Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I feel sorry for Hudson

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:23 pm

When you play 70 minutes at Yeovil and are then given no game time against Wolfsburg, then get thrown in at Blackburn and put in a heroic display, build on that performance home to Huddersfield, then get inexplicably dropped home to Wigan, only to be thrown back in today; it's inevitable any defender messed about like Hudson will eventually make a mistake.

I still don't think Hudson is fully fit because of how Ole has prepared him for this season and sadly, it seems his legs went towards the end of todays game to make the mistake.

I think our strikers would be performing a lot better if they were given a run as well, Maynard and Le Fondre will never produce their best for us if they're constantly in and out of the team. If Ole doesn't stick with a settled team this season, we won't achieve anything.

Leicester went up last season with only 16 players utilised I believe, they were organised, they knew each other inside out and most importantly, they were all match fit and that continuity produced confidence and winning performances, something we currently seem to lack with Ole's tinkering.

Re: I feel sorry for Hudson

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:When you play 70 minutes at Yeovil and are then given no game time against Wolfsburg, then get thrown in at Blackburn and put in a heroic display, build on that performance home to Huddersfield, then get inexplicably dropped home to Wigan, only to be thrown back in today; it's inevitable any defender messed about like Hudson will eventually make a mistake.

I still don't think Hudson is fully fit because of how Ole has prepared him for this season and sadly, it seems his legs went towards the end of todays game to make the mistake.

I think our strikers would be performing a lot better if they were given a run as well, Maynard and Le Fondre will never produce their best for us if they're constantly in and out of the team. If Ole doesn't stick with a settled team this season, we won't achieve anything.

Leicester went up last season with only 16 players utilised I believe, they were organised, they knew each other inside out and most importantly, they were all match fit and that continuity produced confidence and winning performances, something we currently seem to lack with Ole's tinkering.

Think Ole has to realise we are not Man U quality like what happened when he was in and out of the team. It's not always the norm to change things that often.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:28 pm

8ballpottingmachine wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:When you play 70 minutes at Yeovil and are then given no game time against Wolfsburg, then get thrown in at Blackburn and put in a heroic display, build on that performance home to Huddersfield, then get inexplicably dropped home to Wigan, only to be thrown back in today; it's inevitable any defender messed about like Hudson will eventually make a mistake.

Think Ole has to realise we are not Man U quality like what happened when he was in and out of the team. It's not always the norm to change things that often.

Totally agree, it can't help a players mental state when that player knows he's played well, then gets dropped! I would rather a confident, well organised, slightly tired 11 than a not confident, disorganised, fully fit 11.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
8ballpottingmachine wrote:

Totally agree, it can't help a players mental state when that player knows he's played well, then gets dropped! I would rather a confident, well organised, slightly tired 11 than a not confident, disorganised, fully fit 11.

Spot on Tonteg. He hasn't learnt from last season - bring in a player, he wins MOM & then following game he is dropped! What incentive is that?
You can't keep changing your back 4 when they've played well.
I'll stick with Ole but he gives me no confidence at all with his team selections. Still early days so let's hope he improves.