Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: How far ahead of us are the Jacks

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:53 pm

We produced Ledley, Ramsey, Matthews, Ralls and John (from a more recent batch)

Academy can't be that bad ey...

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:06 am

Not as far as they like to make out.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:10 am

Woodville Willie wrote:Quantifiably, 4 years as they start their 4th consecutive year in PL.

Problem is if they stay up next year, that'll be 5 years.

OR

Stop making threads designed to bring the club down. (I live in hope).

It's a difficult one as we have been somewhat humbled by a small club from west wales. I stand-by that any success Swansea achieve should be inspiring our club to match it.

The main difference is that they have football people running the club and Swansea city fans, while we have self-proclaimed man Utd fans running ours who will change the football philosophy according to which ex man Utd pro they employ.

Obviously Swansea choose managers who are committed to a pound land version of tiki-taka and don't need to spend to change the set-up

Huw Jenkins is excellent, no doubting his credentials as one of the best chairman out there.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:16 am

ThomasC wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:Quantifiably, 4 years as they start their 4th consecutive year in PL.

OR

It's a difficult one as we have been somewhat humbled by a small club from west wales. I stand-by that any success Swansea achieve should be inspiring our club to match it.

The main difference is that they have football people running the club and Swansea city fans, while we have self-proclaimed man Utd fans running ours who will change the football philosophy according to which ex man Utd pro they employ.

Obviously Swansea choose managers who are committed to a pound land version of tiki-taka and don't need to spend to change the set-up

Huw Jenkins is excellent, no doubting his credentials as one of the best chairman out there.

You say that, but their squad is now worth upwards of £100 million and have a first choice Argentinian international as well as Bafetimbi Gomis warming their bench. They may have started out from humble beginnings but they are now bearing the fruit of building within their means and becoming self sustainable. We could only dream of that. We are boom and bust and the latter always follows the former without the correct foundations.

So Its not a case of how many years ahead of us they are. The distance is immeasurable as we just dont have the infrastructure to match them no matter how many years go by under this regime. But to answer the question, i dont think we will see success like they have got in my lifetime and im only 37.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:57 am

TheRow wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

OR

You say that, but their squad is now worth upwards of £100 million and have a first choice Argentinian international as well as Bafetimbi Gomis warming their bench. They may have started out from humble beginnings but they are now bearing the fruit of building within their means and becoming self sustainable. We could only dream of that. We are boom and bust and the latter always follows the former without the correct foundations.

So Its not a case of how many years ahead of us they are. The distance is immeasurable as we just dont have the infrastructure to match them no matter how many years go by under this regime. But to answer the question, i dont think we will see success like they have got in my lifetime and im only 37.

Without any sniping and put-downs of the scum, you are right, top players see Swansea as a stepping stone into the elite football clubs of Europe, most of the players who leaves the jacks go onto big clubs. It's an attraction that we will really struggle to match for years to come

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:22 am

ThomasC wrote:
TheRow wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

OR

Without any sniping and put-downs of the scum, you are right, top players see Swansea as a stepping stone into the elite football clubs of Europe, most of the players who leaves the jacks go onto big clubs. It's an attraction that we will really struggle to match for years to come

This all points to the need for a mind-shift in the ethos and while VT is running things, I don't see it happening. Money isn't everything when it comes to building a club's ability to succeed. I can't see anything happening while we go from one manager to the next. Calls for Ole to be sacked do little to inspire my confidence.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:02 pm

waddle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
waddle wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:Also just stuffed the u12 and h13 both 3-0 :thumbup:

Our academy has only been running for a season you header yours for quite a while , as I tried to explain you spunked millions you didn't have hence your getting shafted by VT , in the last 5 seasons what has your academy produced ? It's not about winning kids games it's about nurturing talent

Either last season or the season before, our DVP U21 and ages down to U13's gave your boys an hammering. So I'd say our academy is far better than yours at the moment.

You could beat us 20-0 in every age group every season it's irrelevant you moron , one question for you

What is the purpose of an academy ?

Silly kent :lol:

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:09 pm

It's been pigs and troughs for years and one teams dominance over the other has always come in cycles but FWIW I do think it'll be a long, long time before we catch them up, not so good for any CCFC fan but do spare
a thought for us NPT lads who are never more than 50ft away from a jack, we really need to go back up this season to stand any chance,

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:43 pm

seanmogs wrote:
waddle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
waddle wrote:

Our academy has only been running for a season you header yours for quite a while , as I tried to explain you spunked millions you didn't have hence your getting shafted by VT , in the last 5 seasons what has your academy produced ? It's not about winning kids games it's about nurturing talent

Either last season or the season before, our DVP U21 and ages down to U13's gave your boys an hammering. So I'd say our academy is far better than yours at the moment.

You could beat us 20-0 in every age group every season it's irrelevant you moron , one question for you

So you don't know the purpose of an academy then :D

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:42 pm

waddle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
waddle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
waddle wrote:

would have thought it is to educate young talent in ways of the club they are playing for! but luckily results dont matter as you do seem to fail against our developement teams quite often! but like you say twaddle me old mucker its irrelevant! :laughing6:

ps cant stand way monk talks its very nausiating just my opinion :old:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:51 am

They do everything the way it should be.

They have a brand of football, they always seem to bring good players through, they sign well, they are well run, they choose good managers, they sell well & they are having the success it deserves.

We could learn a lot from them, if we were run in a similar way then we would be capable of much bigger and better things.

We have a lot to learn.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:20 am

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:It's been pigs and troughs for years and one teams dominance over the other has always come in cycles but FWIW I do think it'll be a long, long time before we catch them up, not so good for any CCFC fan but do spare
a thought for us NPT lads who are never more than 50ft away from a jack, we really need to go back up this season to stand any chance,

Pigs and troughs :lol:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:24 am

pembroke allan wrote:
waddle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
waddle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
waddle wrote:

would have thought it is to educate young talent in ways of the club they are playing for! but luckily results dont matter as you do seem to fail against our developement teams quite often! but like you say twaddle me old mucker its irrelevant! :laughing6:

ps cant stand way monk talks its very nausiating just my opinion :old:

well I hope they're not educating your kids in the ways of the club they're playing for for their sakes :D

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:25 am

Why don't you just play you're u11's they're shit hot aren't they :lol:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:53 am

2 divisions next season