A forum for all things Cardiff City

MATCH THREAD " CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBOROUGH " MATCH THREAD

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:17 pm

CARDIFF CITY V MIDDLESBROUGH
Tuesday 16 Sep 7:45pm
Cardiff City Stadium

:ayatollah: ' CARDIFF CITY ' :ayatollah:

Tuesday 16th Sept 2014

Cardiff side to face Boro Marshall; Brayford, Manga, Connolly, Cala, Whittingham, Daehli, Adeyemi, Pilkington, Jones, Macheda.

Declan John looks likely to start tonight.

The Bluebirds look likely to hand Bruno Manga his first start after Saturday's 4-2 home defeat to Norwich.

Monday 15/09/14 :ayatollah:

Boro have Sold 300 tickets, but they can pay on the night :thumbup:

Craig Noone or Dikgacoi will not start v Boro or unlikely to play at all, at the very best a sub. Noone & Dikgacoi play tonight in DVP game.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed Bruno Manga, Cardiff City’s new central defender, is in line for his Championship debut in tomorrow’s home match against Middlesbrough.

Manga could step in for Matt Connolly or Sean Morrison, while left-back Fabio faces a late fitness test after going off at half-time against Norwich.

“Fabio has a muscle problem, but we are hopeful he will be okay for the match against Middlesbrough,” said Solskjaer.

“There won’t be any massive changes, maybe one or two. :ayatollah:

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted his £3m man will take his place in the defence.

Cardiff will be wanting to put behind their hammering at home by Norwich City and Solskjaer will be under pressure to get nothing less than 3pts from this game.

At the moment Solskjaer has only Fabio doubtful,so he has a very strong squad to pick from :ayatollah:

' MIDDLESBOROUGH '

Boro Boss Karanka has reported no fresh injury problems ahead of the trip to South Wales. Tomas Mejias still has a back problem, so Dimi Konstantopoulos will keep hi s place between the posts and Jamal Blackman will be on the bench. Left-back James Husband remains sidelined with a calf problem.

He hinted that he could freshen things up against Cardiff, although he does not think it is time to hand first starts to new signings Jelle Vossen or Patrick Bamford.

Injury News

- Leadbitter Took a heavy knock towards the end of the last game and was limping heavily, hopefully he will be fit for Tuesday.

- Omeruo Missing from the Huddersfield game due to a mystery injury, anyone know what it was?

- Mejias A back injury prevented him from playing on Saturday, unlikely to start in the near future due to his poor form anyway.

- Woodgate Was fit enough to start on the bench, looks to have recovered from his hamstring injury.....for now!

Boro have lost two out of 3 of their last games and there only win came away to Huddersfield today, with a 90th minute pen, they won 2-1.

boro.png

Team news
Cardiff will be hoping Fabio will be available after he went off at half time against Norwich.
Craig Noone will hopefully make an appearance after missing out this weekend.

Form - Last 5 Games
Cardiff have won 2, lost 2 and drawn 1.
Boro have won 3 and lost 2.

Last 5 meetings
02 May 2011 Cardiff City v Middlesbrough 0-3 League Championship
17 Dec 2011 Cardiff City v Middlesbrough 2-3 League Championship
07 Apr 2012 Middlesbrough v Cardiff City 0-2 League Championship
17 Nov 2012 Cardiff City v Middlesbrough 1-0 League Championship
02 Mar 2013 Middlesbrough v Cardiff City 2-1 League Championship

Match Odds
Click here for full odds
Cardiff 5/4
Draw 11/5
Middlesbrough 7/4

Tickets
Tickets for the home match between Cardiff City and Middlesbrough will be on sale to Gold Members only from 9am Monday 11th August at the lowest rate.

The match is a Cardiff City Stadium gold fixture, with Family Stand adult tickets starting at £18, Zone 4 at £25.

The Family Stand Value ticket for two adults and two children is only £40, subject to availability.

