Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How far ahead of us are the Jacks

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:31 pm

In the way the club is run, team wise, and also establishing themselves as a proper PL club, I would imagine at present they are way way ahead of us. The only thing we are defiantly in advance to them is our academy set up an facilities. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: How far ahead of us are the Jacks

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:37 pm

Years ahead of us

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:43 pm

Xcasual wrote:Years ahead of us

Decade.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Why does it matter.

How far ahead of Bristol City are we

All pointless question, but hey they are obsessed about us aren't they :oops:

Hello Waddle and co :wave: :wave: :wave:

invitation to gloat (The away end looked a bit thin on numbers yesterday)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Hiya :thumbup:

Sorry but you're academy is the same status as ours and being as you don't have your own training ground that's somewhere else you're behind compared with us , so your facilities are behind ours as well

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:14 pm

waddle wrote:Hiya :thumbup:

Sorry but you're academy is the same status as ours and being as you don't have your own training ground that's somewhere else you're behind compared with us , so your facilities are behind ours as well

Just watched our u11s beat Swansea 9-0 & 6-1 so that's one area we are definitely ahead!

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Mac wrote:

Just watched our u11s beat Swansea 9-0 & 6-1 so that's one area we are definitely ahead!

:lol:

:thumbup:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:47 pm

Mac wrote:

We waited until we could afford the academy before commiting to it , you on the other hand set it up when you didn't have a pot to piss in hence one of the reasons you are getting butt fucked by uncle vinnie , in the last 2 seasons we've made 25,000,000 through selling Allen and Davies .
You are well known for getting loads of kids into your junior set up while Swansea are more selective , you know the saying fella quality not quantity

Under 11's ffs , why not chuck them in instead of the first team :lol:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:58 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Mac wrote:

:lol:

:thumbup:

I think you look less of a dick when you stuck to pictures mate , keep it up :lol: :thumbup:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:00 pm

waddle wrote:
Mac wrote:

We waited until we could afford the academy before commiting to it , you on the other hand set it up when you didn't have a pot to piss in hence one of the reasons you are getting butt fucked by uncle vinnie , in the last 2 seasons we've made 25,000,000 through selling Allen and Davies .
You are well known for getting loads of kids into your junior set up while Swansea are more selective , you know the saying fella quality not quantity

Under 11's ffs , why not chuck them in instead of the first team :lol:

Waddle to replace ole!, ;) He has a plan b!

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:04 pm

Also just stuffed the u12 and h13 both 3-0 :thumbup:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:12 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Also just stuffed the u12 and h13 both 3-0 :thumbup:

Our academy has only been running for a season you header yours for quite a while , as I tried to explain you spunked millions you didn't have hence your getting shafted by VT , in the last 5 seasons what has your academy produced ? It's not about winning kids games it's about nurturing talent

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:51 pm

waddle wrote:

Our academy has only been running for a season you header yours for quite a while , as I tried to explain you spunked millions you didn't have hence your getting shafted by VT , in the last 5 seasons what has your academy produced ? It's not about winning kids games it's about nurturing talent

Either last season or the season before, our DVP U21 and ages down to U13's gave your boys an hammering. So I'd say our academy is far better than yours at the moment.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:01 pm

seanmogs wrote:
waddle wrote:

Either last season or the season before, our DVP U21 and ages down to U13's gave your boys an hammering. So I'd say our academy is far better than yours at the moment.

You could beat us 20-0 in every age group every season it's irrelevant you moron , one question for you

What is the purpose of an academy ?

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:14 pm

He's angry today must be on his period.

As for the original question, they are a good 6 to 7 years ahead.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:20 pm

waddle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
waddle wrote:

You could beat us 20-0 in every age group every season it's irrelevant you moron , one question for you

Excellent point. The purpose of the academy is to develop young talent that fits with the clubs footballing philosophy. Whilst winning games is important at any level at academy level it's not the be all and end all.

Much as I hate the jbs the club has in recent years done far better than us.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:23 pm

Wayne S wrote:He's angry today must be on his period.

As for the original question, they are a good 6 to 7 years ahead.

I'm not angry I just find stupid people very frustrating , you've genuinely got people on here that think you have a better junior set up than us because your u11's beat ours despite producing no player of any note for about 7 yrs and you gave him away for 5 mill

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:24 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
waddle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
waddle wrote:

Excellent point. The purpose of the academy is to develop young talent that fits with the clubs footballing philosophy. Whilst winning games is important at any level at academy level it's not the be all and end all.

sense at last ! That last post must have killed you :D

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:36 pm

As much as I hate the Jacks it pains me to say it but they are now a well run club have a very good team

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:55 pm

I have always wondered why the Swansea model was something that we never tried to reproduce.

I'm talking about on the pitch. We have all had a dig at how they pass it to death but in all honesty it has been amazingly effective.

We even had the advantage of large amounts of cash but even with that we have not put together a squad that ever looked comfortable on the ball and passed with accuracy.

Have Swansea REALLY brought in manager after manager that produced that sort of play on a budget or are they still working to the plan put in place by Martinez.

Is there something unique in the water at Swansea that makes the model impossible to replicate?

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:07 pm

waddle wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
waddle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
waddle wrote:

sense at last ! That last post must have killed you :D

:oops:
I'm bigoted when it comes go our rivalry but can admit the truth even if it hurts

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:38 pm

light years!!

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:57 pm

blue lagoon wrote:light years!!

Just gonna say the same thing

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:18 pm

who actually gives a fck? they mayber ahead of us but so are lot more clubs! :thumbup:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Swansea will be above us for at least the next 6 years, possibly and probably even longer.

Sad to admit, but it's true.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Swansea will be above us for at least the next 6 years, possibly and probably even longer.

Sad to admit, but it's true.

is it? who is to say we wont get promoted and we finish above them next season? sounds like RM prediction it will take 30yrs to be above them ffs more gloom and doom about about something city fans should have no concern about! :lol:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:30 pm

Who?...".

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:42 pm

I'm not sure even our academy is better than theirs. They are producing more youngsters for their first team and getting more money when they do sell them on.

I'm sure their training facilities are state of the art too.

We would catch them with three seasons of Premiership football but that's easier said than done.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:33 pm

Light years, and didn't sell out achieving it. f**k it

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:17 pm

Quantifiably, 4 years as they start their 4th consecutive year in PL.

Problem is if they stay up next year, that'll be 5 years.

OR

Stop making threads designed to bring the club down. (I live in hope).