" WE NEVER DESERVED ANYTHING/ WHY DOES OLE ? "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:50 pm

" WE NEVER DESERVED ANYTHING OUT IF THIS GAME & WHY DOES OLE? "

I never went today,but I kept updated for 90 minutes, so just a short post from myself and my views :thumbright:

Wolves 1 Cardiff City 0

Crowd 21,221

Away Support Approx 1,500.

Before hand I would of more than been happy with a draw and unfortunately an own goal in injury time cost us even that.

Why why does Ole Gunnar Solskjaer keep tinkering with our team? I am honestly not turning on him,but I have said after every game,why not stay with a successful team? And this is my strong opinion as a fan :ayatollah:

The first half we were very very poor.

And to go in at half time at nil nil, I was more than happy :thumbright:

Second half we improved,but still way no where near where we should be with this quality squad.

Bringing on Kenwyne Jones certainly started to help us upfront and he had a chance saved.

An injury time own goal Mark Hudson gave Wolves the win they deserved,they should have scored a lot earlier than that.

At the end of the game Mark Hudson went right over to the Cardiff faithful,1,500 plus fans and said sorry,pointed to himself and clapped City fans.

Where the hell was Brayford today,how come Ole never started him ? :shock:

Gunnarson went off with a knee injury,hope it's not to serious.

Well nothing from this game,but hopefully we can learn from this.

Port vale next away in the Cup on Tuesday night.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146375 :thumbright:

:thumbright: :ole: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " WE NEVER DESERVED ANYTHING/ WHY DOES OLE ? "

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Couldn't agree more. I'm a big fan of Hudson & wouldn't blame him but he shouldn't have been on the pitch. The same back 4 should have started.
We'll get nowhere with all this tinkering nonsense.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Jimbo27 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Why didn't Brayford or Jones start today? Why was Connolly playing as a full back? Why is Gunnarson being played as a no 10? Why are we playing 442 away from home? Why are we playing with two small strikers up front? Why weren't Kim or Daehli on the bench? I really want to like Solskjaer and understand the need to keep players fresh and use the squad but I can see no reasoning at all for the above!
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27

Postby cardiff 74 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:13 pm

I asked the question in the week why does he keep changing the team is he trying to copy the sir Alex ferguson in the way he picked teams at man united
cardiff 74

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:16 pm

To me that game was a typical if you dont take hold of it then you will be punished.

The first half belonged to Wolves and they failed to capitalise on it. The second half we started to look like the team that would nick it but we totally failed to get hold of the game. We have no killing instinct and we paid for it.

What get me is that we gave so many goals away in the last dying minutes last season I just hope we have not bought that culture with us into this season.
Bakedalasker

Postby City Slicker » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:16 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Why didn't Brayford or Jones start today? Why was Connolly playing as a full back? Why is Gunnarson being played as a no 10? Why are we playing 442 away from home? Why are we playing with two small strikers up front? Why weren't Kim or Daehli on the bench? I really want to like Solskjaer and understand the need to keep players fresh and use the squad but I can see no reasoning at all for the above!

Crap midfield, Daehli and Brayford should have played, Guerra for Maynard, Gunnarsson will be a loss, Hurry back Noone!
City Slicker

Postby City Slicker » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:17 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Why didn't Brayford or Jones start today? Why was Connolly playing as a full back? Why is Gunnarson being played as a no 10? Why are we playing 442 away from home? Why are we playing with two small strikers up front? Why weren't Kim or Daehli on the bench? I really want to like Solskjaer and understand the need to keep players fresh and use the squad but I can see no reasoning at all for the above!

Crap midfield, Daehli and Brayford should have played, Guerra for Maynard, Gunnarsson will be a loss, Hurry back Noone!
City Slicker

Postby Bobby Woodruff's long throw » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Agree, the tinkering won't give us the consistancy we need.
An own goal can happen to every team, However Hudson is a very slow,lumbering and technically inept footballer who should never be in this league never mind this squad.Not because of today,I've said for two years he's shocking but has the odd good game.
Bobby Woodruff's long throw

Postby Pontypool_Bluebird » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:19 pm

We didn't win against Wigan by playing well so why not tinker. If we'd played the same team and still lost the game then fans would ask why certain players aren't playing. Same old bullshit. We've lost one game stopped a good side creating good opportunities
Pontypool_Bluebird

Postby shinyBlueGlue » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:19 pm

I still think he is learning and struggling. I hope I am proved wrong
City Till I Die
shinyBlueGlue

Postby Jimbo27 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:22 pm

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:We didn't win against Wigan by playing well so why not tinker. If we'd played the same team and still lost the game then fans would ask why certain players aren't playing. Same old bullshit. We've lost one game stopped a good side creating good opportunities

We were poor against Wigan yet two of our best players from that game, Brayford and Jones, were dropped today! It's madness! Jones is just who you need leading the line away from home.
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27

Postby PartyWithOle » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:23 pm

Knocks and niggles I assume. Hope the Leeds interest for Hudson is genuine. The guy's lost it
PartyWithOle

Postby brickyblue » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Wolves had 67 % of possession we sat back and let em play without challenging for the ball.we needed to show this league are intent and go for it today. We didnt do it today why brayford didnt start I dont no and to change the defence was a mistake by ole as was the two little guys up front.

Really hope this isnt going to be the pattern this season from ole if it aint broke dont fix it.
Early days yet but ole needs to learn but will oles learning be Cardiff City s downfall thats me concerns.
Move on to the next game hope we close down and get the ball more you do nothing without the ball.
brickyblue

Postby Einstein » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:31 pm

I can sum us up in one word... Average.

The two home games and Coventry away were average performances didn't see the others, we lack real energy and positive drive from centre midfield and pace out wide, get well soon Noonie.

I've always said that every manager needs a pre-season before deciding but his signings and early season tactics are odd. I can't see where the signings have improved on what we had... more of the same or worse. He is also very slow in changing things when they're not working... I feel mid table coming on and Tan sacking Ole just after Christmas.
Einstein

Postby noony18 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Guys I wish you would smell the coffee. We are in relegation battle with mr numpty in charge.. freefall and empty stadiums await. Please vincent sack him now :-/
noony18

Postby stentona » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:50 pm

My honest opinion ...

We're not that BAD but we're NOT THAT GOOD either. I see a mid to top half finish unless we find an experienced midfielder with a bit of drive who can nurture Adeyemi because I think he is a good acquisition.

It's been so obvious that we need more energy & guile in the centre of the park. Sorry but Whitts is mostly a passenger unless he can play further up field.
stentona

Postby Pontypool_Bluebird » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:We didn't win against Wigan by playing well so why not tinker. If we'd played the same team and still lost the game then fans would ask why certain players aren't playing. Same old bullshit. We've lost one game stopped a good side creating good opportunities

We were poor against Wigan yet two of our best players from that game, Brayford and Jones, were dropped today! It's madness! Jones is just who you need leading the line away from home.

Completely agree on Jones. I can't help but to think we played 3 centre halves due to the Ariel threat wolves posed at set pieces. Connolly played well in fairness
Pontypool_Bluebird

Postby moz-dublin » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:53 pm

Totally agree
Ole gone by xmas
moz-dublin

Postby City Slicker » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:00 pm

stentona wrote:My honest opinion ...

We're not that BAD but we're NOT THAT GOOD either. I see a mid to top half finish unless we find an experienced midfielder with a bit of drive who can nurture Adeyemi because I think he is a good acquisition.

It's been so obvious that we need more energy & guile in the centre of the park. Sorry but Whitts is mostly a passenger unless he can play further up field.

Spot on! Whittingham the weak link. Brink in a midfield dynamo to work with Adeyemi, Digakoi and Daehli

:bluescarf:
City Slicker

Postby City Slicker » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:00 pm

stentona wrote:My honest opinion ...

Spot on! Whittingham the weak link. Brink in a midfield dynamo to work with Adeyemi, Digakoi and Daehli

:bluescarf:
City Slicker

Postby moonboots » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:52 pm

We just haven't got the right balance in midfield. We seem to lack pace and we definitely don't pass and move. We pass to static targets who get closed down quickly because the opposition easily predict where our next pass is going. We on the other hand do very little in the way of pressing. I expected us to dominate teams in this league but possession stats have been about 65:35 against us in our two away games. It was about 50:50 v Huddersfield. I didn't see the stats v Wigan but to me they had more of the ball. :(
moonboots

Postby Shivazerg » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:11 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:I asked the question in the week why does he keep changing the team is he trying to copy the sir Alex ferguson in the way he picked teams at man united

He did this at Molde aswell. It has less to do with fitness and more to do with letting everyone in the squad believe that if they buckle up in training and push that little bit harder they will get to play. In Molde it took time to pay off and the squad seemed unbalanced for 5-6 games in the beginning of each season. It's a very deliberate move from him, so i don't think it something he has to learn. I think he knows the options, but believes that his way is better.
Shivazerg

Postby Mel86 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Wolves were good to be fair they were up for it had pace and run Fabio ragged up that left wing, I can see them doing well. Whitts was poor no vision today, kept passing back, no creativity from any of the mid tbh but who would pick this 11anyway? Can't wait to see noone back. Whole team very subdued, could say the textgate thing cast a shadow but half the players weren't here under malky. Scoreline does us justice it could have been more and we had about 1 and a half chances. Thought Morrison done OK though.
Twitter @goldmel314159
Mel86

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bosse » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:38 pm

Wow, only me saw we didnt get that penalty and Kenwyne missed a 100% before the deflection from Hudson? Get a grip, please!
Bosse

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:54 pm

One of first rules of management is don't change a winning team.

In fairness to ole he changed team after beating hudds and we beat Wigan.

However he changed team after Huddersfield when we had conceded a sloppy goal and bought in Morrison to partner Connolly and we kept a clean sheet. Today ole dropped Brayford and moved Connelly from centre back to right back and in effect he made 2 changes to the back line. Connolly is far better as a centre back. Brayford is our best right back. Ole needs to keep the defence the same if they are playing well. Constant tinkering will be the downfall of our promotion bid this season
RIP Brian Clark & Eddie May
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby grange_end1927 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:21 pm

Come on we've lost one game and it's all doom and gloom,Solskjaer is still learning in the Championship,patience is a virtue :D
grange_end1927

Postby bluemoon » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:07 pm

i had to stop just a few lines in...

as we all know...

its not our team... its not our club

its like going in a supermarket and they've gone and changed the successful store layout that they have had for years :lol:
only to find you walk back in a week later and they have changed the layout again :lol:

regardless of todays result the place is a f*cking joke
bluemoon

Postby Dolko » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:21 am

Shivazerg wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:I asked the question in the week why does he keep changing the team is he trying to copy the sir Alex ferguson in the way he picked teams at man united

He did this at Molde aswell. It has less to do with fitness and more to do with letting everyone in the squad believe that if they buckle up in training and push that little bit harder they will get to play. In Molde it took time to pay off and the squad seemed unbalanced for 5-6 games in the beginning of each season. It's a very deliberate move from him, so i don't think it something he has to learn. I think he knows the options, but believes that his way is better.

True
Dolko

Postby CardiffN » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:52 pm

I just cant understand why fans turn to the negative after 1 match.

Connolly for Brayford:

We were playing against one of the most offensive wings in the Championship. Bakary Sako has 76 matches, 21 goals and 32 assists for Wolves. He is known for "hanging" up there and is extremely good on the counter.

The biggest concern last year was that Ole wont be able to defend in the Championship. Ole cant defend at all. Against Wolves he decided to put Connolly on the back to avoid being overrun on counters when Brayford goes up.
Imo Brayford is best offensive and to hold him back against Sako would only play him on his weaker sides.

We did not loose the match because of Connolly, he did a very good job at keeping Sako out so why complain about that?

Kenwyne Jones:

Missed a bit of pre season and wont be able to play all matches 90 minutes yet. Big lad who needs more time to recover from 90 minutes, especially now that he contributes more.

Dæhli:

Carrying a knock so had no chance of playing. Hopefully back against Port Vale.

If most of you had known before the match that Jones has fitness issues and Dæhli was injured there would been no complaints about tinkering.
If we had more luck on our side and won the match i bet many of you would say what a extremely good desicion it was to use Connolly to neutralize Sako and how we won the match by keeping him out of the match.

The defence did good yesterday. It was unlucky that we scored a own goal so was Ole`s "tinkering" of 1 player the reason we lost?
CardiffN

Next

Return to General Chat