Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

*** TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY - OFFICIAL THREAD ***

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:36 am

Should be an interesting day!

As well as Bruno Manga expected to sign for us, there's quite a few possible big name signings elsewhere :ayatollah:

Here's a few possible ones, although doubt all of them will come off:

- Arturo Vidal and Daley Blind to Man Utd
- Javier Hernandez to Real Madrid
- Tom Cleverley to Aston Villa
- Falcao to Manchester City
- Sandro, Aaron Lennon, Jermaine Defoe and Lassana Diarra to QPR

Sure there will be many more, and perhaps a twist :ayatollah:

Re: Transfer deadline day official thread

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:44 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Should be an interesting day!

As well as Bruno Manga expected to sign for us, there's quite a few possible big name signings elsewhere :ayatollah:

Here's a few possible ones, although doubt all of them will come off:

- Arturo Vidal and Daley Blind to Man Utd
- Javier Hernandez to Real Madrid
- Tom Cleverley to Aston Villa
- Falcao to Manchester City
- Sandro, Aaron Lennon, Jermaine Defoe and Lassana Diarra to QPR

Sure there will be many more, and perhaps a twist :ayatollah:

Arsenal will come in with something IMO.

But some interesting ones.

Hernandez I rate quite a lot, whenever he plays he's always involved with something for United.

Vidal got subbed off against Chievo, watched the game as I meant Chievo fans, top bunch and always kept an eye on them and he kind of waved to all the crowd and looked a tad emotional like it was a good bye.

Would love to see some Blind and RVP link up like the World Cup, crazy goal.

Re: *** TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY - OFFICIAL THREAD ***

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:41 am

anyone got a stream for SSN?

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:54 am

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/01/will-card ... a-4852062/

A breaking news flash; Cardiff have agreed a £5m deal for FC LOrient captain Bruno Manga. At first you react with a ‘who?’ and then see the £5m and think Cardiff are properly serious about this football lark this season.

A further bit of research shows that this signing is some coup by Cardiff. He’s not just Lorient’s centre-half, he’s also their captain. He’s been wanted by Southampton and linked with Arsenal. If you look at some stats, he outscored Thiago Silva (yes, that Thiago Silva) on tackles completed.

He’s a Gabon international and looks an all round rock at the back. A signing who has impressed season on season in France.

With personal terms and medical still to come, I wonder if Manga might be using us to get the attention of bigger teams? With Southampton having been linked with him earlier this summer, they may well want to revisit when they see he’s keen to make the move to the UK.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer mentioned a ‘spectacular signing’ would be the only reason he would be swayed into action before the end of the transfer window. This is clearly it. It would mark a remarkable signing by the club and is certainly extraordinary.

With five centre-backs at the club, this signing would surely signal the departure of at least one, maybe even two, current defenders. Morrison is first choice and there’s no way Cardiff would spend £5m on a CB to leave him on the bench. So where does that leave Connolly, Hudson, Cala and Turner?

Turner is injured at the moment. Connolly can fill a number of roles across the back so does that leave Hudson and Cala looking for a new club? I really like Cala but I just wonder where he fits at Cardiff. Hudson is highly rated by many but I’m sure he would prefer to play regular football..

Ole’s given himself another headache and with only a day until the transfer window slams shut, I wonder if Ole will be left with too many players for not enough roles

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:02 am

We still lack a leader in midfield...we need someone to get it by the scuff of the neck and boss it...it s rudderless at the moment

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:46 am

Text us on 81111

Darren Bent spotted..
Posted at
Decky in Newcastle: Just saw Darren Bent outside St James' Park. A surprise return to the North East?
Kevin in London: Have just seen Darren Bent pulling into the Charlton FC training ground, that would be a good signing for the Addicks.
290 miles separate Newcastle and Charlton...

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:46 am

Falcao off to Old Trafford?

Posted at 09:45
Interesting news coming from Spain where AS reports that Manchester United could be a surprise destination for Colombian striker Falcao.
The Monaco man has been linked with moves to Real Madrid, Manchester City and Juventus but AS reports that Falcao is on his way to Old Trafford for £50m on a four-year deal.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:47 am

Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates is set to join Sunderland on a season-long loan deal, according to Sky Sports reporter Vinny O'Connor. Midfielder Lucas Leiva is another player possibly set to depart after attracting interest from Napoli and Galatasaray.
9:42

Another player following Torres from Chelsea to AC Milan is Marco van Ginkel, with the Holland midfielder undergoing his medical in Italy.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:52 am

There's no point in United signing Falcao unless then sign a CM and CB!

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:54 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:There's no point in United signing Falcao unless then sign a CM and CB!

