Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A REASON WHY WE DIDN'T TOUCH THE SUBJECT MONTHS AGO

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Many will have wondered why Annis or I didn't put out what we were told months ago regarding Malky Mackay and Iain Moody.

For the record we were informed before the end of last season that the club were in possession of a copy of texts and emails that were on phones and computers that were property of the club, which were of a racist nature.

Iain Moody was the person I was told that sent texts to Mackay that referred to Vincent Tan as 'the slanty eyed chinky' and that there were other texts that were demeaning to African players.

We were told at the time that Malky had not used the terms himself but at the same time did not put a stop to these types of texts he was receiving from his head of recruitment Iain Moody.

I was contacted once by a mutual contact, when Malky was still our manager but after Iain Moody had been sacked and the request was by Malky Mackay asking myself to remove a thread alleging that Mackay and Moody were on the take.

When Mackay and Moody apologised to Vincent Tan, it was reiterated to me that it was regarding the texts and emails that we were told about months previously.

On May 22nd this year we received an email from Iain Moody who was threatening this forum with action from his solicitors over a particular thread called 'Malky and Moody take note'.

I have told people face to face the reasons that I was told that pair were sacked but it was not a subject I wished to become involved in on an internet message board and I still stand by the decision not to get involved.

I hope by showing this email below people will appreciate how careful this site had to be on issues that we were only told about but never actually seen any evidence.

Date:22/05/2014 07:35 (GMT+00:00)
To: admin@cardiffcityforum.co.uk
Subject: Libellous content

Dear administrator

I am writing to bring your attention to postings on your website which defame me with totally unsubstantiated and libellous allegations under the thread 'Malky and Moody take note'.

Unless they are removed with immediate effect, I will have no choice but to instruct my lawyers to initiate legal proceedings seeking substantial damages.

Your website frequently publishes information of this nature and is therefore under constant supervision by my lawyers.

I have no intention of suppressing debate or of trying to delete criticism of my work but there is a big difference between claiming we made a signing which didn't work out and claiming we did it for personal gain.

Yours sincerely

Iain Moody
Sent from my iPhone

Re: A REASON WHY WE DIDN'T TOUCH THE SUBJECT MONTHS AGO

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:56 pm

cheers Carl, that explains a lot :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:07 pm

Thanks for sharing that carlccfc, completely understandable.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Yep, nice one carl

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Thanks for that Carl.

That really sums up Moody as a person.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Is it just me or is Moody really trying to hide something?

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:13 pm

Totally understandable Carl, why you never got involved,this sums up Moody.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:14 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:Is it just me or is Moody really trying to hide something?

Cal, I can see him being done for fraud.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:16 pm

I was told that Malky Mackay never sent texts himself but received them.

What has become public in the past couple of days obviously changes that.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:17 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:

me too, i think Malky is far to sly, and if push comes to shove will stab him in the back.......creepy tw*t

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:32 pm

jackmadandbad wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:

me too, i think Malky is far to sly, and if push comes to shove will stab him in the back.......creepy tw*t

You don't threaten someone on a messageboard for spreading things if it's not true! The fact the email says my lawyers are watching you closely shows he's hiding something!

If he was completely innocent, he'd laugh it off!

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:34 pm

jackmadandbad wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:

I can see Moody ending up with all the blame and Malky walking free of fraud.
Moody would of been fuming after his sacking by Tan and bombarded Malky with texts.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:34 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
jackmadandbad wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:

You don't threaten someone on a messageboard for spreading things if it's not true! The fact the email says my lawyers are watching you closely shows he's hiding something!

If he was completely innocent, he'd laugh it off!

Moody is guilty and Tan knew it.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:41 pm

Their both in it together,if one goes down they both go.Malkys changing his story by the hour.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:42 pm

I really hope your Mr Tan takes this Moody clown to the cleaners.

Comes across as a right smarmy, sneaky, c*nt.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:44 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I really hope your Mr Tan takes this Moody clown to the cleaners.

And Malky

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:46 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I really hope your Mr Tan takes this Moody clown to the cleaners.

Don't forget Malky, not only a racist now - but a liar.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:49 pm

Moody is the fall guy, MM is totally responsible........

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:55 pm

So his lawyers are "watching" this forum, but he sent an email himself to tell you to remove claims made about him? Hilarious. What a knob that guy is.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:02 am

Our club is once again starting to become a laughing stock, we need Solskjaer to get the results on the pitch,so the media and fans can start talking about us for the right reasons :ayatollah: :ole:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:07 am

Lads I don't think you're club is coming across as a laughing stock at all.

If anything you are coming across ruthless & not prepared to be taken the piss out of & rightly so.

Yes it's unfortunate as all focus should be on the league campaign but I'm absolutely certain it will be. This has nothing to do with OGS or his squad & I'm sure they'll just get on with their jobs.

Not a great fan of your owner but in this instance a massive well done. Served this dish of revenge up ice cold. Now let the two perpetrators deal with their actions.

