Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? "

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:28 am

" WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? "
link
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... on-7660267?

Why is the atmosphere at our stadium as poor as it has been in the opening two fixtures?

Last season I heard and read some of our fans say that there are thousands of supporters who are only turning up for the Premier League and they are ‘happy clappers’ or ‘plastics’.

Well if that is the case and these ‘plastic’ fans, who apparently bring very little to the atmosphere anyway, have gone back to supporting Man Utd and Liverpool and co a Saturday, surely that leaves ‘genuine’ City fans attending the games?

So again I ask why ?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... on-7660267?

Re: " WE'RE WINNING SO WHY AREN'T WE SINGING ? "

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:31 am

I think people have started to lose the passion they had for the club .
The rebrand , constant protest songs and infighting between fans has allowed football days to lose their sparkle .

It will take a promotion season and a change of heart from tan over the blue to change it around IMO

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:37 am

The atmosphere has been bad for years, way before the rebrand. Has it ever been consistently good since leaving NP? The rebrand and Tan is an easy blame but it wouldn't be accurate. Our fanbase has just changed thats all, as have many clubs fanbases around the UK. Its a Britain thing not a Cardiff thing.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:43 am

Club should work with like-minded fans to set-up an Ultra group. That would work

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:48 am

In my opinion the are a couple of reasons for the lack of atmosphere and the first is the hangover from last season hasn't yet been blown away.

Last season was a horrible experience and not just because of the relegation but the whole washing the laundry in public stuff surrounding MM sacking. Sadly the latest revelations about our former manager and his righthand man look likely to run for months but I hope it doesn't affect our support for OGS and the players.

The second is that whilst VT rebrand remains in place the "Dynamic" within the club will remain damaged. We need everyone singing off the same hymn sheet and whilst this unpopular rebrand remains in place the atmosphere will suffer. I would challenge VT to allow the team to play in blue at home just once this season and I would bet, no matter where we are in the league table, the stadium would be rocking. The 19.27 protest needs to remain in place and fans need to continue to wear blue to matches until VT gets the message.

However will really need to get behind OGS and the team because none of this is thier fault. Hearing the fans singing OGS name last week was a good start but that needs to continue ensuring the dynamic between fans, manager and team is as good as possible.

The dynamic between fans and owner well thats down to VT to put right.

:ole:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:56 am

Stadium is only 2/3 full...

Hangover from Premiership, personally I'm not really looking forward to games

Crap football... winning but the football is not exactly exciting!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:09 am

nobodys heart is in it anymore...the whole experience of watching the city is just not enjoyable....its become a stale enviroment....just my opinion.. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:11 am

Really think it's a few things
1 We have over estimated the noise we made at NP I started going in 75 and when it was good it was great but I was on very rare occasions If you were in the middle group making the noise you thought it was great but if you were the other side of the stadium it was never loud

2 The fans who made the noise are now spread around the stadium

3 Fans are divided even between those who want to go back to blue Those who want to abuse Tan and those who don't But still want blue back The anti Tan songs I will not sing and I know many fans in this position There for apart from We will always BLUE it is very hard to get a chant going

4 I also think Malky style of football did not help as it really did not get me excited even thou we went up

Our away support will always seem better. All of us in a small area with a common goal If we can get that group into the same area in our current stadium I am sure we would start to see an improvement

Re: " SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? "

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:16 am

its hard to get an atmosphere when sitting down! who wants to sing sitting down, when you look to the away support and they are standing and singing!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:33 am

we are no differant than any other team watching livetpool v southamptpn on telly last week it was very quiet

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:45 am

It's not just us, I think that last season with the ground full and the excitement of watching us play the big boys in the PL got people raring to cheer and sing and we went into each game trying to get behind the team and be that 12th man to push them over the line (only really worked v Man City!).

But now we're back to playing teams we're used to playing against, we don't necessarily need to be driving the team to win because they are winning. The attendances so far are low but they're no lower than our last season in the championship. They're also quite good when you compare them to other teams in the league. The new stand does make a difference as people who used to be in the main bowl have moved, so there's more empty seats. I think they should have that top tier closed off and put some banners over the seats.

I also think most fans, although willing to support the blue cause, are getting a bit sick of singing 'we'll always be blue' constantly. Think we need some new songs because they're all getting a bit same old now!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:01 am

As stated above,noise was lost when we left the ninian.
In hindsight...the grange end and block a , should have moved to the new stadium together,all the headers in say the canton end
= guaranteed noise and passion as of now we are all split up :old:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:20 am

Sitting, everybody spread out - not going to happen but solution is swop grandstand and canton and have it standing. Get the 'singers' in that section. Those who dont want to go in there can stay where they are. It's the same old story that pops up but this is the only way. A great crowd can drag a team over the line in some games.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:38 am

TheRow wrote:The atmosphere has been bad for years, way before the rebrand. Has it ever been consistently good since leaving NP? The rebrand and Tan is an easy blame but it wouldn't be accurate. Our fanbase has just changed thats all, as have many clubs fanbases around the UK. Its a Britain thing not a Cardiff thing.

This

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:47 am

krabb wrote:nobodys heart is in it anymore...the whole experience of watching the city is just not enjoyable....its become a stale enviroment....just my opinion.. :ayatollah:

:thumbright:
More like a chore and an addiction.

Thankfully I feel it is getting easier to walk away now.
With that slimy Tan and his cronies in charge and the back stabbing amongst our own fans the loyalty to the club is fast disappearing.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:54 am

But our away support is one of the best. Many prem clubs last year said cardiff were the loudest supporters they've had at their stadia all season :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:06 am

Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:But our away support is one of the best. Many prem clubs last year said cardiff were the loudest supporters they've had at their stadia all season :ayatollah:

Southampton fans hoped we stayed up because of our fans. Never seen a club bring so many coaches I was told.

Strange one, maybe because we can stand and are all together.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:46 pm

Thought about this a lot during the game and I do feel that a lot of fans have lost the passion. Have lost the fight. Our Club has become a laughing stock with one thing happening after the next. The on going saga with Malky and Tans wish to report everything he feels is responsible for our downfall, Palace, Malky, ETC We as fans are the ones that are suffering. And the new stand a lot of singers have now moved away leaving Fans I have never seen before by us.
For me it's a Club I don't recognise anymore. From the team to the Fans it isn't the Club I fell in love with. Slowly and surely it's like a marriage struggling it's gonna end badly. Sorry those are my views and cue the abuse from the trolls on here.
The sad thing is if Tan changed us back to blue tomorrow the fall out would still be there and last for many many years. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:00 pm

Vincent Tan. That's my answer. He's changed the club, broken it. & somewhere the fans become disillusioned by the whole circus tan made of a proud club & broke us too. All the premier league crew have jumped back to the usual. Looks like it's up to the fans who weren't there 4 the PL & are too god dam dog loyal 2 walk away to somehow adapt? I want to feel proud to be the fukin bluebirds. We still protest at every match 19.27. There's still a little atmosphere up the away end of the Ninian Stand where I'm at but closer toward half way line.

My plan is to just get charged go mad as usual. But gimme me a bluebird home strip on the 1st team and I could just forgive n 4 get. The dogs got me by my loyalty and blind hope 1 day it will be the way it's meant to be. If he stay red next season. I don't know if I will renew my ticket. But my boys 5 n has come with me a few times. The colour only matters to him because he's told everytime the team comes up. What colour do the bluebirds play in son? He knows not to mention anything other than blue in my presence lol. But he wants to come every home game now. He be 6 soon. I don't want to take him to support the rebrand. But how can I deny him?

There's a special place in hell for dog eating bastards like the owner of a once proud club.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:36 pm

thomasblue wrote:I think people have started to lose the passion they had for the club .
The rebrand , constant protest songs and infighting between fans has allowed football days to lose their sparkle .

It will take a promotion season and a change of heart from tan over the blue to change it around IMO

I think we lost what we had when ninian park died so did our club.

this is what we are now. Sadly

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:59 pm

Sadly we come to the same stage every now and then.
1 Why is it lacking in the crowed
2 because the game doesn't suit each individuals needs
3 Tan
4 Rebrand

Some times you have to look at the bigger picture.
Most Would agree that they would swop tan for lower level of football ( Would you really ?
Are we at a stage where most plastics have dropped off to determine away support ?
Does everyone have it in them to walk out at 19.27 minutes ?

Same old roundabout keeps turning and eventually stops where it started!

Tan needs to know Red will not be the colour Blue is what we are.

Personally I will do the walk out at 19.27 and stan outside until the game ends.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:00 pm

Sadly we come to the same stage every now and then.
1 Why is it lacking in the crowed
2 because the game doesn't suit each individuals needs
3 Tan
4 Rebrand

Some times you have to look at the bigger picture.
Most Would agree that they would swop tan for lower level of football ( Would you really ?
Are we at a stage where most plastics have dropped off to determine away support ?
Does everyone have it in them to walk out at 19.27 minutes ?

Same old roundabout keeps turning and eventually stops where it started!

Tan needs to know Red will not be the colour Blue is what we are.

Personally I will do the walk out at 19.27 and stan outside until the game ends.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Our fan base has changed so much in 15 years. Out if around 8000 regulars in 2000 I reckon maybe only 2 or 3000 go now. Allied to all the new fans hardly surprising we have a clueless majority :old:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:56 pm

abergblue wrote:
Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:But our away support is one of the best. Many prem clubs last year said cardiff were the loudest supporters they've had at their stadia all season :ayatollah:

Southampton fans hoped we stayed up because of our fans. Never seen a club

bring so many coaches I was told.

Strange one, maybe because we can stand and are all together.

Yeah. I know some arsenal and spurs boys. They were busting for cardiff to stay up. Couldn't give a feck for the teams around us.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:56 pm

1. Banter has died at footbal, probably since the majority of fans are happy clappers.
2. Never a smooth run with City
3. Being playing terrible boring football for 2 years
4. Red
5. Like minded not sitting around each other
6. Pricing some fans out
7. Lot of the old school dont go anymore
8. Nothing exciting on the pitch to get worked up about

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:31 am

1- The 70's,80's and 90's was the problem. Due to our history we now have the most sanitized stadium in the UK.
2- The fans have changed- they use message boards nowadays- in the heyday I doubt many knew what qwerty was
3- No effort from the club to get things going- no hyping the crowd up
4- Split fan base 99% want blue, but disagree in the response.

Wolves were shit except their club induced set pieces......

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:50 pm

The problem is simple,us fans and our club.