' MALKY MACKAYS TV APOLOGY IN HIS OWN WORDS '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Malky Mackay's TV apology in his own words... former Cardiff boss makes grovelling apology for vile text messages

Saturday 23rd August 2014.

Malky Mackay insists that he is not racist, sexist, homophobic or anti-Semitic. Here is an edited transcript of the former Cardiff City manager’s interview with Sky Sports News’ David Tanner.

Q: Malky Mackay, a number of texts sent by you and a colleague, Iain Moody, have been made public now. How do you feel about them now that you’ve seen them in the public sphere?
Mackay: Obviously the texts are things that I absolutely have to deal with and explain. Out of 10,000 text messages in and out of someone’s phone I have sent three and that being the case — looking at them — they are completely unacceptable, inappropriate. For that and for any offence I have caused I sincerely apologise. There is no excuse.
I did it in a period where I think I was under immense pressure and stress in terms of the relationships that were possibly not going too well at the football club. But that doesn’t excuse anything.
I’m a manager, a leader of people and it should not have happened. But before all that I’m a human being and I made a mistake.

Q: Do you accept that being under pressure at the time is not an excuse for this and people are wondering if the pressure has revealed the true Malky Mackay?
Mackay: There is no doubt that there is no acceptability with regards to being under pressure or not under pressure. I would humbly ask people to ask themselves the question if their own phone was taken and every private text was scrutinised there would certainly be an amount of embarrassing texts there for everyone.
I’ve been in a multi-cultural football environment for 20 years. I love British football and I’m no racist, I’m no sexist, I’m no homophobe and I’m not anti-Semitic. The people who know me know that. I understand that it is the people who don’t know me who I’ve got to convince of that.

Q: Have you a message for the people who have been greatly offended by these texts?
Mackay: Absolutely. I’m someone who is sincerely apologetic for the three texts that I did write. It was wrong [but it’s not] something that I feel is in my character in the last 40 years... anyone who knows me knows it’s a mistake I’ve made.

Q: You say three texts. There were more than three mentioned in the newspaper. Are you saying you didn’t send them all?
Mackay: Well, it was someone else’s phone that a vast array of texts, over 10,000, were lifted from.

Q: So you’re saying you received some of these texts?
Mackay: I’ve received some but the three I sent are the three I’m accountable for.

Q: It doesn’t reflect well on you or your associates. What have you learned about yourself and perhaps a process you may need to go through on the back of this to clear up your reputation?
Mackay: It’s certainly something I’ve been involved with speaking to my union about - asking about equality and diversity training. It’s something I’ll be going forward with. And also the organisations like Kick It Out and Stonewall to go and I suppose prove to people who don’t know me that I am someone who is passionate about football and not someone that this is actually who I am.

Q: Cardiff City have said today that you have known about the texts for a number of months now and have suggested that the LMA has been complicit. Why have you not said anything about this until now?
Mackay: Well, there is an FA investigation going on and I’m 100 per cent confident that investigation will show that I have absolutely no wrongdoing in terms of transfers at the football club. I have (also) signed a non-disclosure agreement with Cardiff City. I will also make sure I comply with the FA investigation to the letter of the law.

Q: Do you expect to be able to work with black people again, with gay footballers again?
Mackay: I certainly hope I’m given that opportunity. I think the last 20 years working with a huge diversity of ethnicity, colour and creed of people who I have come across in that period of time and that many people who have had dealings with me would show that.

Q: How much do you regret the LMA apology in your name?
Mackay: I’ve certainly never said the word banter. That’s not something I feel it was. I think the overall statement was very, very accurate. I agree that word is wrong and the LMA soon realised that.

Q: You say it’s accurate but the tone seemed to trivialise the story. Do you accept that that was totally wrong to almost play it down?
Mackay: I think a lot of that statement was fact and various parts which showed absolute contrition on my part. The LMA have a long-standing reputation in the game. Every manager in the country backs the LMA and Richard Bevan and the good work that they do. They realise they made a mistake quickly and changed it quickly.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' MALKY MACKAYS TV APOLOGY IN HIS OWN WORDS '

Postby JAWS » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:47 pm

More emails have come to light since his interview,he's a lying tw*t and him and moody are fucked.
JAWS

Postby Stan-QPR » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:10 am

JAWS wrote:More emails have come to light since his interview,he's a lying tw*t and him and moody are fucked.

What emails mate?
Stan-QPR

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:59 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
JAWS wrote:More emails have come to light since his interview,he's a lying tw*t and him and moody are fucked.

What emails mate?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146277
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Jules » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:08 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:

What emails mate?

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 2&t=146277

O Dear O Dear. methinks we are going to be drip-fed this for weeks.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby Jasonccfc » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:23 am

Piss off mackay you rat
Jasonccfc

Postby Stan-QPR » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:37 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:

What emails mate?

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 2&t=146277

Deary me. Thanks
Stan-QPR

Postby mr'mogreenz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:43 am

I think malky should now consider taking a leaf out of Moody's book and keep his mouth shut until everything is out in the open. Seems like he's just digging an even deeper hole for himself. Every time he makes an apology and statement, more texts get "leaked" I'd keep my mouthzipped for the time being if I was him
mr'mogreenz

Postby Stan-QPR » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:04 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:I think malky should now consider taking a leaf out of Moody's book and keep his mouth shut until everything is out in the open. Seems like he's just digging an even deeper hole for himself. Every time he makes an apology and statement, more texts get "leaked" I'd keep my mouthzipped for the time being if I was him

Make you right mate. Seemed very early to be doing tv interviews. Naive & badly advised.

Tan is not stupid. I think he has a lot more & as soon as Malky opens is gob he will instruct others to drip feed in more revelations making him look even worse.

No comment should be the only words coming from Mackay at this present time.
Stan-QPR

Postby Military Junta » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:08 am

Sorry but I can't see anything new here
Military Junta

Postby DrDre » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:16 am

Military Junta wrote:Sorry but I can't see anything new here

:laughing5: please stop it, you're cracking me up!! :notworthy: :notworthy:
DrDre

Postby AlwaysBBlue » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:23 am

you're right, Malky is still a racist and a liar...nothing new :thumbright:
AlwaysBBlue

Postby Military Junta » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:20 am

DrDre wrote:

So do you know what three he's talking about then ?

Mackay: I’ve received some but the three I sent are the three I’m accountable for.
Military Junta

Postby AlwaysBBlue » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Military Junta wrote:
DrDre wrote:

So do you know what three he's talking about then ?

turns out its 4 now.

was 2, then 3, then 4. how many is too many?
AlwaysBBlue

Postby Fergy1927 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:01 pm

You are so intelligent it blinds me.

You are trying to be the new Roath Magic but you are not clever, rich or successful.
Fergy1927

Postby DrDre » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:07 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:

You are so intelligent it blinds me.

You are trying to be the new Roath Magic but you are not clever, rich or successful.

that's not fair! He might be rich! :laughing6:
DrDre

Return to General Chat