Blind will sign for them today

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:58 am

Soton in talks with Toby Alderweireld about a season long loan.

He is Belgian international central defender. May have a bearing on our signing of Bruno.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:59 am

JamesC wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:There's no point in United signing Falcao unless then sign a CM and CB!

True, I suppose he'll play in midfield for them when Shaw is back.

They still need four or five.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:00 am

Falcao agent touting client to man city and man u likely destination man u

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:01 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
JamesC wrote:

Man Utd need a huge overhaul - a Keane/Gattuso esque midifleder, and a big commanding CB. Then they can concentrate on bringing in better quality - IE ousting Cleverly/Young/Fellaini

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:16 am

JamesC wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
JamesC wrote:

Man Utd need a huge overhaul - a Keane/Gattuso esque midifleder, and a big commanding CB. Then they can concentrate on bringing in better quality - IE ousting Cleverly/Young/Fellaini

Agreed.

Bookies have now suspended betting on Falcao. Looks like he's off to Old Trafford.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:19 am

Bryan Swanson
@skysports_bryan
We're told Manchester United have agreed loan over Radamel Falcao subject to medical and terms. More on @SkySportsNewsHQ #mufc

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:21 am

CONFIRMED: Midfielder Karim El Ahmadi has rejoined @Feyenoord on a three-year deal.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:24 am

Text us on 81111

In the know..
Posted at
Lloydy: Hearing QPR are looking to bring in Jermain Defoe, Scott Parker and Mo Diame today.

Parker ran the game against us. a plyer i'de be happy to see out of the championship and away from a rival

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:25 am

JamesC wrote:
Text us on 81111

In the know..
Posted at
Lloydy: Hearing QPR are looking to bring in Jermain Defoe, Scott Parker and Mo Diame today.

Parker ran the game against us. a plyer i'de be happy to see out of the championship and away from a rival

Redknapp will do his usual and sign a ridiculous amount of players today.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:26 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
JamesC wrote:
Text us on 81111

In the know..
Posted at

Redknapp will do his usual and sign a ridiculous amount of players today.

Leaning out of his car window giving SSN's an interview! :thumbup:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:27 am

ACF Fiorentina
@ACF_Fiorentina
26-year-old @MCFC right-back Micah #Richards has landed in Florence ahead of a potential move. #ACFFiorentina

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:29 am

JamesC wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
JamesC wrote:

I think Strootman will be that Keanesque midfield General for United but due to him coming back from his knee injury I think they will end up signing him in January.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:29 am

Anyone heard anything about Juan Cala to Getafe?

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:30 am

Wayne S wrote:Anyone heard anything about Juan Cala to Getafe?

All quiet at CCS so far

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:33 am

10:32

Ronald Koeman has confirmed that Atletico Madrid defender Toby Alderweireld is on his way to Southampton and he is also hoping to sign an attacker before the transfer deadline.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:37 am

JamesC wrote:

All quiet at CCS so far

Was mentioned in the Spanish press about 10 days ago. Probably rehashing.

http://www.fichajes.com/breves/info-fic ... cala_77420

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:40 am

Wayne S wrote:
JamesC wrote:

All quiet at CCS so far

Was mentioned in the Spanish press about 10 days ago. Probably rehashing.

http://www.fichajes.com/breves/info-fic ... cala_77420

Hudson leaving seems more likely at the moment, but time will tell

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:44 am

Man Utd big accepted for Falcao, €50 mill. What I don't understand with this is how he will fit into LVG 3-5-1-1 or 3-4-2-1 system, with Rooney and RVP...there is no place?

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:46 am

Taff on the Mersey wrote:Man Utd big accepted for Falcao, €50 mill. What I don't understand with this is how he will fit into LVG 3-5-1-1 or 3-4-2-1 system, with Rooney and RVP...there is no place?

De Gea
--Evans Jones Rojo--
Rafael ----------Shaw
Herrera Blind
Mata Rooney Di Maria
v. Persie/Falcao

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:49 am

BBC wrote:Many happy returns?

Posted at 10:48
Wales defender Danny Gabbidon is closing in on a return to Cardiff City as a player-coach.
Gabbidon, who is a free agent since his contract at Crystal Palace expired, has been training with the Bluebirds during the summer.
The 35-year-old was a huge fans' favourite during his first spell at Cardiff, making more than 200 appearances between 2000 and 2005.
Gabbidon has won 49 caps for Wales, and is eager to prolong his playing career to stay in manager Chris Coleman's plans.
As the former West Ham and Queens Park Rangers centre-back is a free agent, the deal could be concluded after the transfer window shuts.