Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Hull City want to sign Cardiff City Star Striker '

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:39 am

?

Hull city are interested in buying Cardiff City Kenwyne Jones.

Hull are interested in Jones,but no actual bid had yet been made.

Jones is currently on £37,500 a week.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146307

Re: ' Hull City want to sign Cardiff City Star Striker '

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:42 am

I said earlier that I'd keep him, but every player has his price.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:46 am

12 million will do lol

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:?

1 year left on his contract so get what we can for him and get the £37k a week off the wage bill.

:ole:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:52 am

He's going nowhere.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:02 pm

castleblue wrote:

1 year left on his contract so get what we can for him and get the £37k a week off the wage bill.

Good call.....sell our top scorer with only one week left in the window.....why not sell Marshall as well?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Well jones has clearly started well in the championship. Will his form last all season though? It's a simple choice, pay his high wages and hope he fires us back into the prem or cash in, get him off the wage bill and use the wealth of strikers.

I think if keep him. He's destroying the championship and if we sell we do not have the big man option any longer. The price if his wage will be justified when he scores 20 goals and fires us back up. If his contract runs out and he doesn't want to renew then we hopefully be back in the prem so won't be as big a loss.

I'm firmly behind keeping the big man! :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:19 pm

£5m would do. He has been very good but we have Le Fondre, Macheda, Guerra and Maynard. We would miss our big target man in some matches, but we can't afford to say no to £5m, would be madness.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Every player has his price , especially in the final year of his contract. It's a matter of determining that price though considering the start he's made in the championship if he fires us back into the prem.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:26 pm

dazza wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Good call.....sell our top scorer with only one week left in the window.....why not sell Marshall as well?

Do we have an offer for Marshall. :?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Is there an offer on the table?

I doubt it would be much more than £1million.

If they offer around £2million we would have to think about it, especially as he will want Prem football, his form will drop at some point this season and we would get rid of a £1.8 million a year salary.

That's nearly £4million on a player in his last year and could get us a younger target man costing around £3milliin and on £20k a week.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Wayne S wrote:Is there an offer on the table?

I doubt it would be much more than £1million.

If they offer around £2million we would have to think about it, especially as he will want Prem football, his form will drop at some point this season and we would get rid of a £1.8 million a year salary.

That's nearly £4million on a player in his last year and could get us a younger target man costing around £3milliin and on £20k a week.

Spot on a £4m saving for the club and with over £100m debt we just cannot afford to turn that down. Certainly not for a player who can walk away free at the end of this season.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:18 pm

here we go again why do some people want to sell one of our best players when we are hopeing for promotion

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:20 pm

What, go for Rhodes. Please let us keep Kenwyne

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Dean Windass would like Hull City to sign Kenwyne Jones

23rd Aug 2014

Dean Windass applauds Hull City's attempts to sign Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes and says he would relish being paired with Cardiff City hitman Kenwyne Jones.

WITH £12m burning a hole in their pocket from the sale of Shane Long, it seems Jordan Rhodes is top of the list to replace him at Hull City.

And he would be a fantastic signing if they can get the Scottish international to come to the KC.

I've known Jordan since he was 12 when I was at Bradford City and his dad, Andy, was the goalkeeper coach. His dad also played for St Johnstone when I was at Aberdeen.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:46 pm

If Jones scores today watch out for a bid from Hull.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:00 pm

I brought this topic up last week. He was bound to attract attention from desperate lower half Premier teams.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:58 pm

37,500 you're having a laugh he's not worth ten grand a week hull can have him annis

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Keep him here. Blackburn want 15m for Rhodes :shock:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:12 pm

I was talking about this with a mate the other day, asking if we would sell him if an offer came in. One minute the knives were all out and we were all offering to drive big ken to Newcastle, next he is our best player as he has shown he is capable of tearing a hole in the championship. Def a tricky one. If he can sustain form and motivation for the Championship all season we should obviously keep him, but he could just be into putting himself in the shop window for transfer window and trying to get one last big contract before losing interest. Ole needs to thrash it out with him. If he stays, he could be a legend with 20+ goals and he knows it. He also knows the money is here.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Time for guerra to step up.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:42 pm

Kenwyne did his best to put Hull off today by blasting straight at their goalie form six yards out.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:03 pm

Not long ago this would have been most welcomed :) Should let him go if he wants too and there is a fee involved. Afterall, Le Fondre, Macheda, Guerra, Maynard and the youngsters should do more than enough. But of course, Kenwyne offers something different, that's for sure.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:26 pm

Been arguably our best player so far in every match ....do we want to sell him or do we want him to lead us back up? How much is promotion worth?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Why do we want to get 37k a week off our wage bill.. ?

what will getting £37k a week do for the club ? Someone else would have to be bought and paid.....ie go for the cheap option, and when the transfer window is closed.

So what if he has 1 year of a contract left. If all goes well and we get promoted he may not be needed next season. He could also be offered a new contract if his good form continues.

I think some people just write on here for the sake of it, without engaging any sort of brain matter.

Madness to sell players in form.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:56 am

Surprised at the views on here about Jones. If it were me, seeing what I have seen of him over the years I would offer to start the car and drive him up to Humberside immediately. Has always flattered to deceive, starts well at the beginning of the season then when the weather sets in looks totally half-arsed. Your loss could be Hull's loss as well. You would be better getting Bothroyd back.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:02 am

DWQPR wrote:Surprised at the views on here about Jones. If it were me, seeing what I have seen of him over the years I would offer to start the car and drive him up to Humberside immediately. Has always flattered to deceive, starts well at the beginning of the season then when the weather sets in looks totally half-arsed. Your loss could be Hull's loss as well. You would be better getting Bothroyd back.

I think it's because Jones was so bad last season,that he looks like a totally different player this season,unrecognisable in my opinion. For me,He is not a Premier footballer,but a high quality Championship player,if he continues to play like he has in his first few games,still a lazy bugger though :lol:

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:18 am

After his performance so far? No chance he's leaving I reckon.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:
DWQPR wrote:Surprised at the views on here about Jones. If it were me, seeing what I have seen of him over the years I would offer to start the car and drive him up to Humberside immediately. Has always flattered to deceive, starts well at the beginning of the season then when the weather sets in looks totally half-arsed. Your loss could be Hull's loss as well. You would be better getting Bothroyd back.

I think it's because Jones was so bad last season,that he looks like a totally different player this season,unrecognisable in my opinion. For me,He is not a Premier footballer,but a high quality Championship player,if he continues to play like he has in his first few games,still a lazy bugger though :lol:

As has been mentioned before and it is a good point, he will know that the transfer window is soon to close, and putting himself in the shop window for one more unsuspecting bugger to give him a PL salary and a huge signing on fee, and then the form drops off. He is lazy and for me all that is wrong with the modern footballer and his agent, just trying to get as many transfers as possible to stack the cash, no loyalty or effort. And the sad thing is that he IS capable of being a very good player.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:30 am

DWQPR wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

As has been mentioned before and it is a good point, he will know that the transfer window is soon to close, and putting himself in the shop window for one more unsuspecting bugger to give him a PL salary and a huge signing on fee, and then the form drops off. He is lazy and for me all that is wrong with the modern footballer and his agent, just trying to get as many transfers as possible to stack the cash, no loyalty or effort. And the sad thing is that he IS capable of being a very good player.

If he goes back to how he was last season,utter garbage and totally lazy,our fans will soon let him know. I really hope your wrong,but I know there is a lot in what your saying.