Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' OFFICIAL ' ' Bruno Manga Deal DONE '

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:52 pm

DONE: Cardiff City have signed Gabon international defender Bruno Ecuele Manga from French side FC Lorient for €5m.

Club add key defensive signing on deadline day

I said we would only add more before the window shut if something spectacular came up for us. It did."
Ole Gunnar Solskjær

We are very pleased to confirm the completion of a deal to bring Gabon international Bruno Ecuele Manga to Cardiff City Football Club.

Having completed his medical in South Wales on Monday evening, Bruno has put pen to paper on a contract that will keep him with the Club until June, 2017. He joins from French Ligue 1 side, FC Lorient.

The 26 year-old – a strong and athletic centre-half and former Lorient captain - began his career with home club Libreville, in Gabon. In 2006 he moved to Bordeaux, prior to spending time at Angers SCO ahead of a 2010 switch to Lorient. During a four-year spell in Brittany, Bruno made 118 appearances and scored four goals.

Speaking exclusively to Cardiff City Player, the new signing said: “I have come here to Cardiff to soon play in the Premier League.

“I spoke at length to the Manager who was a great player in this country. He has certain ambitions and I share those ambitions. The main one is to go back up to the Premier League, and I'm very excited about coming here.

“I’ll spend time away with my national team now, though I look forward to returning and starting with my new team-mates. I’m confident that things can go very well for me here. This is a good team with a good manager and a good board that is doing great work. I can’t wait to start.

“I'd like to thank the Manager, the Owner and the Chairman, as well as the supporters. The deal took a little time, but we got there, and it shows that the club wants to go back up to the Premier League. I'm going to do everything I can to make it happen.”

Having made Bruno his ninth signing of the summer transfer window, City Boss Ole Gunnar Solskjær added: “We’ve been waiting for this signing – Bruno is someone we’ve watched for a long time now.

“We faced stiff competition for his signing, but managed to get the deal done. We’re delighted; I said we would only add more before the window shut if something spectacular came up for us. It did and Bruno will be a terrific addition to our squad.

“Bruno will bring pace, international experience, energy and enthusiasm. He is a centre-back who plays the ball forward, looks up and can put us on the counter-attack. I’m delighted he’s agreed to join us.”

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146727 :ayatollah:

Re: Bruno Manga deal DONE

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:53 pm

Fantastic :ayatollah: :ole:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:53 pm

Good signing ole :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:56 pm

ValeBlue wrote:Good signing ole :ayatollah:

Is it? I hope so but we'll have to wait & see.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:00 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
ValeBlue wrote:Good signing ole :ayatollah:

Is it? I hope so but we'll have to wait & see.

I've been reading up about him and if you believe reports he is to good for us from several sports writers.

Team if the week last week as well.

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:02 pm

What a signing. Fair play to Ole and his team.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Awesome!!

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Welcome Bruno well done Ole

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:17 pm

Sounds like a cracking signing but will judge him on how he performs.

Re: ' Bruno Manga Deal DONE '

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:19 pm

we need strong players like him at the back :bluescarf:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:23 pm

I must be the only one who's never heard of him lol although I will admit, I'm not a massive follower of football outside of the British game. Welcome aboard bruno. Sounds like he's gonna be a great addition judging by comments in this thread :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:34 pm

Who is Bruno Manga? Everything you need to know about Cardiff City's centre back signing from Lorient

Bruno Manga was one of the most highly rated defenders in French football and now he's about to sign for Cardiff City. Take a look at our guide to the Bluebirds' final signing of the summer.

Cardiff City are about to sign towering centre back Bruno Manga from the French first division.

Never heard of him?

Fear not, because here's all you need to know about the man Arsenal and Southampton were chasing.

Bruno Ecuele Manga is a Gabonese international centre back.

He won 119 aerial duels in Ligue 1 last season, more than any other player.

Manga completed 69 percent of his tackles in Ligue1 last season, five per cent more than Thiago Silva, of Paris St Germain.

He has been at Lorient since 2010, after joining for £2m from Angers when Laurent Koscielny left for Arsenal.

He played 116 games for Lorient and scored four goals.

He has played 40 times for Gabon and scored five goals.

He is right footed, 26-year-old, 6ft 1in, and was born in Gabon capital Libreville , where he started his professional football career.

He was under contract at Lorient until next summer and has played every minute of their last two games, against Nizza and Lille, having missed out against Monaco on the opening day of the season, when Bluebirds chairman Mehmet Dalman was in the crowd.

His pass completion rate was 78.7 last season and has been as high as 87% in previous seasons.

Manga has a reputation for being a tough tackler in French football

What the media say...

Bleacher Report: “Manga's constant switching from Silva-level defending to David Luiz-esque mistakes is why no top European club has taken a calculated risk on him.”

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:35 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146727 :thumbright:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:41 pm

Absolutely incredible signing. I am so shocked that we have persuaded him to come here. Well done Ole. There is our rock in defence that we have needed. We easily have the best back 5 in the division. Welcome Bruno!!

Bloooooobirds

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Wow :ole:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Him and turner at the back will be two absolute rocks! :ayatollah:

:bluescarf:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:07 pm

Think he will be a great signing, I just wonder whether it is the area that needs most attention. Welcome Bruno!

Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:40 pm

Club add key defensive signing on deadline day

I said we would only add more before the window shut if something spectacular came up for us. It did."
Ole Gunnar Solskjær

We are very pleased to confirm the completion of a deal to bring Gabon international Bruno Ecuele Manga to Cardiff City Football Club.

Having completed his medical in South Wales on Monday evening, Bruno has put pen to paper on a contract that will keep him with the Club until June, 2017. He joins from French Ligue 1 side, FC Lorient.

The 26 year-old – a strong and athletic centre-half and former Lorient captain - began his career with home club Libreville, in Gabon. In 2006 he moved to Bordeaux, prior to spending time at Angers SCO ahead of a 2010 switch to Lorient. During a four-year spell in Brittany, Bruno made 118 appearances and scored four goals.

Speaking exclusively to Cardiff City Player, the new signing said: “I have come here to Cardiff to soon play in the Premier League.

“I spoke at length to the Manager who was a great player in this country. He has certain ambitions and I share those ambitions. The main one is to go back up to the Premier League, and I'm very excited about coming here.

“I’ll spend time away with my national team now, though I look forward to returning and starting with my new team-mates. I’m confident that things can go very well for me here. This is a good team with a good manager and a good board that is doing great work. I can’t wait to start.

“I'd like to thank the Manager, the Owner and the Chairman, as well as the supporters. The deal took a little time, but we got there, and it shows that the club wants to go back up to the Premier League. I'm going to do everything I can to make it happen.”

Having made Bruno his ninth signing of the summer transfer window, City Boss Ole Gunnar Solskjær added: “We’ve been waiting for this signing – Bruno is someone we’ve watched for a long time now.

“We faced stiff competition for his signing, but managed to get the deal done. We’re delighted; I said we would only add more before the window shut if something spectacular came up for us. It did and Bruno will be a terrific addition to our squad.

“Bruno will bring pace, international experience, energy and enthusiasm. He is a centre-back who plays the ball forward, looks up and can put us on the counter-attack. I’m delighted he’s agreed to join us.”

Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/art ... P0RWahL.99
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:18 pm

nubbsy wrote:Him and turner at the back will be two absolute rocks! :ayatollah:

:bluescarf:

Have to say I'm sorry but I hope turner doesn't partner him...

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Does he speak English ?

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Is he absolutely first choice for Gabon? If he is, he'll miss a fair chunk of the season with African Nations Cup call-ups. Gabon should qualify, which will mean he is gone for most of January (iirc, don't they usually join up with the squad a couple of weeks before, so just after Boxing Day?)

I know. Some people are never happy!

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 pm

crazy good signing! I just hope he fits in quick and well, and leads the troops!

(that should get Ole goodwill for atleast 2 days (before the senseless managerbashing continues)).

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:59 pm

I know it doesn't mean much but Fifa rates him far higher than even medel, cant find any compilation videos of him, how does he look on FM? I know it isn't real life but it's good to get a quick check of someone I don't know of.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:50 pm

Welcome :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:59 am

BanterLad115 wrote:I know it doesn't mean much but Fifa rates him far higher than even medel, cant find any compilation videos of him, how does he look on FM? I know it isn't real life but it's good to get a quick check of someone I don't know of.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2174 ... lternative

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:20 am

What an investment!!

I was worried we hadn't spent enough on defence. I am now chuffed to bits!!!

C'mon Bluebirds!!! :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:58 am

Best signing in this transfer window for any Championship club. Can be proud of this business.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:11 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:I must be the only one who's never heard of him lol although I will admit, I'm not a massive follower of football outside of the British game. Welcome aboard bruno. Sounds like he's gonna be a great addition judging by comments in this thread :ayatollah:

Me to :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:11 am

LonCar wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:I know it doesn't mean much but Fifa rates him far higher than even medel, cant find any compilation videos of him, how does he look on FM? I know it isn't real life but it's good to get a quick check of someone I don't know of.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2174 ... lternative

Just read that, great read :ayatollah: