Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ole Tinkering Again

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:23 pm

Why oh why can,t we keep the same team for 2 games on the trot.

The defence has been solid looking so far thus season and Brayford has been very good. He is now dropped to the bench.

Jones has been excellent and now he is dropped! Surely a target man is needed up top with Le Fondre or Maynard alongside. Maynard & Le Fondre start.

Puzzling.

If we win 3-0 then I will take it all back but why drop two of your form players to accommodate a different formation?

Re: Ole Tinkering Again

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Ole makes some puzzling team selections

1 man up front this afternoon ?

KWJ started the season well and benched ? same for Brayford ?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:26 pm

He'll have his reasons , we have a big squad so there will be changes most weeks.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:29 pm

Dont surprise me at all, imo this is the way to rest 'em and keep up the competition between our strikers.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:35 pm

Jones to Hull ? :sad7:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Bosse wrote:Dont surprise me at all, imo this is the way to rest 'em and keep up the competition between our strikers.

It isn't just the strikers, Brayford and Daehli dropped too, Brayford hasn't got competition for his position.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:57 pm

salopiancity wrote:Jones to Hull ? :sad7:

Rotating the strikers.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:58 pm

LonCar wrote:
Bosse wrote:Dont surprise me at all, imo this is the way to rest 'em and keep up the competition between our strikers.

It isn't just the strikers, Brayford and Daehli dropped too, Brayford hasn't got competition for his position.

Connolly was a consistent full back in the promotion season. :thumbright:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:03 pm

salopiancity wrote:
LonCar wrote:

Connolly was a consistent full back in the promotion season. :thumbright:

More defensive than Brayford, won't be attacking much the side of the pitch, it looks like a gamble dropping good in form players, but you see what he is trying to do.

Third game in seven days, early in the season, some are probably tired........