Guess the Score / Attendance
Post your predicted score/attendance below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Guess Score/Crowd CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH Updated D

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:46 pm

Cardiff 1 Middlesbrough 5

Attendance 16739.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:31 pm

We have to come back from the mauling by Norwich and we have the players to do it.

City 3 Boro 1 :ayatollah:

Crowd 20,780

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:34 pm

or. take your boy to watch wales, and give this a miss?

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:38 pm

Cardiff 2-1 Middlesbrough, ATT:19877

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:57 pm

Cardiff 1 - 1 Middlesbrough
Crowd 16.788

I WANT GUERRA ON THE PITCH :!:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:21 pm

Cardiff 1 Middlesborough 0

Attendance 13500

Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:36 pm

After today's abject performance, the crowd on Tuesday will be at least 3000 down on what it might have been. Still, I think we'll get a result against Boro'
1-0 for me and a crowd of 13500.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:40 pm

At the moment Solskjaer has only Fabio doubtful,so he has a very strong squad to pick from :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Boro have lost two out of 3 of their last games and there only win came away to Huddersfield today, with a 90th minute pen, they won 2-1.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:04 am

lensabluebird wrote:After today's abject performance, the crowd on Tuesday will be at least 3000 down on what it might have been. Still, I think we'll get a result against Boro'
1-0 for me and a crowd of 13500.

Not sure it will be that low but I heard a few ST holders sat around me saying they weren't going on Tuesday.
I'll be there.
Also, the thing is, we never really know the true attendance the way they take ST's into consideration.

I think we'll draw if the players can lift their heads up from the floor & OGS can motivate them ..... Big if!

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:14 am

City 3 Boro 5
Att. 20090

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:24 am

Bluemellons wrote:City 3 Boro 5
Att. 20090

Not sure it will be that high! Lol!

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:34 am

I'm making sure I have a go this time!

:ayatollah:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:42 am

I think the ''TRUE' attendance will be around 16,000.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:06 am

I really haven't got a clue, who knows what the team might be?
We really need to be winning these games so here's hoping? 2-1 win , 19,213.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:37 am

As long as Fabio is not injured, why not start with the team that were beating Norwich 2 nil and playing good football? :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:41 am

Boro only an average team,City to draw this game 2-2

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:43 am

City 1 Boro 3 - unless Tinkerbell plays the best XI :old:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:18 am

3-1 with our best eleven , 19.567

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:57 pm

Think this could be a low crowd.... 19782. On the official announcement , actual 16k at best....

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:14 pm

city 2-boro 1 18595 i hope :bluescarf:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:06 pm

City 1 Boro 1, The misery to continue.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:32 pm

BORO

Injury News

- Leadbitter Took a heavy knock towards the end of the last game and was limping heavily, hopefully he will be fit for Tuesday.

- Omeruo Missing from the Huddersfield game due to a mystery injury, anyone know what it was?

- Mejias A back injury prevented him from playing on Saturday, unlikely to start in the near future due to his poor form anyway.

- Woodgate Was fit enough to start on the bench, looks to have recovered from his hamstring injury.....for now!

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:26 pm

2-0 cardiff

18,500 :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:29 pm

City 1 Boro 2, 18,537

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:39 am

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted his £3m man will take his place in the defence v Boro.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:41 am

2-0 to the blooobirds (jones guerra) - att 19,270 :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:42 am

' CARDIFF CITY '

Monday 15/09/14

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed Bruno Manga, Cardiff City’s new central defender, is in line for his Championship debut in tomorrow’s home match against Middlesbrough.

Manga could step in for Matt Connolly or Sean Morrison, while left-back Fabio faces a late fitness test after going off at half-time against Norwich.

“Fabio has a muscle problem, but we are hopeful he will be okay for the match against Middlesbrough,” said Solskjaer.

“There won’t be any massive changes, maybe one or two.

Re: LATEST NEWS Guess Score/Crowd CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBORO

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:49 am

3-1 boro with another 3-4 changes in the squad it dont seem to matter who we play ole couldnt manage a kids play group in my opinion, norwich was always comming as the performances have been dire to be frank and we got lucky in most of the results we had so far :(