Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VERY POOR,INFACT DIRE AT TIMES & DONT BLAME REFS/BUT

Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:51 pm

" VERY POOR/INFACT DIRE AT TIMES & DONT BLAME REFS/BUT A POINT AWAY FROM HOME IS MORE THAN ACCEPTABLE "

My View

Fulham 1 Cardiff City 1

Nearly 3,000 Cardiff fans travelled up to London today and fully backed the City for the 90 plus minutes :thumbright: :bluescarf:

I personally thought the first half was dire and even Kenwyne Jones and Le Fondre went missing and we fully deserved to go in at the interval one nil down, we never even had a shot on target, that's all I've really got to say about it,it was that bad :shock:
The goal that Fulham scored, Marshall was at the time looking to the linesman for offside instead of concentrating on the game that was still in play, I felt Marshall could actually take some blame for their goal.

The second half we came out a lot hungrier and with more desire to want to try and get something out of it. I thought Matt Daelis pass through to Kenwyne a Jones was spot on and Jones finish was quality :thumbright: :ayatollah:

But to me that was the only real time Cardiff came alive. As the game wore on Fulham took control again and looked more likely to get the winner, saying that in extra time Sean Morrison put a header over the bar.

Today we played a Fulham side who have been awful in their first few games and I felt they will feel hard done by.
Over all I was very disappointed in our play today,but as some will say a draw away from home is a good point.

Yes the ref gave a few decisions to Fulham that he prob should not have,but by the end of the game,I thought he also gave us a few,please don't blame Refs like a lot of our fans do when we are poor.

Fulhams first point in 5 games

League table
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145418#p1542769 :ayatollah:

The game does not seem to flow with City players at the moment and Ole needs to sort this ASAP :thumbright:

Man of the match,most of the team were very poor today, I will give it to John Brayford :thumbright:

Fulham:Bettinelli, Hoogland, Stafylidis, Bodurov, Parker (Eisfeld, 82), Voser, Woodrow, (Chihi, 59) Hyndman, David (Dembélé, 75), Burn, McCormack. Subs not used:Király, Hutchinson, Roberts, Williams.

Cardiff City:Marshall, Brayford, Fábio, Connolly, Morrison, Whittingham, Dikgacoi (Ralls, 59), Pilkington, Dæhli (Eikrem, 82), Le Fondre (Macheda, 70), Jones. Subs not used: Moore, Cala, Adeyemi, Guerra.

Attendance:17,508

Policing and stewarding and sniffer dogs were well over the top today,last season they were hardly to be seen.

International break now, then it's Norwich home,we will need to improve a hell of a lot to get 3pts from them.

Still early days,hopefully Ole will get his team together and start to play like the team they should be, Ole has the best squad in the Championship :ole:

Re: VERY POOR,INFACT DIRE AT TIMES & DONT BLAME REFS/BUT

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:01 pm

The best squad in the championship is the squad that's top of the table surely :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:02 pm

In retrospect, 1-1 was a very good result, regardless of performance.

Our opening games on our fixture list couldn't be much harder. This is a decent start.

We have plenty of time to find our feet as a team. So many new players in. It will take time to gel. October will be the time to judge.

I cannot believe there are people on this board who think Fulham will go down.

And I would rather be in our position than Fulham's

Seems to be a pattern developing.

Need 3 points next game to keep us up there.

Best players yet we aer not producing the goods - yet

Your comments are always aimed at setting ole up for a fall :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:03 pm

Good to see you are not calling for OGS to be sacked, unlike some others on this forum. Guess you've been watching plenty long enough to know that promotions and relegations are not decided 5 games into the season.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:05 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:The best squad in the championship is the squad that's top of the table surely :bluescarf: :ole:

Come May and we can tell ;)

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:05 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:The best squad in the championship is the squad that's top of the table surely :bluescarf: :ole:

At the end of the season. :thumbup:

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:08 pm

They had 2 corners in quick succession, but the first corner should have been a goal kick!

The team that has the best squad in theory, should be top at the end of the season and not necessarily in August!

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:16 pm

i sat and watched a live streaming of the game sober and was bored stiff yet again by our football ..... we cant even do the simple things like passing the ball ... ive honestly had a titful of it now

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:29 pm

We have no continuity running through the team!
What other team changes their centre half, strikers and Captain! Every game!
My blood boil.. At this rate Ole will be gone by Christmas

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:31 pm

AHERNE wrote:i sat and watched a live streaming of the game sober and was bored stiff yet again by our football ..... we cant even do the simple things like passing the ball ... ive honestly had a titful of it now

Count yourself lucky you were not there then.

All I can say after that is there is something seriously wrong. You can't beat the quality in our squad....you can't find it either.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:44 pm

No that's just the team with the most points

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:58 pm

Cant remember when we last invested in a good midfield. Midfield definitely needed strengthening over the years

Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:03 pm

Steve, surely you can see our squad is quality and by far the best squad,it's then down to our manager to man management them on the pitch, do you not agree ?

Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:13 pm

Think your confusing largest with best
We might have one of the slowest squads though
We lack pace all over the park
We are definatly missing a leader in the middle
How many of our squad will be inthe championship team of the year at the end of the season :bluescarf: :ole:
So please dont ask me to put your oppinion as mine as I dont agree with you on these points

Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:24 pm

markeMark wrote:

At the end of the season. :thumbup:

I was going to say the same :thumbup:

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:42 pm

I personally think that we have too much quality that ole sees us boss the games and picks too many ball players. I reckon dg and our new signing from brum with whit's or daehli and a winger with Guerra and Kenwyne up top. Reason for Guerra not Macheda is he drops to link play up and doesn't just play totally up top. Thought Ralls was more impressive than whit's today. Another 2 weeks until next game could be a blessing give ole more time to work with the players. Onward and upwards. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Dicey wrote:We have no continuity running through the team!

Just as an Apropo, Fulham made five changes before this game.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:53 pm

carl dale number 1 fan wrote:I personally think that we have too much quality that ole sees us boss the games and picks too many ball players. I reckon dg and our new signing from brum with whit's or daehli and a winger with Guerra and Kenwyne up top. Reason for Guerra not Macheda is he drops to link play up and doesn't just play totally up top. Thought Ralls was more impressive than whit's today. Another 2 weeks until next game could be a blessing give ole more time to work with the players. Onward and upwards. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

How different people can see players. The way I remember it, Ralls gave away the ball more the 30 minutes he played, than Whitts did the whole match. Jones was really bad today, IMO (especially the first half), and without the one kick on the ball that lead to a goal, he would have been slaughtered. I would actually like to give the Macheda/Guerra partnership a shot.
Last edited by Dve on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Dve wrote:

Thats because they was getting thumped every week before the championship and was getting beat in every game up untill today so i get the changes all the time them but ole changes sides after every win :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:54 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:The best squad in the championship is the squad that's top of the table surely.

The best squad in the Championship is the one that still earns points when suspensions and injuries kick in.

Too early yet.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:00 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Dve wrote:

Thats because they was getting thumped every week before the championship and was getting beat in every game up untill today so i get the changes all the time them but ole changes sides after every win :bluescarf:

I don´t think I´ll bother to go through the whole discussion again, but as for our defense, Morrison was not here at the beginning of the season. Besides from him getting into the team, I think the only major change in our defense, was in the away match against the Wolves. Although there are changes made every game, you will see (more or less) the same team out there enough times for the necessary relations between the players to be build. In 10 out of 15 games (maybe even more), I think you´ll see Brayford, Morrison, Connolly and Fabio playing together. That´s enough to build relations.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:38 pm

We look very ordinary and mid table this season :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:22 am

Otto wrote:In retrospect, 1-1 was a very good result, regardless of performance.

Our opening games on our fixture list couldn't be much harder. This is a decent start.

We have plenty of time to find our feet as a team. So many new players in. It will take time to gel. October will be the time to judge.

As you say, the points we have gained so far, show a fairly decent start, thats not the worry, its how were playing that worries me and so many others, hopefully, Ole sorts it out :thumbright:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Otto wrote:In retrospect, 1-1 was a very good result, regardless of performance.

As you say, the points we have gained so far, show a fairly decent start, thats not the worry, its how were playing that worries me and so many others, hopefully, Ole sorts it out :thumbright:

Rightly so Annis you should be worried and so should everyone else.

I've said this many times and I will say it again but I saw nothing is Oles management last season to assure me he is the right guy. I was told by a few to give hime time, let him bring his own players in and all that. Well that is exactly what I have done and at this moment in time I stand by my what I have said.

Yesterdays game was dreadful. That first half reminded me of the days when Dave Jones went through one of his many bad spells. At least Jones somehow produced some good performances, I'm still waiting on one from an Ole selection. Ole said during his aftermath interview "That was not our best performance that first half". No shit sherlock I thought.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:42 am

We had no leader on pitch yesterday. Marshall was captain but rarely does a keeper being captain work (dino zoff being exception). Ole said adeyemi was a leader. Why not pick him then? It baffles me. Ole seems like a lovely bloke but I just don't think he's the right man. He does need time though.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:52 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:We had no leader on pitch yesterday. Marshall was captain but rarely does a keeper being captain work (dino zoff being exception). Ole said adeyemi was a leader. Why not pick him then? It baffles me. Ole seems like a lovely bloke but I just don't think he's the right man. He does need time though.

Wilts, City are missing a leader and Solskjaer needs to sort that out and some of the passing was poor yesterday.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:52 am

What i dont get is he says if player impresses hes in with chance next game? But hes obviously not doing that as players are being dropped when look really good garerra lookd impressive other nite but no look in yesterday! need continuity but will never get it so it seems. dont think can rotate players even if ole has system of playing and every player knows how to play it. Still need games together to be comfortable as a unit.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:58 am

pembroke allan wrote:What i dont get is he says if player impresses hes in with chance next game? But hes obviously not doing that as players are being dropped when look really good garerra lookd impressive other nite but no look in yesterday! need continuity but will never get it so it seems. dont think can rotate players even if ole has system of playing and every player knows how to play it. Still need games together to be comfortable as a unit.

Totally agree with you there Allan, Ole is saying the right things, but not actually doing what he says.