Karma.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:12 am

I'm agreed with Stan-QPR - this ain't reflecting poorly on the club at all. If anything, we are coming across as victims of Malky and Moody.

Personally, I'm glad people are seeing us take a stand. But nothing I have read has focused on us as a club, unlike last seasons media coverage. We aren't even getting mentioned by name that often in these emails, and when we are it's just as their employers at the time who were unaware what was happening.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:43 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Lads I don't think you're club is coming across as a laughing stock at all.

If anything you are coming across ruthless & not prepared to be taken the piss out of & rightly so.

Yes it's unfortunate as all focus should be on the league campaign but I'm absolutely certain it will be. This has nothing to do with OGS or his squad & I'm sure they'll just get on with their jobs.

Not a great fan of your owner but in this instance a massive well done. Served this dish of revenge up ice cold. Now let the two perpetrators deal with their actions.

Karma.

Exactly, well done Tan.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:11 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Lads I don't think you're club is coming across as a laughing stock at all.

Karma.

Nice to know how it is seen outside the club, I agree he does seem Ruthless :thumbup:

Dear Iain Moody's Lawyers

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:51 am

Morning! :D

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:20 am

carlccfc wrote:Many will have wondered why Annis or I didn't put out what we were told months ago regarding Malky Mackay and Iain Moody.

For the record we were informed before the end of last season that the club were in possession of a copy of texts and emails that were on phones and computers that were property of the club, which were of a racist nature.

Iain Moody was the person I was told that sent texts to Mackay that referred to Vincent Tan as 'the slanty eyed chinky' and that there were other texts that were demeaning to African players.

We were told at the time that Malky had not used the terms himself but at the same time did not put a stop to these types of texts he was receiving from his head of recruitment Iain Moody.

I was contacted once by a mutual contact, when Malky was still our manager but after Iain Moody had been sacked and the request was by Malky Mackay asking myself to remove a thread alleging that Mackay and Moody were on the take.

When Mackay and Moody apologised to Vincent Tan, it was reiterated to me that it was regarding the texts and emails that we were told about months previously.

On May 22nd this year we received an email from Iain Moody who was threatening this forum with action from his solicitors over a particular thread called 'Malky and Moody take note'.

I have told people face to face the reasons that I was told that pair were sacked but it was not a subject I wished to become involved in on an internet message board and I still stand by the decision not to get involved.

I hope by showing this email below people will appreciate how careful this site had to be on issues that we were only told about but never actually seen any evidence.

Dear administrator

I am writing to bring your attention to postings on your website which defame me with totally unsubstantiated and libellous allegations under the thread 'Malky and Moody take note'.

Unless they are removed with immediate effect, I will have no choice but to instruct my lawyers to initiate legal proceedings seeking substantial damages.

Your website frequently publishes information of this nature and is therefore under constant supervision by my lawyers.

I have no intention of suppressing debate or of trying to delete criticism of my work but there is a big difference between claiming we made a signing which didn't work out and claiming we did it for personal gain.

Yours sincerely

Iain Moody
Sent from my iPhone

Carl,

Thanks for sharing this.

1) I totally understand and respect you not communicating what was shared with you by the club with regard to texts.

2) However, when a non- Cardiff employee threatens legal action against the forum (or its participants), I believe you were entirely entitled to forward his communication to the forum, at least in order to protect other forum users.

On a positive note it is good the club take notice of what is said on here.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:44 am

carlccfc wrote:Many will have wondered why Annis or I didn't put out what we were told months ago regarding Malky Mackay and Iain Moody.

Dear administrator

Yours sincerely

Iain Moody
Sent from my iPhone

I understand from a forum point of view but since you known all this why have you and annis been sticking up for malky and Moody? Is it just the beat tan with over the rebrand ,the text messages are not the reason Why they were sacked these come out a few months later ,did you gone along with saying nothing cause it would shown the club to be right ?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:54 am

[quote="carlccfc"]Many will have wondered why Annis or I didn't put out what we were told months ago regarding Malky Mackay and Iain Moody.

Dear administrator

Yours sincerely

Iain Moody
Sent from my iPhone
[ BUT CARL AND ANNIS STILL DEFENDED MALKY MONTH AFTER THEY NEW WHAT HE HAD DONE SHAMEFUL

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:57 am

Carl i can obviously see how hard it is to run this forum, and i think we all forget that we dont see everything that goes on behind the scene.

Its definitely about striking the correct balance. You do give VT credit for what hes done, and stick about the badge and change of colours.

But i really agree with Wez, why stick up for them all this time? I know you said you didnt know Malky was the sender, but you knew he was involved in at least receiving these. You didnt have to attack or defend Malky, just refuse to comment since you knew a little more than the rest of us. It might take the fun out of the forum for you, but surely as a MOD the forum is now over into the % of work more than a hobby.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:59 am

THIS. Why defend someone you knew were guilty? :roll:
By the way Carl, you can post what you like about Moody now, his solicitors will be too busy to watch this forum :thumbup: