Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ole's let our one and only leader go!

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:35 pm

I'm sad. When Hudson was missing during our title winning season, it was very noticeable. Hudson had his limitations, but I doubt I will ever see another centre back who will throw his body on the line to block so many shots again.

Ole has assembled his own young squad who are currently lacking leadership and direction. Hudson would have been a great benefit to our young players on the pitch. I think letting Hudson go is a massive mistake.

Thanks for everything Mark and I wish you the very best with your future. A true pro and an example for any young centre back to look up to.

Re: Ole's let our one and only leader go!

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:40 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I'm sad. When Hudson was missing during our title winning season, it was very noticeable. Hudson had his limitations, but I doubt I will ever see another centre back who will throw his body on the line to block so many shots again.

Ole has assembled his own young squad who are currently lacking leadership and direction. Hudson would have been a great benefit to our young players on the pitch. I think letting Hudson go is a massive mistake.

Thanks for everything Mark and I wish you the very best with your future. A true pro and an example for any young centre back to look up to.

Replaced with a captain from a French club Lorient.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Who has no experience of this league...
Yes he will hopefully be a great signing but he'll take time to adjust. Hudson still had a lot to offer us, don't see the benefit of signing gabbidon and letting Hudson go.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:46 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I'm sad. When Hudson was missing during our title winning season, it was very noticeable. Hudson had his limitations, but I doubt I will ever see another centre back who will throw his body on the line to block so many shots again.

I know that, but can he speak fluent English? He's only 26 and has never played over here. Hudson knows the club, knows the division inside out and knows what it takes to succeed at this level. His experience would have been vital for us this season and letting Hudson go is a huge mistake for me.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:47 pm

Very sad to see Mark Hudson go.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Turner will be new captain. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

I know that, but can he speak fluent English? He's only 26 and has never played over here. Hudson knows the club, knows the division inside out and knows what it takes to succeed at this level. His experience would have been vital for us this season and letting Hudson go is a huge mistake for me.

On the other hand. He's not guaranteed first team football here. He's 32 and the club has done the right thing by the player in letting him go get one last contract? Rewarding him for his service by not forcing him to stay and sit on the bench.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:50 pm

flashgordon2 wrote:Who has no experience of this league...
Yes he will hopefully be a great signing but he'll take time to adjust. Hudson still had a lot to offer us, don't see the benefit of signing gabbidon and letting Hudson go.

I suppose Hudson wants first team football. Gabbidon is happy with having a paid job.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:51 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Turner will be new captain. :ayatollah:

God I hope not. He's the worst player on the books IMO

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:51 pm

God I hope not. He's the worst player on the books IMO

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:00 pm

Im sad to see Hudson go, he was first class as captain in our promotion season, a real leader. Our squad is taking a new direction though and it sounds like we've brought in a top centre half.

Ive been really impressed with Ole's transfer business, I just hope now we know exactly what squad we're going with we can start to see a clear style of play and put these players into a successful system, so far it all looks very disjointed.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:01 pm

One round ball, grass, two goals and 22 players. I´m sure he´s used to that.

Sometimes I get the feeling that people regard the Championship as something totally different from anything else. Every team has their own style, and every game is different from the next one, depending on who you are playing. So what´s so special about the Championship that you cannot find anywhere else? Don´t mean to be offensive, I´m just wondering. Why would it take time for him to adjust? Look at the French national team. It´s all muscles.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:09 pm

Good luck to him. Will be missed I'm sure. In his first season he made lots of mistakes and I thought he was the biggest liability we had he obviously got a lot better to his peak in the title winning season. Even in his bad season he still cajoled and encouraged the players around him something we sadly missed in the disaster that was last year.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:10 pm

I think its a big mistake getting rid of Hudson, just my opinion, Should have given him a coaching role.

Good Luck to him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I think its a big mistake getting rid of Hudson, just my opinion, Should have given him a coaching role.

Totally agree :old:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:27 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote: but can he speak fluent English?

He can't speak any English.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:28 pm

Who says he wants a coaching role? Perhaps he would rather concentrate on his last few years as a player?

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:28 pm

Why? Turner shouldn't be in the starting xi with all the new cbs and Connolly playing well.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:29 pm

blueheaven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I think its a big mistake getting rid of Hudson, just my opinion, Should have given him a coaching role.

Totally agree :old:

Hudson still wants to play. As soon as you start coaching you semi retire.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:33 pm

Dve wrote:

One round ball, grass, two goals and 22 players. I´m sure he´s used to that.

Sometimes I get the feeling that people regard the Championship as something totally different from anything else. Every team has their own style, and every game is different from the next one, depending on who you are playing. So what´s so special about the Championship that you cannot find anywhere else? Don´t mean to be offensive, I´m just wondering. Why would it take time for him to adjust? Look at the French national team. It´s all muscles.

Totally agree with this viewpoint. All the pundits and the players over complicate a simple game. And some fans buy in to it.
If you are good enough you can play anywhere.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:35 pm

LonCar wrote:

Why? Turner shouldn't be in the starting xi with all the new cbs and Connolly playing well.

I rate him at this level. Turner is my choice for captain but that's just my opinion. Idk who else I'd choose as captain

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:39 pm

Def a leader, but Marshall, Magna, Cala, Turner, Gunnar and Jones all have decent leadership ability. Think a guerra was captain too.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:34 am

We have a totally inept manager who seems to think that he has to replace all of Malkys team to earn respect.
The managers a clown!

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:39 am

I totally agree, like I said Ole's lost it.

We now have a team of individuals who have no unity. I

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 am

Dicey wrote:

It's the best move for Hudson, he wants and needs to play every week, not ready for coaching role.when are our fans going to give Ole a break? , instant dislike as he was brought in by Tan, childish and moronic way of thinking.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:15 am

langley wrote:
Dicey wrote:

It's the best move for Hudson, he wants and needs to play every week, not ready for coaching role.when are our fans going to give Ole a break? , instant dislike as he was brought in by Tan, childish and moronic way of thinking.

This as nothing to do with Tan! We have squad full of individuals who are asked to play with different squad players on match by match basis. I don't believe we have any team sprit and lack continuity and I struggle to see why others can't see that.
All some are concerned with is that we are spending money on different players without any knowledge of the players.
The chickens will come to roost for many by Christmas :lol: .

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:21 am

Dicey wrote:
langley wrote:
Dicey wrote:

This as nothing to do with Tan! We have squad full of individuals who are asked to play with different squad players on match by match basis. I don't believe we have any team sprit and lack continuity and I struggle to see why others can't see that.
All some are concerned with is that we are spending money on different players without any knowledge of the players.
The chickens will come to roost for many by Christmas :lol: .

Don't you mean turkeys

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:32 am

Was he forced out though? He would've been a bit part player at best in this current squad, maybe he wanted to go for first team football. Good luck to Huds.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:34 am

Some bollox on here to suit posters agenda.....

Agree with Tonteg which is worrying - We suffered from a massive lack of leadership last season when we give it to a third year pro. Giving the captaincy to a goalie is just symbolic. I have no idea what Ole is doing considering he played with Roy Keane as his captain. Please don't give it to Whitts, its just not him (his record is poor)

Ademyemi need to learn to pass and is far too inexperianced to lead an promotion chasing club, with wildly volitile fans.
Digachoi - doesn't look Mr energy and drive.

2 can't speak English

It'll have to be Nooney !!!!!!

I do not consider Marshall, Whitts and Hudson to be Malky's - They were here when he got here.... Although he did make Hudson a better player..(whilsts gradually wrecking Whitts)

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:44 am

We have a leader in David Marshall