Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Ole's let our one and only leader go!

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:59 am

Captain, shmaptain.

Give it to Gabbidon.

Maturity and experience.

Hudson was captain last year and barely played - same for Gabbidon this season imo.

Sooooorted.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:02 am

Jumanji Jim wrote:Captain, shmaptain.

Give it to Gabbidon.

Maturity and experience.

Hudson was captain last year and barely played - same for Gabbidon this season imo.

Sooooorted.

It´s just that Gabbidon won´t be playing much, if at all.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:16 am

What point is there in having a "leader" if the majority of the time he's not even on the pitch!

Huds was a top guy but he was a very limited player. This new guy Manga is by all accounts a much better player with the ball, with Huds going he's taking a little bit more of the hoofball with him.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:17 am

Ah here's the new agenda for this board.

When we draw 'Leader!!!' Followed by 'rotation!!' Will be the new buzzwords.

Hudson got injured every single season he was here, 11-12 being a marginal exception. Yet we managed pretty well without him and he wouldn't have made a diff last season.

Injuries take their toll and the guys on the final hump of his career. Morrison, Manga and Turner were all going to be ahead of him, plus Cala. So he was very unlikely to play anyway.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:37 am

Yes, damn Ole and his stupidity. Malky would have never let Hudson go.

Especially when Hudson's white and the other guy.....not so white :lol:

On a serious note though, Hudson's a good guy and great at this level but he missed more games than he played, so I dont know why people get so riled up about it.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:53 am

he was always slagged on this forum. fickle lot!

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:12 am

Marshall plays every game give it to him...

Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:01 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I'm sad. When Hudson was missing during our title winning season, it was very noticeable. Hudson had his limitations, but I doubt I will ever see another centre back who will throw his body on the line to block so many shots again.

Ole has assembled his own young squad who are currently lacking leadership and direction. Hudson would have been a great benefit to our young players on the pitch. I think letting Hudson go is a massive mistake.

Thanks for everything Mark and I wish you the very best with your future. A true pro and an example for any young centre back to look up to.

Totally agree with every word you've said there.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:29 am

The first thing Ole did when taking over, was to bring Hudson back on the field (while he had been left out by Malky). Hudson looked to be preferred over Turner, but then he got injured again.

But unfortunately, Hudson is nothing like the player Ole would want as a CB, and now that he was the chance of replacing him with someone with pace and passing skills, there is no argument, really. Do you really want to keep him just because he´s a nice guy? I´m pretty sure Ole has been completely honest with him, and Hudson left to have first team football.

But please, don´t let common sense ruin your propensity for slagging the manager with every possible opportunity.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:04 am

Dve wrote:
But please, don´t let common sense ruin your propensity for slagging the manager with every possible opportunity.

I'm sure if Ole helps an old lady cross the road, there will be some here who'll slag him off for it :lol: