Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Solskjaer ready to make transfer deadline day '

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:07 pm

Cardiff City boss Ole Gunanr Solskjaer ready to make transfer deadline day move as he eyes 'spectacular' opportunity

Sunday Aug 31st 2014

The Bluebirds continue to chase another central defender before the summer window closes late on Monday, with the Cardiff boss still hoping to strike a deal

Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insisted he will be ready to make his deadline day move if a "spectacular" opportunity arises in the final hours of the transfer window.

The Bluebirds continue to chase another central defender before the summer window closes late on Monday, with the Cardiff boss still hoping to put the final piece of his summer jigsaw in place.

City have already signed a raft of players since being relegated from the Premier League - Sean Morrrison and Anthony Pilkington, who both started against Fulham, the latest acquisitions.

And Solskjaer is certainly not ruling out one more new face.

"I am happy with the squad and if Tuesday comes and we haven't added another player that will be fine," he said.

"But if something comes up that's spectacular and we have to move fast then we will be ready. We will see what the situation is on Tuesday morning."

Re: ' Solskjaer ready to make transfer deadline day '

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City boss Ole Gunanr Solskjaer ready to make transfer deadline day move as he eyes 'spectacular' opportunity

Sunday Aug 31st 2014

The Bluebirds continue to chase another central defender before the summer window closes late on Monday, with the Cardiff boss still hoping to strike a deal

Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insisted he will be ready to make his deadline day move if a "spectacular" opportunity arises in the final hours of the transfer window.

The Bluebirds continue to chase another central defender before the summer window closes late on Monday, with the Cardiff boss still hoping to put the final piece of his summer jigsaw in place.

City have already signed a raft of players since being relegated from the Premier League - Sean Morrrison and Anthony Pilkington, who both started against Fulham, the latest acquisitions.

And Solskjaer is certainly not ruling out one more new face.

"I am happy with the squad and if Tuesday comes and we haven't added another player that will be fine," he said.

"But if something comes up that's spectacular and we have to move fast then we will be ready. We will see what the situation is on Tuesday morning."

What's your gut feeling Annis? Personally, I think we won't sign or lose anyone. :ole:

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:25 pm

We don't need more players, we just need a settled team and a system of play.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:26 pm

...and a manager who'll make his mind up

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:30 pm

Got told today by club chairman Danny gabbidon signed lasted week he said he signed it off him self

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:32 pm

mattc752 wrote:Got told today by club chairman Danny gabbidon signed lasted week he said he signed it off him self

I know DG is currently training with us, maybe he;s signed a short term contract (trial) otherwise it would have been announced surely :?

Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:13 am

Screaming out for dynamism in central midfield. Spectacular would be nice, but I'd take anyone who can win the ball, put their foot on it if need be, but ultimately find a team mate with a pass. Then move and offer themselves to receive it again.

Not too much to ask is it?

Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:32 am

Carpe Diem wrote:Screaming out for dynamism in central midfield. Spectacular would be nice, but I'd take anyone who can win the ball, put their foot on it if need be, but ultimately find a team mate with a pass. Then move and offer themselves to receive it again.

This. Someone spectacular in midfield is what our team needs!

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:30 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Screaming out for dynamism in central midfield. Spectacular would be nice, but I'd take anyone who can win the ball, put their foot on it if need be, but ultimately find a team mate with a pass. Then move and offer themselves to receive it again.

RAVEL MORRISON

Simples

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:06 am

BlueMagic wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

RAVEL MORRISON

Simples

West ham fans raved about him yesterday when he came on..

Would be quality but I doubt we'd even look at him.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:16 pm

Definitely this ^^^^

I've been saying for a while that we do not pass and move in midfield. The player with the ball seems to have very few targets to pass to as we are too static. Because there isn't enough movement the opposition can see where our next pass is likely to go and can pick it off or close down our receiving player who is immediately under pressure, meaning we cough up possession yet again. We have to learn how to keep hold of the ball.

I think Ole needs to try five in midfield. Many of our midfielders are not effective in a central midfield of only two players so we need to try three to try and keep possession and build up attacks. The only problem then is what do we do with all our strikers? :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Knowing our fans....they probably heard our Chairman saying that our new Centre Back is from Gabon.

ITK.....Gabbidon has signed. ;)

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:41 pm

Hoochie Coochie Blues wrote:Knowing our fans....they probably heard our Chairman saying that our new Centre Back is from Gabon.

Hope not! :roll:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Hoochie Coochie Blues wrote:Knowing our fans....they probably heard our Chairman saying that our new Centre Back is from Gabon.

Hope not! :roll:

I take Bruno over Danny G any day of the week. :thumbup:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:52 pm

Gabon international and Lorient captain Bruno Ecuele-Manga 25 year old centre back has signed for Cardiff City, Arsenal and Everton. Southampton were interested in him in this transfer window.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146727 :ayatollah: