Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A question to those who want Ole out?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:46 pm

How did you cope when we were pinging around the third and fourth divisions? Or are my suspicions correct, most of you supported United or Liverpool before 2008 and now expect a win every single week. The knee jerk reaction what is one loss is quite pathetic.

I am not Oles biggest fan, I don't think he's a particularly good manager but lets give him a chance before we call for his head. We had a good draw up in Blackburn, convincing wins against Wigan and Huddersfield and lost today AWAY against a side that has beaten both Fulham and Norwich prior to now. Hardly relegation form.

Give the guy a break, you ain't proper Cardiff fans in my mind.

Re: A question to those who want Ole out?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:49 pm

Spot on , don't think half these fans ever saw the 3rd and 4th divisions

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:52 pm

At last, someone who admits he ain't a big fan of Ole but willing to cut him some slack.

Fans expect us because of the players we have to win every game. They also think playing the best team guarantees a win. In modern day football it becomes way too complicated. With scouting on the opposition at it's most highest, you know more about the opposition and what they do. When we win fans are simply won over(but they'll STILL pick at the smallest things) when we lose he immediately becomes clueless once again.

Sometimes you just lose on a bad day at the office. This is one of the hardest months we'll have had(on paper before the season) with two teams in Wigan and Blackburn who were challenging for the play-offs or in them. Huddersfield before their result vs Bournemouth finished a respectable place the season before and today's result was against a team who lost twice at home last season. One game doesn't determine a season or a manager.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:53 pm

d20 wrote:Spot on , don't think half these fans ever saw the 3rd and 4th divisions

It's so cringeworthy, give the fella until at least the start of December. Why people want to give a manager the entire transfer window to assemble his squad and then sack him just as it closes is beyond me. The next manager to come in will be stuck with a team that isn't what he may have wanted and powerless to change it.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:53 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:How did you cope when we were pinging around the third and fourth divisions? Or are my suspicions correct, most of you supported United or Liverpool before 2008 and now expect a win every single week. The knee jerk reaction what is one loss is quite pathetic.

I am not Oles biggest fan, I don't think he's a particularly good manager but lets give him a chance before we call for his head. We had a good draw up in Blackburn, convincing wins against Wigan and Huddersfield and lost today AWAY against a side that has beaten both Fulham and Norwich prior to now. Hardly relegation form.

Absolutely agree, granted today was a poor performance but we very nearly had an undeserved smash and grab, the reaction of some is shocking and like you I am not Ole's greatest admirer but we are doing ok but got plenty to do.

Let's give him the time at least.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Ignore them mate, Ive got to be honest Im not entirely convinced but Im willing to give him a chance and will 100% support him.

:ole: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:How did you cope when we were pinging around the third and fourth divisions? Or are my suspicions correct, most of you supported United or Liverpool before 2008 and now expect a win every single week. The knee jerk reaction what is one loss is quite pathetic.

I 100% don't think Ole is good enough, in fact based on what I've seen of him in the last 8 months I think he's one of the most tactically inept managers I've ever seen at any professional level, BUT at games I will never ever get on his back or boo him, just like I never would a player, and I hate it when people do.

A message board is different because, whether they're right or wrong, it's a public forum meant for opinions on Cardiff, including whether or not Ole is the right man for the job, and it's clear that the fan base is split on the issue at the moment.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:12 pm

If you think Ole is inept managers I take it you never watched us when we was under MM, he will never be topped.

I remember 2nd or 3rd game we lost 4-2 to Bristol our rivals in a horrendous display.. worst I seen or up there.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Ole is a great manager.

We will be promoted.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:20 am

DandoCCFC wrote:If you think Ole is inept managers I take it you never watched us when we was under MM, he will never be topped.

I remember 2nd or 3rd game we lost 4-2 to Bristol our rivals in a horrendous display.. worst I seen or up there.

You obviously haven't seen much of Cardiff then. :lol:

Although it does make me laugh. When you say that he will never be topped as an inept manager.. When you have said this in the past...

DandoCCFC wrote:What he has done since he came here is remarkable and just amazing.

I can see the potential with him.. and will not change my opinion as he is a great manager and could easily go onto bigger things hence the clubs he has been linked with.

Even after the "worst display you have ever seen". :laughing6: :laughing6:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=113033&p=1134298&hilit=Malky+great+manager#p1134298

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:35 am

I also think Ole is tactically inept and tinkers too much (particularly the defence) and will be caught out by experienced managers (like Jackett). But I hope I am wrong, and he is succesful in getting us promoted. I will not abuse him and he will get my support while the team are on the pitch.

He needs to find his best team and stick to it more -resting players is ok but not constantly tinkering.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:46 am

I don't want him out but I've got my doubts about him. I think he should be given until 10 games in until we can really make our minds up, IMO if we're not in the play offs by Christmas I think we should be looking elsewhere, especially with the squad we have

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:50 am

can't agree more with this!

i think he could be a great manager, could be dogshit though, we'll have to see wont we?

one thing i will say, certainly doesnt hurt to have a manager like this in the transfer market

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:58 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:If you think Ole is inept managers I take it you never watched us when we was under MM, he will never be topped.

Although it does make me laugh. When you say that he will never be topped as an inept manager.. When you have said this in the past...

DandoCCFC wrote:What he has done since he came here is remarkable and just amazing.

I can see the potential with him.. and will not change my opinion as he is a great manager and could easily go onto bigger things hence the clubs he has been linked with.

Burnt :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:00 am

I love it when panel beaters and office lads call a professional coach with all his coaching qualifications tactically inept......

Just because you don't understand whats happening its inept :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:04 am

CantonJack wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Burnt :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Chuckles, what a great reply & shows up the idiotic & fickle views of some on here!!

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:11 am

I hope ole does well for us I'm a big fan of him :ole: we lost one game by a fluke home goal in the 91th minute ffs get behind Ole :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:11 am

That pretty much sums up my view on OGS.
I don't think he's the right man for the job. He's done nothing to convince me so far but I definite think he should be given more time. He deserves it.
The difference is 'when we were pinging around the third & fourth divisions' is that there are so many more expectations around the club now.
From what I read on here I don't think there's that many who want him out now but most seem to feel he's just not that good.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:30 pm

nut19740 wrote:I hope ole does well for us I'm a big fan of him :ole: we lost one game by a fluke home goal in the 91th minute ffs get behind Ole :ayatollah:

Sure it wasn't the 90nd minute? Or the 92st? ;)

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

I posted that in May 2013.

I weren't going to think back then that he was going to milk this dry of 90 million and ruin our club financially like he has. The potential he had is still there slightly, but great manager and go on to bigger things he will not.

He is a Mark Hughes, with low budget can do the job and go on to do better than what he could do with the budget, give him a large budget and he will blow it. Difference is Malky has ruined us financially and pocketed off our signings for himself.

So even after the worst display you have ever seen bit, that was 9 months after so invalid.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:24 am

DandoCCFC wrote:I posted that in May 2013.

I weren't going to think back then that he was going to milk this dry of 90 million and ruin our club financially like he has. The potential he had is still there slightly, but great manager and go on to bigger things he will not.

He is a Mark Hughes, with low budget can do the job and go on to do better than what he could do with the budget, give him a large budget and he will blow it. Difference is Malky has ruined us financially and pocketed off our signings for himself.

So even after the worst display you have ever seen bit, that was 9 months after so invalid.

I'm well aware of when it was posted, but how come you weren't saying how inept his performances were then? Seeing as the one you're banging on about had already happened then. :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Not invalid at all, makes you look extremely fickle. :lol:

Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:29 pm

I will give Ole time, I think he has done well in the transfer market.

Im a little dissapointed with how defensive we are but maybe a more fluant attacks will come in time. The changes away to Wolves concerned me, personally I thought they were more than mind boggling.

I discount last season and judge him on this season so will see how it goes, he certainly has my support. He seems genuine when he talks which I like unlike Malky who just seemed media trained.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I will give Ole time, I think he has done well in the transfer market.

Im a little dissapointed with how defensive we are but maybe a more fluant attacks will come in time. The changes away to Wolves concerned me, personally I thought they were more than mind boggling.

I discount last season and judge him on this season so will see how it goes, he certainly has my support. He seems genuine when he talks which I like unlike Malky who just seemed media trained.

Yeah I think he needs time & hopefully we'll start keeping the ball & playing a more fluid game like he's obviously looking to do.
I don't discount last season though. I know they weren't his players but neither did Pullis have his own players. I thought he was awful. Looked like a frightened rabbit & should have done much better.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:16 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I posted that in May 2013.

I'm well aware of when it was posted, but how come you weren't saying how inept his performances were then? Seeing as the one you're banging on about had already happened then. :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Not invalid at all, makes you look extremely fickle. :lol:

Not at all because that was made before his final season where he had the big chance to show his potential and he blew it, inept wasn't the word tbh, clueless formations and selection.. he actually thought we could pull off 1 striker up top :lol: Only the best clubs in the world can do it because they have the players behind to pull it off. Like Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern, Real Madrid.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:53 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Not at all because that was made before his final season where he had the big chance to show his potential and he blew it, inept wasn't the word tbh, clueless formations and selection.. he actually thought we could pull off 1 striker up top :lol: Only the best clubs in the world can do it because they have the players behind to pull it off. Like Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern, Real Madrid.

Absolutely it does. Why weren't you saying any of this at the time? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: