Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ruddy Gested

Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Scores again 3 in last 3 games

Re: Ruddy Gested

Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:12 pm

can't blame the club for letting go, when he was here he never showed anything that suggested he could score goals in volume.

well done to him though, he looks like he's enjoying his football at BRFC and could become their main striker if rhodes goes.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Well done Rudy. He was still an average player for us though.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Scores again 3 in last 3 games

And so many from this forum said he wasn't good enough for the c'ship

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:59 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:can't blame the club for letting go, when he was here he never showed anything that suggested he could score goals in volume.

well done to him though, he looks like he's enjoying his football at BRFC and could become their main striker if rhodes goes.

Should have been a loan move. We could have decided to sell in the summer had we stayed up.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:02 pm

k00lworld wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:can't blame the club for letting go, when he was here he never showed anything that suggested he could score goals in volume.

Should have been a loan move. We could have decided to sell in the summer had we stayed up.

its easy to be wise in hindsight, but at the time i was glad we got shot of him tbh.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:16 pm

I was always a big Rudy fan and thought he just needed more of chance and some confidence.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:33 pm

16 league goals in 31 apperances for Blackburn,hope we put in a sell on clause when we trasferred him? :o .

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Arrow wrote:

I said he wasn't good enough for the Premier League :thumbright:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:09 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:
k00lworld wrote:

its easy to be wise in hindsight, but at the time i was glad we got shot of him tbh.

Even without all the shenanigans last season was always going to be tough with relegation a possibility. Loaning out players not needed at premier league level but would be useful if back in the championship would have been a good strategy. That's not hindsight it's common sense.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Arrow wrote:

I said he wasn't good enough for the Premier League :thumbright:

Did i say your name :thumbup:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:48 pm

k00lworld wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:
k00lworld wrote:

Even without all the shenanigans last season was always going to be tough with relegation a possibility. Loaning out players not needed at premier league level but would be useful if back in the championship would have been a good strategy. That's not hindsight it's common sense.

i'd disagree. i didnt ever rate him at championship level either.

he hit form and didnt look back. fair play if you saw something in the lad, but you would have been in a small minority 9 months ago!

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:03 pm

Watched Rudy in our Championship game in the promotion season against Nottingham Forrest and he was brilliant. Can't understand why you let a young player go without giving him a fair crack, and he was allowed to go the day before the new manager was in place...whose bright idea was that? Good Luck to Rudy just hope he doesn't come back to haunt us!! If you compare Rudy to Kenwyn Jones there is only one winner....RUDY !!

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:27 pm

He was pretty poor when he came here but he kept working on his game and improving every year and it seems he still is with Blackburn.

I liked the guy and maybe we should have given him another year?

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:55 pm

Never given the chance.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:21 am

it was barry chuckles who kept on calling him a donkey and useless and saying he wasn't good enough for championship football and he still thinks he s right
a got slaughterd on here for backing rudy :bluescarf: :ole: