Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED/OFFICIAL ' Danny Gabbidon Appointed Player/Coach

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:22 pm

Just reading the palace forum they wish they still had him they rate him much more than hangeland and would still have him there in the prem.. he will do very well for the year

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:36 pm

I think this is an excellent signing

He can coach some of the younger lads and I agree with some previous comments that he may well force his way into the team this season

He played well for Palace last year :bluescarf:

Re: ' Danny Gabbidon Appointed Player/Coach '

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:56 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Superb player when he was here. I personally rate him as the best all-round centre half we've had (I'm sure lots would disagree) and if it hadn't been for his injuries he would have gone right to the top.

Best 'footballing' centre half I've seen in a City shirt, loads of pace, timed his tackles well and had a leap like a salmon. Downsides were he was a bit quiet and sometimes switched off.

Of course his age is against him now, especially with injuries, but nice to see a local boy back.

Welcome back to the Bluebirds Danny. :ayatollah:

This^^^^ :thumbup:

Re: ' Danny Gabbidon Appointed Player/Coach '

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Rally liked him at Cardiff when he played for us :thumbright:

We need experience.
Player/Coach Hmm ?

I didn't want him back as a player, as I am not keen on old players seeking a final pay day, and are concerned about the hunger.

As someone said above though, he could be a good defensive coach (needed in my opinion) to get the best out of the defence, and a back up defender for a bad run of injuries, but hopefully not needed as a player......

I do agree we need to stop leaking goals, I hope Gabbidon is the answer in coaching?

Yes and he must have learned a lot last season from Pullis, the best defensive coach in the Premier League :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:07 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Hudson and Connolly didn't even play 10 games between them. :lol:

I just don't rate him, league 1/league 2.. don't see much in him really.

Which is why he was head and shoulders above them... :laughing6:

Well L2 is a ludicrous thing to say. Especially as Palace fans wanted to keep him for the Prem.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:59 am

Saw him last season, and he still really impressed me. Coach/player role seems perfect. When we got injuries or during african cup of nations, where Manga most likely will be, he will be a perfect back-up. He might even start some matches. The more I think of it, the more I like this deal :bluescarf: :ole:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Hudson and Connolly didn't even play 10 games between them. :lol:

I just don't rate him, league 1/league 2.. don't see much in him really.

Which is why he was head and shoulders above them... :laughing6:

Well L2 is a ludicrous thing to say. Especially as Palace fans wanted to keep him for the Prem.

I reckon league 1 or 2 is standard if he was to play week in week out. Simply don't rate him as much as I once did.

Re: ' OFFICIAL ' Danny Gabbidon Appointed Player/Coach '

Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:26 pm

Welcome back Gabbs :bluescarf: