Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' indendence Scotland Yes or No? '

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:03 pm

VIVA ESPANA!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:Adam you wally..

http://www.yesscotland.net/answers/will ... pean-union

Is this coming from the same side who are simply dodging every question about the finances of a yes vote FFS!!! The only wallys are the ones believing this shit!!! :lol: Baroso has said it himself http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ember.html

There is plenty answers out there.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:42 pm

I believe common sense will prevail and the Scottish people will Vote NO :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Today in Barcelona tens of thousands, 24% of the population of Catalonia took to the streets in a march for freedom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Here's another example of the biased coverage by the BBC of the Scottish referendum. It's been so one sided, just like the press no wonder so many of you believe the crap they put out. This happened earlier today, BBC again, the programme is on later tonight.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:05 pm

It's always been the same through with the BBC, having been in the Question Audience they vetted the audience when they ring you up beforehand

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:13 pm

YES! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:16 pm

Fact

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:22 pm

BlueGog wrote:Fact

Because most of them wouldn't be accepted back. Do you know just how bad many of the EU states are these days ? Italy is in it's 4th resession in so many years, unemployment in Spain, Portugal is around 20% and that's the club which people want to join. The Euro zone fucks over the smaller states

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:06 pm

Scottish troops who are currently not based in Scotland told they cannot have their say on the referendum :shock:

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:08 pm

BlueGog wrote:Today in Barcelona tens of thousands, 24% of the population of Catalonia took to the streets in a march for freedom.

I was there! :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:11 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
BlueGog wrote:Today in Barcelona tens of thousands, 24% of the population of Catalonia took to the streets in a march for freedom.

Are you Catalan then ?

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:11 pm

Military Junta wrote:

Because most of them wouldn't be accepted back. Do you know just how bad many of the EU states are these days ? Italy is in it's 4th resession in so many years, unemployment in Spain, Portugal is around 20% and that's the club which people want to join. The Euro zone fucks over the smaller states

Go to Estonia, see what they have done in just ten years with European funding, then go back to Merthyr and reconsider your answer..

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Go to Estonia, see what they have done in just ten years with European funding, then go back to Merthyr and reconsider your answer..

My ex was from Lativa so I know what's happened with the Baltic countries but Ukriane was almost bankrupt before the Russain areas started to kick off. They ere so corrupt that the boxer run for parliament. You hen mention Merthyr and do you know that so-called European funding for projects in the UK is actually our money being sent to Brussels and then returned with Brussels slicing off the top. Look at Greece FFS
Last edited by Military Junta on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:17 pm

TAKEN FROM FB

Scotland has only 8.3% of the UK's population. 8.3%! Remember this important figure... 8.3%

But we DO have...

32% of the land area.
61% of the sea area.
90% of the fresh water.
65% of the natural gas production.
96.5% of the crude oil production.
47% of the open cast coal production
81% of the untapped coal reserves
62% of the timber production
46% of the total forest area
92% of the hydro electric production
40% of the wind wave and solar energy production
60% of the fish landings
30% of the beef herd
20% of the sheep herd
9% of the dairy herd
10% of the pig herd
15% if the cereal holdings
20% of the potato holdings
...obviously 100% of the Scotch Whiskey industry.

We have a...
17 billion pound construction industry
13 billion food and drink industry
10 billion business services industry
9.3 billion chemical services industry
A 9.3 billion tourism industry
7 billion financial services industry
5 billion aeroservice industry
4.5 billion pound whiskey exports industry
3.1 billion pound life sciences industry
Scotland still has 350 million pounds worth of textile exports

We have 25% of Europes wave and wind energy potential.

And finally we are blessed to have 1.5 trillion pound worth of oil and gas reserves.

All of this, yet only 8.3% of The UK's population... Whaow Scotland should be rich!

IGNORANCE...
If you hear anyone saying "I DONT LIKE ALEX SALMOND" or "I DONT LIKE SNP"...
THIS VOTE IS ABOUT SCOTLAND'S RIGHT TO ELECT ITS OWN GOVERNMENT... IT HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH ALEX SALMOND OR THE SNP.
DONT LET POLITICAL IGNORANCE RUIN THIS OPPORTUNITY.

Do you know... This is the UK's legacy of success in our history of being better-together is as follows...

The UK has the 3rd lowest pensions in the 34 OECD countries of the world

The UK has the single most expensive childcare in the European Union

The UK has the second lowest-paid economy in the entire developed world

The UK has the 3rd longest working hours in the EU

The UK has the lowest number of holidays in the EU

The UK has the 8th highest gender inequality pay gap out of the EU's 28 countries

The UK has the highest likelihood of poverty in disablement in the EU

The UK has the highest rail prices in Europe

The UK has the second highest housing cost in Europe

The UK has the highest fuel poverty rates in Europe.

The UK is the 4th highest country of wealth inequality in the entire planet!

But surely these awful figures cannot be possible when you read the following Scottish statistics...

Now, finally, did you also know that in all of the UK's elections for Westminster ever!... Not one vote cast in SCOTLAND has ever mattered! Because of the Westminster numbers, whatever government England votes for, the UK gets. So we have no democracy here!!! 4 decades of tory rule that we voted against is proof enough, and our defiance was punished by the closure of all the mines; closure of all the steelworks; closure of all the shipyards losing hundreds if thousands of jobs. The term used by Westminster's Thatcher when these industries needed some assistance was "let the markets decide". Funny how when the greedy bankers collapsed everywhere they were bailed out to the tune of over a trillion pounds of our money... Not a mention of "let the markets decide".

FACTS:
Fact: Scotland has an oil boom waiting to happen on the West Coast, but Michael Hesaltine signed a cessation of any form of oil exploration in the entire area in the 80's to make way for nuclear submarines which Scotland doesn't want!

Fact: Scotland has shown its revulsion time and time again to nuclear weapons but they place them here against our countries wishes. A recent contingency report was carried out a out the feasibility of relocating them in Portsmouth. The report stated that it was unfeasible because the detrimental risk to the area of an incident was too high. (Ok for the Clyde though)

Fact: Scotland, with only 1 Tory MP, was forced to take the shocking attack on the poor & disabled called The Bedroom Tax, even though as our nations government, Holyrood voted to utterly reject this awful tax on the poor. Westminster gave us it anyway!

Fact: We are led to believe that the oil in our waters is finished and its a dying industry. Yet 13.5 billion has been invested by oil companies in the last 2 years alone!

Fact: The Clair Oil Field is about to open, and on its own has over 650 million barrels which will be extracted over 20+ years with production reaching a hundred thousand barrels a day!

Fact: Scotland gives more to Westminster than it gets back. Do you really think they'd be so keen to keep us if we were being subsidised like they'd have us believe?

Fact: Westminster has amassed over £1.3 trillion debt and still growing at nearly £6000 a second. Thats another £516 million today alone which YOU will have to pay for.

Fact: Of the 178 countries that have gained their own independence across this planet, not one single one of them has ever asked to reverse this independence, and very few of them have the assets we have.

SCOTLAND, WHAT ARE WE SCARED OF? WE HAVE A CHANCE... WITHOUT A SINGLE BULLET BEING FIRED, WITHOUT A SINGLE DEATH... TO GET OUR FREEDOM AND INDEPENDENCE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PUT A CROSS IN THE YES BOX.

SCOTLAND, ITS TIME TO STAND UP AS A NATION AND VOTE YES ON THE 18TH OF SEPTEMBER... AND BECOME A FREE AND CARING NATION AGAIN!!!

VOTE YES AND SET OUR COUNTRY FREE!!!!

Y E S ! ! ! Y E S ! ! ! Y E S ! ! !

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:18 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Are you Catalan ?

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Are you Catalan then ?

No, came here to support Wales at football in Andorra but amazed at the support for Catalan state, atmosphere was terrific so joined the fun.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Are you Catalan then ?

No, came here to support Wales at football in Andorra but amazed at the support for Catalan state, atmosphere was terrific so joined the fun.

Yet you haven't got a clue about Spanish politics yet joined one side of the debate. You remind me of some of the pro-Gaza supporters FFS

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:32 pm

Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

My ex was from Lativa so I know what's happened with the Baltic countries but Ukriane was almost bankrupt before the Russain areas started to kick off. They ere so corrupt that the boxer run for parliament. You hen mention Merthyr and do you know that so-called European funding for projects in the UK is actually our money being sent to Brussels and then returned with Brussels slicing off the top. Look at Greece FFS

Who is talking about Ukraine? They are not in the European Union, Merthyr and Estonia are it's what is done with the money that counts!

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:33 pm

Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Are you Catalan then ?

Yet you haven't got a clue about Spanish politics yet joined one side of the debate. You remind me of some of the pro-Gaza supporters FFS

Actually my family are Spanish and they are against Catalan having freedom, it's a big world out there!

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Who is talking about Ukraine? They are not in the European Union, Merthyr and Estonia are it's what is done with the money that counts!

So you tell me then, what's it done to Merthyr ? This will be good

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Are you Catalan then ?

Actually my family are Spanish and they are against Catalan having freedom, it's a big world out there!

And what's their reasons for their stance ? I have a Spanish background and agree with your family by the way

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Precisely it's done nothing for Merthyr in building it's private sector economy over 40% are economically inactive as there is no means of directing funding where it's needed.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:40 pm

Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Are you Catalan then ?

And what's their reasons for their stance ? I have a Spanish background and agree with your family by the way

They are very conservative as well, change is always difficult.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:44 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Precisely it's done nothing for Merthyr in building it's private sector economy over 40% are economically inactive as there is no means of directing funding where it's needed.

The problem is that European funding is much funding meaning that to get it the local government would have to put in 50% and then the remaining 50% would be matched by the EU. However the cost of for example doing a motorway in a country like Estonia would be far cheaper than what it would cost in Wales so how is that fair ? The whole EU project is completely

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

The problem is that European funding is much funding meaning that to get it the local government would have to put in 50% and then the remaining 50% would be matched by the EU. However the cost of for example doing a motorway in a country like Estonia would be far cheaper than what it would cost in Wales so how is that fair ? The whole EU project is completely

Every project has to have a cost benefit analysis, the trouble is the treasury in Westminster refused to reform the Barnett formula, basically freezing our ability to invest properly.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:51 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Every project has to have a cost benefit analysis, the trouble is the treasury in Westminster refused to reform the Barnett formula, basically freezing our ability to invest properly.

Yes but when running costs are far cheaper in the part of the EU compared to the another. Surely that's always going to create 2/3/4 tier system which makes the very EU project which we were once told would me it fairer throughout Europe is actually foawed

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:13 pm

AJ1927 wrote:TAKEN FROM FB

Scotland has only 8.3% of the UK's population. 8.3%! Remember this important figure... 8.3%

But we DO have...

32% of the land area.
61% of the sea area.
90% of the fresh water.
65% of the natural gas production.
96.5% of the crude oil production.
47% of the open cast coal production
81% of the untapped coal reserves
62% of the timber production
46% of the total forest area
92% of the hydro electric production
40% of the wind wave and solar energy production
60% of the fish landings
30% of the beef herd
20% of the sheep herd
9% of the dairy herd
10% of the pig herd
15% if the cereal holdings
20% of the potato holdings
...obviously 100% of the Scotch Whiskey industry.

We have a...
17 billion pound construction industry
13 billion food and drink industry
10 billion business services industry
9.3 billion chemical services industry
A 9.3 billion tourism industry
7 billion financial services industry
5 billion aeroservice industry
4.5 billion pound whiskey exports industry
3.1 billion pound life sciences industry
Scotland still has 350 million pounds worth of textile exports

We have 25% of Europes wave and wind energy potential.

And finally we are blessed to have 1.5 trillion pound worth of oil and gas reserves.

All of this, yet only 8.3% of The UK's population... Whaow Scotland should be rich!

IGNORANCE...
If you hear anyone saying "I DONT LIKE ALEX SALMOND" or "I DONT LIKE SNP"...
THIS VOTE IS ABOUT SCOTLAND'S RIGHT TO ELECT ITS OWN GOVERNMENT... IT HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH ALEX SALMOND OR THE SNP.
DONT LET POLITICAL IGNORANCE RUIN THIS OPPORTUNITY.

Do you know... This is the UK's legacy of success in our history of being better-together is as follows...

The UK has the 3rd lowest pensions in the 34 OECD countries of the world

The UK has the single most expensive childcare in the European Union

The UK has the second lowest-paid economy in the entire developed world

The UK has the 3rd longest working hours in the EU

The UK has the lowest number of holidays in the EU

The UK has the 8th highest gender inequality pay gap out of the EU's 28 countries

The UK has the highest likelihood of poverty in disablement in the EU

The UK has the highest rail prices in Europe

The UK has the second highest housing cost in Europe

The UK has the highest fuel poverty rates in Europe.

The UK is the 4th highest country of wealth inequality in the entire planet!

But surely these awful figures cannot be possible when you read the following Scottish statistics...

Now, finally, did you also know that in all of the UK's elections for Westminster ever!... Not one vote cast in SCOTLAND has ever mattered! Because of the Westminster numbers, whatever government England votes for, the UK gets. So we have no democracy here!!! 4 decades of tory rule that we voted against is proof enough, and our defiance was punished by the closure of all the mines; closure of all the steelworks; closure of all the shipyards losing hundreds if thousands of jobs. The term used by Westminster's Thatcher when these industries needed some assistance was "let the markets decide". Funny how when the greedy bankers collapsed everywhere they were bailed out to the tune of over a trillion pounds of our money... Not a mention of "let the markets decide".

FACTS:
Fact: Scotland has an oil boom waiting to happen on the West Coast, but Michael Hesaltine signed a cessation of any form of oil exploration in the entire area in the 80's to make way for nuclear submarines which Scotland doesn't want!

Fact: Scotland has shown its revulsion time and time again to nuclear weapons but they place them here against our countries wishes. A recent contingency report was carried out a out the feasibility of relocating them in Portsmouth. The report stated that it was unfeasible because the detrimental risk to the area of an incident was too high. (Ok for the Clyde though)

Fact: Scotland, with only 1 Tory MP, was forced to take the shocking attack on the poor & disabled called The Bedroom Tax, even though as our nations government, Holyrood voted to utterly reject this awful tax on the poor. Westminster gave us it anyway!

Fact: We are led to believe that the oil in our waters is finished and its a dying industry. Yet 13.5 billion has been invested by oil companies in the last 2 years alone!

Fact: The Clair Oil Field is about to open, and on its own has over 650 million barrels which will be extracted over 20+ years with production reaching a hundred thousand barrels a day!

Fact: Scotland gives more to Westminster than it gets back. Do you really think they'd be so keen to keep us if we were being subsidised like they'd have us believe?

Fact: Westminster has amassed over £1.3 trillion debt and still growing at nearly £6000 a second. Thats another £516 million today alone which YOU will have to pay for.

Fact: Of the 178 countries that have gained their own independence across this planet, not one single one of them has ever asked to reverse this independence, and very few of them have the assets we have.

SCOTLAND, WHAT ARE WE SCARED OF? WE HAVE A CHANCE... WITHOUT A SINGLE BULLET BEING FIRED, WITHOUT A SINGLE DEATH... TO GET OUR FREEDOM AND INDEPENDENCE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PUT A CROSS IN THE YES BOX.

SCOTLAND, ITS TIME TO STAND UP AS A NATION AND VOTE YES ON THE 18TH OF SEPTEMBER... AND BECOME A FREE AND CARING NATION AGAIN!!!

VOTE YES AND SET OUR COUNTRY FREE!!!!

Y E S ! ! ! Y E S ! ! ! Y E S ! ! !

Brilliant post. Follow that, well I wish Wales would follow Scotland to freedom.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Are you Catalan then ?

So now you show your true colours. So you think the killing and bombing of children is ok. Sad my friend, so sad.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:21 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Are you Catalan then ?

So now you show your true colours. So you think the killing and bombing of children is ok. Sad my friend, so sad.

You completely missed my point. The point being that people jump onto campaigns without knowing the whole story of the debate