Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: VERY POOR,INFACT DIRE AT TIMES & DONT BLAME REFS/BUT

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:What i dont get is he says if player impresses hes in with chance next game? But hes obviously not doing that as players are being dropped when look really good garerra lookd impressive other nite but no look in yesterday! need continuity but will never get it so it seems. dont think can rotate players even if ole has system of playing and every player knows how to play it. Still need games together to be comfortable as a unit.

Totally agree with you there Allan, Ole is saying the right things, but not actually doing what he says.

I see logic the squad play same system thru out so should fit in seemlessly when brought in to 1st team, but thats to simplistic
especially in championship! to many good sides to use it. Will say if you take look at teams we played so far they are doing ok so bit perspective is needed, well until end of oct.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:12 am

Let's face it, we gave a team at the bottom of the table their first point of the season and in fact, they will feel they deserved 3 points!

Based on that performance, promotion will be more than a season away.

However, Ole should have our backing as this could be teething problems with the new squad. If he can't do anything with this team, then it will be time to ask some serious questions (if Tan hasn't already done so).

C'mon Bluebirds! :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:34 am

Woodville Willie wrote:Let's face it, we gave a team at the bottom of the table their first point of the season and in fact, they will feel they deserved 3 points!

However, Ole should have our backing as this could be teething problems with the new squad. If he can't do anything with this team, then it will be time to ask some serious questions (if Tan hasn't already done so).

look at it another way? fulham were due a win logic dictates to good to keep loosing, and we are still settling in a basically new team so will have to wait until well into oct to see where we stand, hopefully ole will see that rotation doesnt work in champ and will start to play our best 11 every league game :old:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:39 am

pembroke allan wrote:What i dont get is he says if player impresses hes in with chance next game? But hes obviously not doing that as players are being dropped when look really good garerra lookd impressive other nite but no look in yesterday! need continuity but will never get it so it seems. dont think can rotate players even if ole has system of playing and every player knows how to play it. Still need games together to be comfortable as a unit.

Ralls, Macheda and Dikgacoi impressed in the cup match. They were all on the pitch yesterday.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:46 am

Dve wrote:

Ralls, Macheda and Dikgacoi impressed in the cup match. They were all on the pitch yesterday.

ahhh stand corrected but are they our best at their position we have?? :roll:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:Let's face it, we gave a team at the bottom of the table their first point of the season and in fact, they will feel they deserved 3 points!

look at it another way? fulham were due a win logic dictates to good to keep loosing, and we are still settling in a basically new team so will have to wait until well into oct to see where we stand, hopefully ole will see that rotation doesnt work in champ and will start to play our best 11 every league game :old:

The Fulham situation is a fair comment. They are a good side and were bound to get better.

However, Ole should know what is required in the Championship. If he has done his homework, it is the toughest league to get results in and you need your very best players every game if possible. It worries me that he doesn't seem to see the big picture. He is micro-managing when he should have a long-term strategy and a clear idea of his strongest players. That's where he needs to get a move on IMO.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

I don't think he will.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:42 pm

We'll be better when nooney comes back :-)

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:14 pm

Won't blame the ref as most of the controversial decisions were made by the lino on the left of the pitch.

Defo hand ball for us 2nd half, don't know why he gave a free kick to "David" as was an obvious dive, and how the feck he did not see the ball was in/out of play was astonishing.

On a team change, I would like to see Macheda start and Le Fondre on the bench. I would also drop Whitts as he tends to slow the ball down and does not allow us to attack quickly enough'

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" VERY POOR/INFACT DIRE AT TIMES & DONT BLAME REFS/BUT A POINT AWAY FROM HOME IS MORE THAN ACCEPTABLE "

My View

Fulham 1 Cardiff City 1

Nearly 3,000 Cardiff fans travelled up to London today and fully backed the City for the 90 plus minutes :thumbright: :bluescarf:

I personally thought the first half was dire and even Kenwyne Jones and Le Fondre went missing and we fully deserved to go in at the interval one nil down, we never even had a shot on target, that's all I've really got to say about it,it was that bad :shock:
The goal that Fulham scored, Marshall was at the time looking to the linesman for offside instead of concentrating on the game that was still in play, I felt Marshall could actually take some blame for their goal.

The second half we came out a lot hungrier and with more desire to want to try and get something out of it. I thought Matt Daelis pass through to Kenwyne a Jones was spot on and Jones finish was quality :thumbright: :ayatollah:

But to me that was the only real time Cardiff came alive. As the game wore on Fulham took control again and looked more likely to get the winner, saying that in extra time Sean Morrison put a header over the bar.

Today we played a Fulham side who have been awful in their first few games and I felt they will feel hard done by.
Over all I was very disappointed in our play today,but as some will say a draw away from home is a good point.

Yes the ref gave a few decisions to Fulham that he prob should not have,but by the end of the game,I thought he also gave us a few,please don't blame Refs like a lot of our fans do when we are poor.

Fulhams first point in 5 games

League table
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145418#p1542769 :ayatollah:

The game does not seem to flow with City players at the moment and Ole needs to sort this ASAP :thumbright:

Man of the match,most of the team were very poor today, I will give it to John Brayford :thumbright:

Fulham:Bettinelli, Hoogland, Stafylidis, Bodurov, Parker (Eisfeld, 82), Voser, Woodrow, (Chihi, 59) Hyndman, David (Dembélé, 75), Burn, McCormack. Subs not used:Király, Hutchinson, Roberts, Williams.

Cardiff City:Marshall, Brayford, Fábio, Connolly, Morrison, Whittingham, Dikgacoi (Ralls, 59), Pilkington, Dæhli (Eikrem, 82), Le Fondre (Macheda, 70), Jones. Subs not used: Moore, Cala, Adeyemi, Guerra.

Attendance:17,508

Policing and stewarding and sniffer dogs were well over the top today,last season they were hardly to be seen.

International break now, then it's Norwich home,we will need to improve a hell of a lot to get 3pts from them.

Still early days,hopefully Ole will get his team together and start to play like the team they should be, Ole has the best squad in the Championship :ole:

I agree Annis with you're comments we chatted on the way back to the coach poor game poor performance all the fans were saying the same thing has us .what we don't want is to be playing catch up we don't want teams pulling away from us even at this stage of the season we need to start to put a run of wins together

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:05 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Cant remember when we last invested in a good midfield. Midfield definitely needed strengthening over the years

Good shout our midfield players never seems to want to take on the opposition midfield its always sideways backwards blah blah