Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' indendence Scotland Yes or No? '

Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:35 pm

If RBS wasn't bailed, the total debt amount would have been the equivalent of actually physically selling Scotland as a country. What an Ebay listing that would have been.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm

I certainly hope the vote goes YES in Scotland.
The Scots elected to join England 300 year ago and it's taken them that long to see their mistake.
If the vote goes no they would be the first country ever to vote against independence, but the momentum is with the YES who have a brilliant campaign on social media etc.
Let hope a YES vote in Scotland will wake up the people of Wales! We didn't have the choice of joining the union it was forced upon us. Enough is enough.
Go for it Scotland, come on Wales to freedom!

Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Wales can't even run it's own NHS for fucks sake and the WAG creates it's own black hole like Cardiff Airport. I wouldn't trust those cunts to run f**k all

Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:58 pm

BlueGog wrote:I certainly hope the vote goes YES in Scotland.
The Scots elected to join England 300 year ago and it's taken them that long to see their mistake.
If the vote goes no they would be the first country ever to vote against independence, but the momentum is with the YES who have a brilliant campaign on social media etc.
Let hope a YES vote in Scotland will wake up the people of Wales! We didn't have the choice of joining the union it was forced upon us. Enough is enough.

Quebec voted against independence from Canada back in the 90s. By the narrowest of margins. It got nasty at the time, but since then the Parti Quebecois have lost a lot of ground.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Military Junta wrote:Wales can't even run it's own NHS for fucks sake and the WAG creates it's own black hole like Cardiff Airport. I wouldn't trust those cunts to run f**k all

I think you'll find that the NHS in Wales is in a far better state than England although the right wing English press will tell you otherwise, but they would wouldn't they.
As for Cardiff airport, don't blame the assembly, blame Labour they run the place. It's their policy. Time for a change don't you think?

Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:02 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:

Quebec voted against independence from Canada back in the 90s. By the narrowest of margins. It got nasty at the time, but since then the Parti Quebecois have lost a lot of ground.

Quite right, they did.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:07 pm

100% yes

Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:14 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:Wales can't even run it's own NHS for fucks sake and the WAG creates it's own black hole like Cardiff Airport. I wouldn't trust those cunts to run f**k all

I think you'll find that the NHS in Wales is in a far better state than England although the right wing English press will tell you otherwise, but they would wouldn't they.
As for Cardiff airport, don't blame the assembly, blame Labour they run the place. It's their policy. Time for a change don't you think?

Sorry but Labour have been in power of the WAG ever since it was first set-up and with the help of Plaid and the Lib Dems at different times so I will blame the WAG FFS and if you really think the NHS is better in Wales than England then you obviously haven't been following the current affairs for the last few yeas then have you!!!!

The Labour run WAG is blindly walking the people of Wales into a Communist state and the amount of propaganda which have come to nothing should have people seeing through them by now. Remember the electric pods which were going to go around Cardiff, the seaplanes which was going to take off from Cardiff Bay, they STILL haven't finished the A465 expansion, they spend a fortune on the Newport bypass project, then reject it and now it's back on the drawing board, then you had the seven barrage and f**k I could go on.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:20 pm

BlueGog wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

Quite right, they did.

The PQ blamed recent immigrants to Canada, who had voted overwhelmingly against independence, for the narrow defeat. They were disappointed at losing, but played the race card afterwards.

In the past, the SNP have not been above playing the Orange card. Hopefully, they are a bit more inclusive these days.

Re: independence Scotland Yes or No?

Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:Would you vote for independence if Wales were in Scotland's shoes?

Would you want free of the Westminster Rule?

Due to residency rules I am eligible to vote and I am undecided.

What would you do?

Tony, I have watched hours and hours of programmes on it, read every paper as I love politics.
I dont want them to have independence as I am for Britain and us all together, but I can understand why many of them want it.

I cant stand Alex Salmond and I feel he is not genuine.

Worthy of a sticky as this is massive in the World, never mind UK, Spain are watching as there is a battle going on there as well.

So its a NO from me.

what's happening in Spain Annis?

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:26 pm

This is a step into the unknown & them Scottish nationalists led by the most evil/odious man in Britain are making a big mistake if they think the living standards will improve its bullshit built on what ifs.
A yes vote could lead to constant tory rule & we all know what that means to all of us in Wales & north of Watford.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Military Junta wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

Sorry but Labour have been in power of the WAG ever since it was first set-up and with the help of Plaid and the Lib Dems at different times so I will blame the WAG FFS and if you really think the NHS is better in Wales than England then you obviously haven't been following the current affairs for the last few yeas then have you!!!!

The Labour run WAG is blindly walking the people of Wales into a Communist state and the amount of propaganda which have come to nothing should have people seeing through them by now. Remember the electric pods which were going to go around Cardiff, the seaplanes which was going to take off from Cardiff Bay, they STILL haven't finished the A465 expansion, they spend a fortune on the Newport bypass project, then reject it and now it's back on the drawing board, then you had the seven barrage and f**k I could go on.

