Re: DIFFICULT TO FIND MUCH TO SMILE ABOUT

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:29 am

carlccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:As I said no help down the left from whitts
Ole had to change from 442 to 451 bringing le fondre backon the left as whitts couldnt do his job :bluescarf: :ole:

Steve, I think if you watch the game again you will find that Whitts was employed as an inside left ( or that's what you would call it :lol: )

It was the shape and tactics that were wrong but individual errors are simply that and poor decision making by Fabio were in stark contrast to his excellent display on Tuesday.

played a right back in left back position ?? :roll:

Would you rather have Declan John playing at left back Allan ?

If so, Brayford or Fabio at right back ?

Carl may mixed up left and right but happier with players playing in correct position. If john plays in that position yes. Brayford

over fabio aswell

I weren't being funny Allan, I was unsure you had made a mistake or that you believed Fabio should be playing at right back and not on the left :thumbup:

Despite Fabio having a poor game on Saturday, I do feel he is the first choice left back with Brayford on the right :ayatollah:[/

Wont argue there carl i presume thats their natural positions? Just heared one was out position sat.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:15 pm

Bit late but the first half performance was howling.

Disjointed and dropped Brayford, shocking decision. I don't know if it was tactical but defensively he is as good as anyone I seen in this day and age.

Connolly been one of our best performers and he got moved to RB which he can play but not outstanding at it.

Le Fondre and Maynard, both not got the best pace but do possess some but the same pedigree kind is never going to work.. the midfield didn't want the ball.

Morrison not being able to use his left foot made my day, what sort of professional can you be if you can't even clear the ball with your left that you try to bring it on your right?! Put us in trouble twice trying to do the same thing.

Fabio lacked intent, he should of smashed that winger in a challenge to knock him off his game but credit to him as he was excellent. No-one seemed to want to touch Sako and the other fella, letting them cut in 24/7, they was even coming into the centre of the pitch that's how all over the place midfield was.

The second half KJ seemed to help the cause and keep the ball and hold it up enough to let some of the midfield actually enter the other half.

Explain to me what the old no pressing but running back into our own half was all about when they was spreading it across the defence?

I expected better of Ole and the defensive selection got to me more than the changes up front.

Really didn't look at Wolves enough and he was too worried about what they was gonna do than what we wanted to do.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:34 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Bit late but the first half performance was howling.

Disjointed and dropped Brayford, shocking decision. I don't know if it was tactical but defensively he is as good as anyone I seen in this day and age.

Connolly been one of our best performers and he got moved to RB which he can play but not outstanding at it.

Le Fondre and Maynard, both not got the best pace but do possess some but the same pedigree kind is never going to work.. the midfield didn't want the ball.

Morrison not being able to use his left foot made my day, what sort of professional can you be if you can't even clear the ball with your left that you try to bring it on your right?! Put us in trouble twice trying to do the same thing.

Fabio lacked intent, he should of smashed that winger in a challenge to knock him off his game but credit to him as he was excellent. No-one seemed to want to touch Sako and the other fella, letting them cut in 24/7, they was even coming into the centre of the pitch that's how all over the place midfield was.

The second half KJ seemed to help the cause and keep the ball and hold it up enough to let some of the midfield actually enter the other half.

Explain to me what the old no pressing but running back into our own half was all about when they was spreading it across the defence?

I expected better of Ole and the defensive selection got to me more than the changes up front.

Really didn't look at Wolves enough and he was too worried about what they was gonna do than what we wanted to do.

Great read Dando....lets have more of it from you.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:21 am

Thanks Bakes, really weren't pleased leaving the ground but not because we deserved something but more that we didn't look like we wanted anything, even if we was playing for the draw, we didn't look good playing for it.. got what we deserved.

If I was a Wolves fan I would be a tad pissed off that we didn't win by more than 1 goal.

Reminded me of Bristol City away when we lost 4-2, only difference was Bristol were poor in defence that we managed to get behind them.