Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SURELY THIS CANT BE TRUE ? ? ? "

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Newcastle United will offer £4m for FC Copenhagen Danish international striker Andreas Cornelius(exCardiff City)after some impressive performances lately.

We could of played him here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146375

Re: " SURELY THIS CANT BE TRUE ? ? ? "

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:57 pm

It may look impressive, but it is based on performances up against opponents from the danish league. Crappy league

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:59 pm

half what we paid and I bet he wont be on near 45k a week.

He wasn't any good for us but he was the wrong player at the wrong club at the wrong time. We needed someone with experience to score the goals to keep us up. This kid needs to develop, maybe on the fringes of a squad like Newcastle to learn and develop his game. I still think 4m is to much but its not a huge gamble for Newcastle who are a settled premiership club.

When Malky said he had bought him for the future I felt he was more than insulting the intelligence of our club and fans.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:01 pm

There's a massive misconception of Andreas Cornelius. The lad was unfortuanete to get injured not once but twice when he signed for Cardiff during pre season. It was always going to be difficult for him to make a recovery from those two injury's within that season imo.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:34 pm

I knew he would turn up again there are not many good strikers about :ole:

That said he was poor for us but with a bit of age he might do well

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:05 pm

He's crap

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:23 pm

We'll see.......

Football establishment circling the wagons....

So Cornelius is the issue.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:23 pm

He has massive potential no one can judge his whole career because of one bad spell at Cardiff.
Imagine the pressure on his shoulders and also his fitness and confidence we're not in a good place

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:31 pm

Personally I think that's quite a bit over the odds for a striker who is unproven at the highest level. If they get him at this price, you really have to wonder how and why we paid double this amount.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Newcastle United will offer £4m for FC Copenhagen Danish international striker Andreas Cornelius(exCardiff City)after some impressive performances lately.

I heard at that Malky found out about him on his visit to Moyes and Everton, Moyes did not pursue as he was off to Manu ???

Anyway the rest is history ..........

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:13 pm

It was unfortunate that he got injured early on which must have had an adverse effect but to be honest, I was always less than impressed. I followed his recovery progress with the DVP and can actually say that I seen him score. But I was expecting so much more from Acorn. He wasn't that impressive in his DVP appearances and looked clearly overweight, especially for an 8mill pro footballer. I also heard that he was in that little social club on the main road through Sully most nights which would explain the extra timber.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:24 pm

Good news. I hope its true and he is a big success at Newcastle. I said from the start that he would be a decent player. Too many clubs had shown an interest just to write him off.
He was not fit, then got injured then had few opportunites to impress. He then became the piggy in the middle of the MM v VT arguements. It is not his fault that MM paid over the odds in his price and definitely in his salary. Iremember that Martin Jol was interested in him at Fulham but would not match the City offer. He was quted as saying that City were paying over the odds at the time which is quite an unusual thing for one premiership manager to say about another clubs purchase. Events since then make you wonder!!
When we later sold him I commented that we were compounding the initial mistake by taking a big loss on a player with potential... Hopefully there was some sell on clause but I doubt it!
As I posted when he left us.... I wish him all the best.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:58 am

Guys....have a bit of perspective. Our judgement of him is exactly what is wrong with the instant success, sky sports, modern football of today. The lad was young, signed for a lot of money, a new league, in a new country, was injured and in a side that didn't attack!
Years gone by we would have got behind a player like that. I don't necessarily think he was what we needed as a club but he wasn't given a chance and seems like he was used as a bit of a pain in the Malky/Tan game.
Remember he was Denmark's player and young player of the year. He also played something stupid like 100 minutes across 7 games for us....not a period of time you can judge a young player at a new club.
Good luck to him....I think he will turn out to make us look very stupid!

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:20 am

Tuesday 26th August 2014

Newcastle United could be lining up a surprise move for former Cardiff City misfit Andreas Cornelius, amid reports from Wales Online suggesting chief scout Graham Carr recently paid a visit to Copenhagen to see the 21-year-old in action.

The 6 ft 4 in target man was signed by the Bluebirds for a club record £8 million last summer, after scoring 18 goals in 34 league games during his first stint at Danish club FC Copenhagen.

But Cornelius struggled to adapt to life at the Cardiff City Stadium, featuring just eight times for the club without scoring a goal, before being sent back to Denmark where he re-signed for Copenhagen as part of a deal that saw his previous Premier League employers incur a loss.

Since returning to Scandinavia, however, the 21-year-old has rediscovered his scoring touch with eight goals in 17 domestic appearances for the Lions.

And that form could be enough to convince the Magpies to move for the forward, with Newcastle keen to end the current mini-crisis they are enduring in front of goal.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:42 am

I think a lot of you are totally missing the point about him, last summer we needed a striker who could get us 15 goals in the premiership, (that would have kept us up) an experienced striker who could hit the ground running, instead we paid £8 million and £45,000 a week for a twenty year old who malky kept saying was one for the future, well we didn't have that luxury of waiting for someone to come good, that transfer to me was malky's down fall.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:Newcastle United will offer £4m for FC Copenhagen Danish international striker Andreas Cornelius(exCardiff City)after some impressive performances lately.

How much commission will Malky get from the deal? :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:15 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:

You mean Moody :lol:

Danny, I am trying to find out if City have any sell on clauses? :thumbright:

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:

No I meant Malky, both Malky and Moody's agent were one in the same. Bought players in we didnt need or want to cream the cash. We may have even stayed up if it wasnt for this I mean anyone could have gotten us promoted tfrom championship with that squad.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:28 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:

No I meant Malky, both Malky and Moody's agent were one in the same. Bought players in we didnt need or want to cream the cash. We may have even stayed up if it wasnt for this I mean anyone could have gotten us promoted tfrom championship with that squad.

Danny, so Ole should run away with this years Championship as he has the best quad by far in this division and in my opinion better than when Malky got us promoted :thumbright:

As to Fraud, I personally have seen NO evidence of Fraud by Malky or heard of any, have you ?

If so please share the evidence with us ?

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:33 am

I am sure the evidence is with the right people, hence the high court warrants

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:57 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:I am sure the evidence is with the right people, hence the high court warrants

Danny, But you've got no evidence or facts ?

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:28 am

Ill use a quote from you annis that you have said many times

"I have faith in Malky" but I will add "I have faith in Malky.. BEING A TOTAL CROOK"

The truth will rise.. you will see..

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:28 am

Cornelius is now probably worth the £4m ish being talked about. He's had another year to mature (a long time at that age) and has been scoring goals, albeit in an inferior league to the PL.

Newcastle are a big club with an established PL squad. Corny will fit in well IMO and can hone his skills in relative safety. He may not feature in PL games except as a bencher but could be given game time during cup fixtures.

I wish him well. It wasn't his fault that the hype surrounded his move to us and with hindsight, maybe there were other unseen factors. His injuries were another issue.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:12 am

Annis why are you seemingly still backing /supporting Malky especially now he has owned up to sending racist texts
IMO this negates any good Malky did for us
And I to are quite believing that Malky/ moody were upto no good financially
We must how ever wait for the correct authorities to do thier jobs
Until then a fail to see how anyone can give Malky thier support etc :bluescarf: :ole:

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 am

Corn could have turned out to be a good player for us. Ole would probably gotten the best out of him BUT we all got to ask ourselfes one thing if he becomes a success for Newcastle:

COULD WE AFFORDED to let him develope for 45k a week for a few seasons? The kid was nowhere near the first team and on a 2mill a year contract.

NO matter how good Corn becomes the next seasons i believe we did the right thing selling because you cant develope players in the Championship for 45k a week.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Newcastle are being linked with FC Copenhagen striker Andreas Cornelius as Alan Pardew looks to bring in another frontman.

Pardew eyes Danish striker Newcastle United, Latest news update: 14 minutes ago Views: 66 Newcastle are being linked with FC Copenhagen striker Andreas Cornelius as Alan Pardew looks to bring in another frontman. Pardew has been busy throughout the summer but there could be room for at least one more new arrival before the transfer window closes on Monday. A new striker is on his wanted list and reports claim he could target Cornelius, who failed to impress in the Premier League with Cardiff last season. The Bluebirds splashed out £8million to sign him from Copenhagen but he struggled in England and return to the Danish club for a cut-price fee. Cornelius is back among the goals and Pardew is said to be showing an interest despite the fact he struggled in the Premier League last time out.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Wonder if there's a sell on clause :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:18 pm

Apart from the financial side of things, I was sorry to see him go. I saw something in him that needs to be developed and as mentioned earlier in the thread, he was never really 100% fit.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:53 pm

when he did play,he looked totally out of his depth,there was something really dodgey signing him,did u notice he was always injured,i heard there was nothing wrong with him,malkey didn't want him 2 play him because he knew he was crap and everyone would realise he was shit,i belief there was a bung involved in malkey signing him.we will just have 2 wait and see,the txts r just the tip of rhe iceburg

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:44 am

Well I I say good luck to the lad :thumbright: