Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated ' New signing imminent '

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:28 pm

UPDATED

Cardiff City beat Arsenal and Southampton to sign Bruno Manga from French Ligue 1 outfit Lorient
Aug 31, 2014
Cardiff City manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has completed his summer spending by bringing in centre back Bruno Manga from French club Lorient.

BBCWalesSport: BREAKING: Cardiff City set to sign Lorient captain and Gabon centre-back Bruno Manga in a deal worth more than £5m.

Sunday 31st August 2014

Cardiff City manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has completed his summer spending by bringing in centre back Bruno Manga from French club L’Orient.

Cardiff City are on the brink of signing centre-half Bruno Manga from French club L’Orient.

The Gabon international has committed to joining the Bluebirds for an undisclosed fee, thought to be in excess of £5m.

Manga, 26, will be in Cardiff’s squad for their next Championship match against Norwich City at home on Saturday week.

The 6ft 1in Manga is L’Orient’s captain and has been linked with a number of clubs including Arsenal and Southampton.

He decided to sign for Cardiff, after meeting up with chairman Mehmet Dalman who went to watch him play in Monaco.

Sources close to the club say the powerhouse defender wants to play regular first team football, which Solskjaer is keen to give him, alongside Sean Morrison.

Manga, who has scored five goals in 41 appearances for Gabon, became a first team regular for L’Orient after Laurent Koscielny the club to sign for Arsenal.

Bruno Ecuele Manga to sign

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:29 pm

BBC Wales Sport ‏@BBCWalesSport 22s
BREAKING: Cardiff City set to sign Lorient captain and Gabon centre-back Bruno Manga in a deal worth more than £5m.

Fantastic signing at this level. :ayatollah:

Re: Bruno Ecuele Manga to sign

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:32 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146727

Re: New signing imminent

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:33 pm

Linked with Roma arsenal and Southampton this summer

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:35 pm

Very decent! Well happy With this signing.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:38 pm

never seen him play but we do need a proper leader :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Amazing signing at this level. If we pull it off then hold me to it. If we get promoted, we will NOT need a new CB. This is signing of real intent.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:48 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:BBC Wales Sport ‏@BBCWalesSport 22s
BREAKING: Cardiff City set to sign Lorient captain and Gabon centre-back Bruno Manga in a deal worth more than £5m.

And you know he's a fantastic signing because.....? Be truthful like everyone else you don't know who the f**k he is!!!! :lol:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:48 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Amazing signing at this level. If we pull it off then hold me to it. If we get promoted, we will NOT need a new CB. This is signing of real intent.

under the radar aswell! :lol:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:49 pm

Military Junta wrote:

And you know he's a fantastic signing because.....? Be truthful like everyone else you don't know who the f**k he is!!!! :lol:

He's rated highly and was wanted by top European clubs? He's captain of his team?

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:Amazing signing at this level. If we pull it off then hold me to it. If we get promoted, we will NOT need a new CB. This is signing of real intent.

under the radar aswell! :lol:

I guarantee someone will try and find a flaw with the signing. Has no Man United connection and hasn't worked under Ole before so it'll really be scraping the barrel :lol:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:51 pm

Has he officially signed then?

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:53 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

He's rated highly and was wanted by top European clubs? He's captain of his team?

Lol f*cking Hudson is captain but I'm still not convinced he was ever worth the money which was paid for him!!! You read too much newspapers, do you really think that if top European clubs ever wanted him then he wouldn't be where he is and he wouldn't be willing to play in the championship

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:57 pm

Can't say I've heard of him previously. Let's hope he proves to be a great signing.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:57 pm

Military Junta wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Lol f*cking Hudson is captain but I'm still not convinced he was ever worth the money which was paid for him!!! You read too much newspapers, do you really think that if top European clubs ever wanted him then he wouldn't be where he is and he wouldn't be willing to play in the championship

Arsenal and Southampton wanted him? I dont think its fair to compare him with Hudson..

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:58 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Can't say I've heard of him previously. Let's hope he proves to be a great signing.
Word is that Southampton, Everton and Newcastle were all interested, so this could be a massive signing for us :ole: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:02 pm

Someone will claim to have know all about it :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:04 pm

Ballistic Blue wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Arsenal and Southampton wanted him? I dont think its fair to compare him with Hudson..

If you follow the conversation I mentioned Hudson because PWO stated that he's a fantastic signing because he's captain of his club hence why I mentioned him so I think it's totally fair. No-one has seen him play whatsoever so until that is the time how can anyone say that he's a good signing ? Let's be honest Arsenal and Southampton is probably agent talk because no-one would choose the Championship over those at the age of 26

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:27 pm

Interesting. Know nothing about the lad except that he was the replacement in Lorient when Laurent Koscielny was sold to Arsenal a few years bak. And I love his name, and the way he looks. You don't want to f**k with big Bruno.

Here's a "report" on him I found. Take a look.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2174 ... lternative

No matter what, this is a big signing. A highly rated guy for a huge fee (for the Championship anyway) and a real message of intent. Exiting. But I guess it's not finalized yet. If so Hudson must be sold, right?

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:28 pm

Good sigining, if I'm being honest, I've never heard of him. We lack pace and forward intent not in defense...

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:30 pm

Exactly, fingers crossed he's a good signing but let's be honest and lay the cards on the table. No one has heard of him and anyone who says differently are lying

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:35 pm

Its a gamble for 5 million - Playing in a league which isint top draw

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:36 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Its a gamble for 5 million - Playing in a league which isint top draw

That's why I'm cautious about it Moo

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:02 pm

Military Junta wrote:

Lol!
He knows every player in Europe or maybe even the world!
Google is a great thing Adam!

Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:43 pm

Military Junta wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Ever the provocateur? :laughing6: Its being reported he wants first team football and OGS is keen to give him that. At arsenal he would be second choice. Some players would actually rather play football they don't want to sit on the bench on some big club. See Marshall

Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:54 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Lol!

Where do I claim to know that? I can be positive without a signing even without seeing a player properly :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:01 pm

Military Junta wrote:

:lol:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:03 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Lol!

Where do I claim to know that? I can be positive without a signing even without seeing a player properly :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

No you can't, we must be negative….

Re: Updated ' New signing imminent '

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:33 pm

Well worth the wait for a decent cb

Re: Updated ' New signing imminent '

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:35 pm

Well worth the wait for a decent cb