They've been centralising the NHS for years, sure it's ok for us but they've totally screwed over the rural areas, The Anglesey council was dirtier than Nixon, we've been a one party state for 4 decades. I was sat listening to 6 representatives in school last year. The green party woman was completely insane - spent the whole time talking about bees :?

the labour and lib dem women spent the whole time bickering because some guy had screwed and left both of them and they were taking it out on each other

the conservative guy was alright but had the motivation and forward thinking of a drunk

I felt like starting a military coup by the end of it........I'm happy with London, not to mention I like the royal family and the history we've shared, England just needs to get its head out of its ass.

the plaid guy was good but I don't trust his party.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:31 pm

BanterLad115 wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

They've been centralising the NHS for years, sure it's ok for us but they've totally screwed over the rural areas, The Anglesey council was dirtier than Nixon, we've been a one party state for 4 decades. I was sat listening to 6 representatives in school last year. The green party woman was completely insane - spent the whole time talking about bees :?

the labour and lib dem women spent the whole time bickering because some guy had screwed and left both of them and they were taking it out on each other

the conservative guy was alright but had the motivation and forward thinking of a drunk

I felt like starting a military coup by the end of it........I'm happy with London, not to mention I like the royal family and the history we've shared, England just needs to get its head out of its ass.

the plaid guy was good but I don't trust his party.

And don't get me started with the ambulance service due the WAG running the NHS. The valleys are lucky to have more than one ambulance covering the different valleys on a weekend night!!!!

Also barry hospital is a f*cking waste of money. Do you know that there is thousands of pounds worth of equipment in that hospital which is still in their wrapping and has been there over ten years because it's a waste of time now

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:35 pm

One thing is for curtain if Scotland votes yes hen Cameron and Milibands jobs are both on the line

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:43 pm

If Scotland vote yes won't that essentially put the. Conservatives in majority power for the rest of time? The loss of Labour MPs in Scotland will earn a certain Tory win.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:47 pm

RFMH wrote:If Scotland vote yes won't that essentially put the. Conservatives in majority power for the rest of time? The loss of Labour MPs in Scotland will earn a certain Tory win.

Exactly and that's why Milibands back benchers are panicking now and also Alistair Darling has led the no campaign

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:52 pm

BracklaBlue72 wrote:It's a big yes from me . Would love Wales to be in the same financial position but would still vote yes right now if we had the vote . Need to strip down the public sector and build up the private sector though. We'd probably have to bite the bullet of 10 years of hardship before the economy started to grow ( unlike the scots who are pretty much at that level already) but then it'd be in our hands and would finally be able to shed the mantle of being one of European poorest regions....

I think that you've painted a fairly realistic picture. I too would vote YES for Wales to be independent. Hundreds of years of english rule have fucked us up good and proper. Bottom of every league table tells its own story. We've been stripped of all our natural resources, just like Scotland with THEIR oil, and in return we've been starved of investment, leaving us far poorer than most english regions...yet most Welsh people just roll over and accept it. A pathetic lack of confidence in our own ability.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:55 pm

mr_nellio wrote:Same situation for me. I will be voting no. I work for a British company in a small satellite office. My job security cannot be guaranteed in the result of a yes vote. It may be no longer viable for the company to operate a satellite office in a foreign country. Also there is still no guarantee on what the currency will be and there is no long term plan past say 10 years.

I can see why they want to do it because in the short term it does look beneficial for Scotland but it's a risk I cannot at this moment in time afford to take.

There is a lot of uncertainty and questions without answers IMO.

Does the UK have a long term plan? What is it?

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:57 pm

Simply no winner in this vote and bitterness will be prevalent for many years whichever way the vote goes. Having read quite a bit on the subject in the British press, it would appear that it is evenly divided. Having grown up in Blaenau Gwent, I return each year and see the total hopelessness in the lives of the unemployed people in that area. Surely there has to be a better way to be governed than from the capital city of a foreign country. It would be a YES from me.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:59 pm

moonboots wrote:
BracklaBlue72 wrote:It's a big yes from me . Would love Wales to be in the same financial position but would still vote yes right now if we had the vote . Need to strip down the public sector and build up the private sector though. We'd probably have to bite the bullet of 10 years of hardship before the economy started to grow ( unlike the scots who are pretty much at that level already) but then it'd be in our hands and would finally be able to shed the mantle of being one of European poorest regions....

I think that you've painted a fairly realistic picture. I too would vote YES for Wales to be independent. Hundreds of years of english rule have fucked us up good and proper. Bottom of every league table tells its own story. We've been stripped of all our natural resources, just like Scotland with THEIR oil, and in return we've been starved of investment, leaving us far poorer than most english regions...yet most Welsh people just roll over and accept it. A pathetic lack of confidence in our own ability.

The Welsh assembly take their cut before they give the councils in wales their handout from Westminsterand it's the WAG which runs both education and the NHS in Wales so what was that you mentioned about league tables ?

I'm going to be direct here when I say that some of the comments on here (especially the wales about an Independant Wales) are filled with anti-Westminister propaganda and you should start understanding what the WAG controls before blaming Westminister.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:01 am

BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

What would you do?

Tony, I have watched hours and hours of programmes on it, read every paper as I love politics.
I dont want them to have independence as I am for Britain and us all together, but I can understand why many of them want it.

Worthy of a sticky as this is massive in the World, never mind UK, Spain are watching as there is a battle going on there as well.

So its a NO from me.

definite NO, I don't always like the British government but I wouldn't trust the Senedd with my password for this forum let alone any major decisions, bunch of corrupt, incompetent Neanderthals. They can't even provide a decent level of education.

And of course the Westminster politicians are not corrupt or incompetent at all...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:05 am

moonboots wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

What would you do?

So its a NO from me.

definite NO, I don't always like the British government but I wouldn't trust the Senedd with my password for this forum let alone any major decisions, bunch of corrupt, incompetent Neanderthals. They can't even provide a decent level of education.

And of course the Westminster politicians are not corrupt or incompetent at all...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

The amount of Valley AMs who have second homes in Cardiff Bay and Penarth is a f*cking joke when thousands of people from the valleys have to travel to work every single day!!!! The two AMs which are married (Huw Lewis from Merthyr and Lynee Neagle from Torfean actually charged the WAG two separate mortgages for the one second home and doubled up in the fittings and furnishing yet the bastards are still there as the public like voting Labour like f*cking lemmings

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:13 am

Military Junta wrote:
moonboots wrote:

The Welsh assembly take their cut before they give the councils in wales their handout from Westminsterand it's the WAG which runs both education and the NHS in Wales so what was that you mentioned about league tables ?

I'm going to be direct here when I say that some of the comments on here (especially the wales about an Independant Wales) are filled with anti-Westminister propaganda and you should start understanding what the WAG controls before blaming Westminister.

Come off it. We are given an ever decreasing budget by Westminster and you know it. Wales is under funded by hundreds of millions of pounds each year because the Barnett formula is outdated. How can you run things properly if you are grossly under funded? Of course things like health and education will suffer. Westminster treats us like shit and too many just roll over and take it. Who the f**k enjoys being ruled by someone else? We do by the look of it.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:52 am

defo no .alex salmond is more slimy than a lizzard in a tub of swarfega

Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:59 am

"The NHS in Wales is better than in England", christ alive!!!!

Stop spouting bollocks for gods sake.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:24 am

I'm undecided, my questions are where in history has there been a record of another country running they're affairs better than themselves? I travel to Jersey regularly, use they're pound note as part of the Bank of England, yet Jersey has different tax and spend policies and not members of the EU, jersey is a great place to live and work what's the difference ?

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:27 am

Military Junta wrote:
moonboots wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

What would you do?

So its a NO from me.

The amount of Valley AMs who have second homes in Cardiff Bay and Penarth is a f*cking joke when thousands of people from the valleys have to travel to work every single day!!!! The two AMs which are married (Huw Lewis from Merthyr and Lynee Neagle from Torfean actually charged the WAG two separate mortgages for the one second home and doubled up in the fittings and furnishing yet the bastards are still there as the public like voting Labour like f*cking lemmings

What more would you expect of labour, they have always been good at spending and wasting other peoples money!

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:39 am

Well I'm going to ignore the original question (I'm not Welsh) but I do support Scotland's independence. I know how English politics ignore them and if I were them I'd be in a rush to get out, especially with us Scandinavians ready to help them get at their oil ;)

I see Scotland as closer to us than England really. But about Wales I would have no opinion.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 am

llangainbluebird wrote:A matter for the people of Scotland. Really don't care what they do.

This is my take on it also.

In terms of Wales though, I don't think we'd survive as an independent nation - we don't have any real industry for a start; you can't build a nation on hundreds of little industrial estates and call centres!

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:08 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:No. No and thrice No.

The UK is minuscule and needs unity. After many years of experiencing political guff, I generally have no confidence in any mealy-mouthed 'career' politician - if someone wants to be a politician, then they shouldn't be allowed to be one. They say that business does, the government just does what it can. These clowns just tinker and fiddle as a career option as they wouldn't survive in the private sector. And can you imagine Wales pushing for the same? I am truly aghast when I see the likes of Leanne Wood & co in positions of potential power as they are beyond clueless. I like Carwyn as a bloke, seems trustworthy and heart in the right place but is this really the best talent we can offer as a leader of Wales? And this new Welsh Secretary Stephen Crabb? For real? Someone who lives near me was recently made an AM and its beyond a joke that the system allows people to be in any capacity of office when they simply just are not up to the task it in terms of experience and competence.

On a separate note, I have just cleaned the screen of my new 65" TV to remove tell-tale smear marks as a result of my ritual of rubbing my fat cock on the faces of the new Strictly bitches to wish them good luck. Winkleman's face looks like a balloon on the 12th day of Christmas and always reduces 'Mr T' to a semi. :(

Incisive political wit at its absolute best - I salute you sir :notworthy: :laughing5: