Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ole's made some changes! big deal!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:34 pm

If we get battered or play awful than we can moan about it so far he's made the right decisions so lets trust our manager and behind him! Come on Cardiff! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Re: Ole's made some changes! big deal!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:45 pm

I'm old school,keep a winning team but must admit I like the tinkering.

It must be a mare for our next opponents as they don't how to train to play against us.

Most are saying that we have a strong squad, let's use it.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:32 pm

HE HAS A LARGE SELECTION OF PLAYERS TO CHOOSE FROM, TO SELECT SAME PLAYERS OVER AND OVER WOULD BE A TAD UNJUST? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

#OleGunnarTinker

Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:56 pm

AJ1927 wrote:HE HAS A LARGE SELECTION OF PLAYERS TO CHOOSE FROM, TO SELECT SAME PLAYERS OVER AND OVER WOULD BE A TAD UNJUST? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

#OleGunnarTinker

This team is sh!t shouldn't of changed it :lol:

In seriousness I'd make a change tho

Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:59 pm

AJ1927 wrote:HE HAS A LARGE SELECTION OF PLAYERS TO CHOOSE FROM, TO SELECT SAME PLAYERS OVER AND OVER WOULD BE A TAD UNJUST? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

#OleGunnarTinker

Unjust?? Lol
You keep a winning team, within reason, otherwise you lose all fluidity. A winning team breeds confidence & especially keep your best back 4 in tact.
Why would you 'rest' your two best players after just 3 games?
Play your best team, get the points & rest a player or two later on when they start to look a bit tired or loose a bit of form. Brayford must be wondering what the hells going on!
I don't think the best managers around eg: Ferguson, Mourinho would be worried about another player feeling a bit unjust!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:57 pm

That's why you should not keep changing a winning team. Particularly a solid looking defence!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:59 pm

To me it looks like Solskjaer knows his "midweek-team", but hasn't totally figured out his second team. He'll get it soon though :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:01 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:That's why you should not keep changing a winning team. Particularly a solid looking defence!

Exactly

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Hudson is not good enough and today cost us us 3 points or a point ,, maybe im wrong but either way he is on the score sheet against us...

Ole should sort the back 4 and he doesn't know still after all this time, as far as I am concerned it is
Marshal
Brayford Connely Morrison Fabior
Abeymi

See what he wants to do after that,,, but to change that after a good performance is stupid deserves all the abuse he gets.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:10 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Hudson is not good enough and today cost us us 3 points or a point ,, maybe im wrong but either way he is on the score sheet against us...

Ole should sort the back 4 and he doesn't know still after all this time, as far as I am concerned it is
Marshal
Brayford Connely Morrison Fabior
Abeymi

See what he wants to do after that,,, but to change that after a good performance is stupid deserves all the abuse he gets.

He hasn't learnt from last season. A player wins MOM, following game he's dropped!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:27 pm

Jones still hasn't had a full pre-season and didn't come back in the best of shape so has been working very hard, fatigued.

Brayford, assumed knock

Daehli, not the best of games on Tuesday.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:05 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Jones still hasn't had a full pre-season and didn't come back in the best of shape so has been working very hard, fatigued.

Brayford, assumed knock

Daehli, not the best of games on Tuesday.

Jones would have held up the ball better. Given their defense more of a work out.
Daehli was poor on Tuesday but hasnt had a prolonged period like that so why dropped from squad totally? A bit harsh.
The team ole fielded was full of work horses, unable to keep posession and couldnt find a way to unlock defence. Very poor attacking team with Pilkington the only one remotely dangerous. Gunnarson as no 10 is a joke. Why wasn't guerra on the bench? He holds up the ball well good in posession. Not anti ole, but don't think he got it right today.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:29 pm

Tinkering is fine provided you tinker in the right places. He didn't this week. I would never change a back four off the back of a clean sheet. It makes absolutely no sense. I appreciate some have suggested he put Connolly out wide to cope better with the Wolves wingers but surely we should have been giving them things to worry about. As one poster said in another thread. Brayford would have given Sako something to think about rather than Connolly who sat back and just got attacked by Sako all game.