Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Hull City want to sign Cardiff City Star Striker '

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:51 pm

If Jones is not yet fit enough to play 90 minutes, something tells me he´s NOT at his best form yet. For god´s sake, keep him!

Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:54 pm

castleblue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Is there an offer on the table?

I doubt it would be much more than £1million.

If they offer around £2million we would have to think about it, especially as he will want Prem football, his form will drop at some point this season and we would get rid of a £1.8 million a year salary.

That's nearly £4million on a player in his last year and could get us a younger target man costing around £3milliin and on £20k a week.

Spot on a £4m saving for the club and with over £100m debt we just cannot afford to turn that down. Certainly not for a player who can walk away free at the end of this season.

:ole:

the best way to look at it, the way the club will be looking at it, is if he will play an important role in a promotion challenge, then losing (hypothetically) £4m, is a price worth paying if we can go straight back up with him in the team.

we also can't afford to be paying 8 players £30k+ a week, but we are. there are many players i'd get rid of before jones, despite his huge salary.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:31 pm

VincentTanOut wrote:What, go for Rhodes. Please let us keep Kenwyne

Wouldn't of said that last season :D :ayatollah: :D