Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What a fantastic transfer window! Well done ole.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Burgstaller
Macheda
Le fondre
Guerrea
Adeyemi
Morrison
Gabbidon
Pilkington
Dikagchoi
Manga

Bringing in that amount of talent not spending stupid money is great business by ole and every cardiff fan should be happy! Let's now get promoted :ayatollah:

Re: What a fantastic transfer window! Well done ole.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:41 pm

Agreed :ole: :ole: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Been a long time since I've been satisfied with a transfer window. I'm definitely happy with this one. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Great signings but I wouldn't say cheap .

In all fairness tan has backed his manager again . That lot cost between 15-20 million for a championship team that is big money
:shock:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:47 pm

I think Gabbidon will prove vital i think with his experience and him being a defensive coach for ole is also a bonus. :ole: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:55 pm

as soon as this squad gels, we'll be incredible.. Solskjaer finally has his own team. Hopefully they will embrace his tactics and philosophies sooner rather than later.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:02 pm

thomasblue wrote:Great signings but I wouldn't say cheap .

In all fairness tan has backed his manager again . That lot cost between 15-20 million for a championship team that is big money

I added it to be 12 million max which isn't bad

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

most were free, I can only remember there being fees over a mil for le fonder, pilks and manga, then remember how much we made from players sold and parachute payments. Cracking business.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:17 pm

BanterLad115 wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

most were free, I can only remember there being fees over a mil for le fonder, pilks and manga, then remember how much we made from players sold and parachute payments. Cracking business.

Agree great business . 3 million for Morrison. 1 million le fondre.1 mill adeyemi. Reported 5 million manga. 1 million Pilkington. I'd say 1 million max for burgstaller and the rest were frees.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:24 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Agree great business . 3 million for Morrison. 1 million le fondre.1 mill adeyemi. Reported 5 million manga. 1 million Pilkington. I'd say 1 million max for burgstaller and the rest were frees.

it was less for burg, something like 250,000 or 750,000 can't remember which, I would say we only bought under market price and only sold over, probablr reduced the wage bill, can't ask for more.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:44 pm

Agree with the OP.

Why are people saying Morrison signed for £3m? All reputable sources said the fee was undisclosed. Most rumours stated 'just over £1m' at the time. Where has the £3m come from?

I make this summer's spending to be between £10m - £11m

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:37 am

Absolutely outstanding business by Ole! - would have loved to have seen what he could have done with the warchest that Malky got to spend!

I find it hard to nail it down to this few, but here's who I'm most excited about:
Manga - former captain, and reading up on him, I'm really surprised we got him as his pedigree just screams premier league!
Guerra - very excited to see what he can do (having scored as many as Bale in la liga last season for a struggling team
Macheda - quietly confident he will have a breakout season
Adeyemi - regarded very highly at Brum, and even handed the vice captaincy at only 22 ...he will prove to be an absolute steal at £1mil

What I love about pretty much all of Ole's signings is that they look like they could make the step up to the prem and there is a lot of potential there!

I am in no way complaining about our transfer activity as I am absolutely over the moon, but one player I would have liked would have been a Joey Barton to boss our midfield about, and keep other teams honest!

In regards to Morrison mind, I have only seen it mentioned that we paid £3mil with up to a further £1mil based on appearances etc. - transfermarkt also has it down as just over £3mil

Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:19 am

Have to agree, this window has been amazing. Waiting PATIENT for 'em to gel, late september or early october. :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ole:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:10 am

Looks great on paper - let's hope Ole can get them playing decent football. He hasn't so far.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:17 am

My opinion:
Burgstaller - Doesnt look like he will offer much from what ive seen so far
Macheda - great value for money
Le fondre - good addition
Guerrea - good addition, looking forward to seeing him start a game.
Adeyemi - think he will be great for us and good value for money, not sure why he didnt start at wolves!?
Morrison - looks a good addition.
Gabbidon - would have prefered to keep our leader huds
Pilkington - hopefully will be a decent player for us.
Dikagchoi - not impressed me atm.
Manga - might turn out excellent but would much rather have seen £5m spent on a top CM

My rating of Ole's transfer business overall 7/10.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:40 am

The best business throughout this window has been hanging on to David Marshall.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:43 am

Impressed by the squad Ole has put together. A major part of the assessment of a manager should be his dealings in the transfer market, and this is definitely his strength. If he keeps this up, the team will slowly and steadily become Premier League standard.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:49 am

Total costs for players bought = £14.386m and for players sold = £24.16m. Figures can be seen in the post :-

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146833

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:41 pm

TaffEmbankment wrote:My opinion:
Adeyemi - think he will be great for us and good value for money, not sure why he didnt start at wolves!?
Manga - might turn out excellent but would much rather have seen £5m spent on a top CM

7/10 is a bit harsh, i don't know what some people expect - what more could he have done!!

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:44 pm

TaffEmbankment wrote:My opinion:

Burgstaller took his goal well and has been putting in a shift, just need to work on his speed,

Dikgacoi did fantastically in the medel role at port vale

Pilkington has disappointed me a little, thought he was better.

what type of CM do you want? we have a box to box, destroyer, passers we are missing some of Mutch's directness but we have every type of midfielder

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:18 pm

In general I'm happy with who we signed one position I don't think we've recruited well for is central midfield yes we've signed workers but no creative players, but as I stated I'm happy. :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:41 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Looks great on paper - let's hope Ole can get them playing decent football. He hasn't so far.

Agreed

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:53 pm

popeye21 wrote:Total costs for players bought = £14.386m and for players sold = £24.16m. Figures can be seen in the post :-

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=146833

That's a net spend of nearly -10m.

Not bad.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:37 am

And that will cover the total wage cost for the whole squad for about 20 weeks!

Good transferwindow!