Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fresh start for racist abuse at Cardiff City?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:21 am

After the recent developments and the entirely warranted aftermath from the fanbase, i hope we follow suit and some even learn from this. Yes Malky was in a privileged position but he is doing no more than what many in our fanbase do (and every other club i may add). Our chant about Kimbo when he first arrived was awful, not racist as such as it could be deemed as affectionate, but certainly ignorant. A simple search of the forum with terms such as "chink", "ting tong" even "gypo" and the results come back in their hundreds. It would be highly hypocritical of us to continue such language. Even the anti semitic England chants need to be thrown out. Lets lead by example. Tan has played an absolute blinder here and shown that we will not tolerate it, i would love it if we continue flip the perception of cardiff upside down be a shining light in this fight against bigotry in the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Fresh start for racist abuse at Cardiff City?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:45 pm

TheRow wrote:After the recent developments and the entirely warranted aftermath from the fanbase, i hope we follow suit and some even learn from this. Yes Malky was in a privileged position but he is doing no more than what many in our fanbase do (and every other club i may add). Our chant about Kimbo when he first arrived was awful, not racist as such as it could be deemed as affectionate, but certainly ignorant. A simple search of the forum with terms such as "chink", "ting tong" even "gypo" and the results come back in their hundreds. It would be highly hypocritical of us to continue such language. Even the anti semitic England chants need to be thrown out. Lets lead by example. Tan has played an absolute blinder here and shown that we will not tolerate it, i would love it if we continue flip the perception of cardiff upside down be a shining light in this fight against bigotry in the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

can think of a few that will disagree with you fella...but im not one of them, great post :thumbright:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:48 pm

TheRow wrote:After the recent developments and the entirely warranted aftermath from the fanbase, i hope we follow suit and some even learn from this. Yes Malky was in a privileged position but he is doing no more than what many in our fanbase do (and every other club i may add). Our chant about Kimbo when he first arrived was awful, not racist as such as it could be deemed as affectionate, but certainly ignorant. A simple search of the forum with terms such as "chink", "ting tong" even "gypo" and the results come back in their hundreds. It would be highly hypocritical of us to continue such language. Even the anti semitic England chants need to be thrown out. Lets lead by example. Tan has played an absolute blinder here and shown that we will not tolerate it, i would love it if we continue flip the perception of cardiff upside down be a shining light in this fight against bigotry in the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good post however if would leave himself open if the allegations over false accounting will be proven true

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Thanks guys, hope it happens.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:17 am

TheRow wrote:Thanks guys, hope it happens.

No chance, sorry mate