditure.

Plans to extend the Canton and Grange Stands, taking the capacity to 42,000 have currently been shelved.

Mr Tan is a shrewd businessman who is looking to do the best for Cardiff City football club.

Re: Further cost cutting exercise

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:19 pm

There wasn't really plans moving forward to extend the stadium any too soon anyway.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:33 pm

Makes sense.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:34 pm

There should have been plans in place to cut expenditure at the start of last season, as there was always going to be a good chance we'd be relegated. The new stand should have been put on hold until we at least stayed in the premier league for one season, and as it hasn't is, is 3/4 empty!

The new stand should be closed and all ST holders up there should be moved to other parts of the ground. There will be no need for staff in that area of the ground then.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Makes sense.

Correct Luke, were in a lower league,less fans,less spending and Premier Seats deserted.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:37 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:There should have been plans in place to cut expenditure at the start of last season, as there was always going to be a good chance we'd be relegated. The new stand should have been put on hold until we at least stayed in the premier league for one season, and as it hasn't is, is 3/4 empty!

The new stand should be closed and all ST holders up there should be moved to other parts of the ground. There will be no need for staff in that area of the ground then.

Cal,
Tan and Dalman really thought we would never be relegated and thats why in Feb Match prices/Season tickets etc were increased, even in March/April they both thought we would stay up, I dont know why?

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Wayne S wrote:There wasn't really plans moving forward to extend the stadium any too soon anyway.

Wayne, Tan was intending to increase it, if we stayed up.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:There should have been plans in place to cut expenditure at the start of last season, as there was always going to be a good chance we'd be relegated. The new stand should have been put on hold until we at least stayed in the premier league for one season, and as it hasn't is, is 3/4 empty!

Cal,
Tan and Dalman really thought we would never be relegated and thats why in Feb Match prices/Season tickets etc were increased, even in March/April they both thought we would stay up, I dont know why?

Thought they were meant to be smart? Everyone could see we were going to go down!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Cal,

That wasn't what Julian Jenkins told the premier members!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:43 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cal,

Thought they were meant to be smart? Everyone could see we were going to go down!

I rem even in April Dalman said on the lines " Relegation is unthinkable "

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:44 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cal,

What did he say?

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:47 pm

Staff wrote:In a bid to make further necessary cost cutting Vincent Tan is looking to streamline the clubs outgoings by releasing up to 200 match day jobs.

Affected roles will be part time staff who are currently employed on a match to match basis from stewards, to programme sellers, to match day hosts in Premier Lounge.

There will be less booths open for ticketing and programmes as the demand is not there.

Tan Sri Vincent feels we are over-staffed in many areas of the stadium on match days and sees this as a benefit to the clubs expenditure.

Plans to extend the Canton and Grange Stands, taking the capacity to 42,000 have currently been shelved.

Mr Tan is a shrewd businessman who is looking to do the best for Cardiff City football club.

"Mr Tan is a shrewd businessman who is looking to do the best for Cardiff City football club"

No offence whoever you are I think your posts are great but Vincent tan shrewd businessman looking to do his best for Cardiff City football club?
Kind of a stupid statement if you ask me because turning us blue would quite obviously be the best for Cardiff city football club moving forward in unity.

And all this costcutting is laughable the best cost cutting exercise would be to turn us blue which would see merchandise and shirt sales go through the roof and increase the clubs revenue dramatically and hell of a lot more than these other cost cutting exercises your going on about staff so tell me what is Vincent playing at?

Shrewd businessman? On the basis of this re brand I have to disagree Staff.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:49 pm

Dread to think what will happen if we dont go up.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cal,

I rem even in April Dalman said on the lines " Relegation is unthinkable "

Correct Annis, Dalman's words were "it's (relegation) not an option".

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:59 pm

Shrewd? You must be joking..... :lol: blind more like

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:59 pm

Strange post seeing as they are actively advertising vacancies for numerous positions around the club including stewards , match day staff , waiting staff and even football in the community coaches :?

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cal,

What did he say?

All premier seating members were invited to a meeting reference the debenture seating we were sold as part of a deal, Cardiff City wanted to change the terms of this and premier members were up in arms. Julian Jenkins took the meeting around 6 weeks prior to his departure and I remember specifically his words being the price CANNOT be changed as it is determined by the premier league, however CCFC were selling a 5 year deal to premier seating members at a set hiked price even though at that point we were all sure we would be back in the championship this season! The other option was to just pay annual membership which we were assured that the season ticket prices would drop but he couldn't be more specific as this again was out of CCFC's hands!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cal,

What did he say?

All premier seating members were invited to a meeting reference the debenture seating we were sold as part of a deal, Cardiff City wanted to change the terms of this and premier members were up in arms. Julian Jenkins took the meeting around 6 weeks prior to his departure and I remember specifically his words being the price CANNOT be changed as it is determined by the premier league, however CCFC were selling a 5 year deal to premier seating members at a set hiked price even though at that point we were all sure we would be back in the championship this season! The other option was to just pay annual membership which we were assured that the season ticket prices would drop but he couldn't be more specific as this again was out of CCFC's hands!

Thanks,I appreciate that :thumbright:

But I def know that it was on Tans orders that prices should be increased for Season tickets as he really did believe we would stay up.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:13 pm

CCFC87 wrote:Dread to think what will happen if we dont go up.

Why? Why do we need to up? No other club does so badly so why us?

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cal,

What did he say?

But I def know that it was on Tans orders that prices should be increased for Season tickets as he really did believe we would stay up.

All the jargon was noted down in a legal document for premier members to sign (we were given 30 days to decide) so if Julian Jenkins was wrong I can assure you that there will be a court case as this was the reason behind the original meeting.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:20 pm

goats wrote:

Goats, I honestly believe if we dont go back up, this club will be in serious financial trouble.
Personally the Premier League was not what it was made out to be and for me its not everything,but we are spending on the playing front like a Prem Club,so we need to go back up.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cal,

What did he say?

All the jargon was noted down in a legal document for premier members to sign (we were given 30 days to decide) so if Julian Jenkins was wrong I can assure you that there will be a court case as this was the reason behind the original meeting.

I believe you :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
goats wrote:

Goats, I honestly believe if we dont go back up, this club will be in serious financial trouble.
Personally the Premier League was not what it was made out to be and for me its not everything,but we are spending on the playing front like a Prem Club,so we need to go back up.

I agree with this

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:22 pm

as always, penny wise, pound foolish.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cal,

What did he say?

To be fair, I don't think the price hike was the main issue, it was all the changes that CCFC wanted to make in the new contracts, they tried to take away the right for anyone to be able to sell they're seat as an asset. But in the end the fans won and all ended well! :thumbup:

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:29 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cal,

What did he say?

To be fair, I don't think the price hike was the main issue, it was all the changes that CCFC wanted to make in the new contracts, they tried to take away the right for anyone to be able to sell they're seat as an asset. But in the end the fans won and all ended well! :thumbup:

I did hear a few things like that :thumbup: Good on you all :thumbright: but as I have never sat over there, Ive not really shown any interest.

Re: ' Further cost cutting exercise '

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:34 pm

Staff wrote:In a bid to make further necessary cost cutting Vincent Tan is looking to streamline the clubs outgoings by releasing up to 200 match day jobs.

Ha ha it can't be me. I would never praise Vincent tw*t :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Ha ha it can't be me. I would never praise Vincent tw*t :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

:lol: :lol:

Nor Me Nukes Never or call him Sri :lol:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:01 am

This is typical!!

Feel welcome to correct me here, but I'm about to make some assumptions. If I'm way out, we can recalculate but as a working man, I find these cuts as obscene as the 'austerity' cuts we (normal people) have put with despite bankers and MP's having huge increases:

200 Matchday jobs
Matchday lasts an average maximum of 8 hours
The hourly pay will be a maximum of £15 (I'm sure many earn a lot closer to minimum wages)

Here's the sum:
On a normal Matchday, the 200 proposed job cuts will save CCFC: 200 x 8 X 15 = £24,000

THAT'S HUGE!!! ........ Is it?. My calculations are very generous, but let's compare that with the weekly wage of one of our top players. Then it doesn't seem so much to me.

Don't forget that these people are probably local and many are Cardiff fans.

Tan gives to charity and that's great. I'm glad he does.

Does charity begin at home? Do you sack low paid workers who rely on that wage to keep them going when the millionaires on the pitch can't hack it?

COME ON VT. SHOW SOME REAL CONCERN FOR CCFC.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:36 am

Thanks Daya.