Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " NOW I HOPE THEY RETURN "

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:21 pm

bluebird04 wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:Wouldn't make a difference if they signed messi, this is South Wales we live in, and they're charging around £30 a ticket for games, that doesn't include transport and food drink ect, when I go I buy 2 adult tickets and now a 16-21 year old ticket, so I'm looking at just under a £100 a game. It's pathetic

I hear you there brother! The ticket prices need looking at. The trouble is that season ticket holders have already paid and you can't lower prices for Matchday tickets without disadvantaging them. The ST's are too pricey as far as I'm concerned. It wasn't rocket science to work out that with demotion came a drop in demand, so the prices should have been lowered to reflect this.

If you are a family man (as you obviously are), any reduction makes a big difference because it is multiplied. Y the number you pay for.

It doesn't take a genius, for example, to email all Cardiff schools on a Monday to say that kids go for a quid to a Tuesday night game. The crowd will be bigger, the kids will appreciate it and they may buy a coke or chips while they are there. Some parents may decide to accompany youngsters so again, it increases the gate.

Good post Willie.
Whilst I purchase my ticket in advance (I didn't renew my ST this season) I get them a fair bit cheaper & think more people should do this, however, I realise not everyone can do.
Good point about the schools. Football is now a big business & I would suggest the CCFC marketing dept needs to look at itself!
By inviting say under 16's for cheap you get 3 positives out of it.
1. More ticket revenue
2. Help to fill the stadium
3. Possible bigger fan base in the future by getting the kids in whilst their young.

even if i do purchase it sooner, the cheapest the cheapest ones i seen are £20, so for me thats 2 of them (£40), plus the 16-21, which could be £12 (thats £52) alone for tickets, im then still looking at train fare, food day ect. im affriad they will continue to rise aswell, and potentially, if we get promoted, only see them rise again. being a football fan used to be a hobby, now its become a luxury

Yes it does get expensive for a family but I don't think you could get the price down from 20 quid. I think that's a fair price for the championship.
Yes of course it probable that prices will rise again if we get promoted but I'm afraid that's modern football for you. It's all about the money. Someone's got to pay these 'superstars' £30,000 per week!!