Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Gazza What A mess

Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:59 pm

the man is on borrowed time now.

rationality and clear thinking goes out of the window when you have severe mental health issues like gazza has. because of the way he is mentally, he only thinks short term, of the next drink, and not long term. he has serious issues and his track record suggests that this is not a battle he will win.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:16 pm

Congratulations on twelve years sober mate.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:13 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Congratulations on twelve years sober mate.

thank you mate.i cant send pm.s on here.i hope things work out for you pal.if you ever want to speak annis and nukes have my number.its a horrible illness but there is a way out .best wishes to you and yours

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:29 pm

jtc wrote:

thank you mate.i cant send pm.s on here.i hope things work out for you pal.if you ever want to speak annis and nukes have my number.its a horrible illness but there is a way out .best wishes to you and yours

fantastic stuff JTC, it says a lot about your character that you have moved forwards in such a positive way, ignore the ignorant / uneducated on this thread, they really aren't worth stressing about.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:04 pm

Yes, congrats jtc and good luck to you ely boy.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:55 am

Great post jtc.im 7 years sober thanks to aa and the 12 steps.it helps me cope with life, im going through lung cancer at the moment and having a drink and feeling sorry for myself hasnt entered my head thanks too the support I get from people in and out of the fellowship and what I have lernt in aa.i have a great life today and go to the match and gigs etc and enjoy them and life more than I ever did on the sauce.
I hope gazza gets the message before its too late for him, I have seen a few people die of this illness and its not a nice way to go.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:31 am

jtc wrote:alcoholism is a illness.it,s mental and physical.if i put a drink in me its like iv no off switch.so if it i dont drink it cannot be triggered.the mental part is a obsession.when to drink,?how ?,where can i get the dollar ?.even how can i not drink.?the mental obsession is what needs smashing.no amount of care/rehab will work if someone really doesnt want to stop.even if someone is locked up if the obsession of the mind isnt smashed then on release that person will drink.iv saw it time and time again.i went to a 12 step fellowship .nearly 12 year sober now.praise the lord.gaza has been sober over the last few years.the problem is he relapases.the 12 step program is supposed to chamge the way you see the world.if my heart and mind hadnt changed during the last 12 year im pretty sure id have drunk again.iv had worse things happen to me since i was sober than before.its just i see it different now.thankfully iv never wanted to drink .i know life throws up it,s problems.today i can deal with it.just the same as most non alcoholics do.i pray for gazza.a lad of my generation.greatest english footballer iv ever saw.a lovely lad as well from what iv heard.godbless gazza

Here here jeff and well done pal :thumbup:

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:30 am

clemoslovechild wrote:Great post jtc.im 7 years sober thanks to aa and the 12 steps.it helps me cope with life, im going through lung cancer at the moment and having a drink and feeling sorry for myself hasnt entered my head thanks too the support I get from people in and out of the fellowship and what I have lernt in aa.i have a great life today and go to the match and gigs etc and enjoy them and life more than I ever did on the sauce.
I hope gazza gets the message before its too late for him, I have seen a few people die of this illness and its not a nice way to go.

yes,it,s agood life we have my friend.i go to football and gigs too.in fact i can do anything i want but drink.i dont want to so it isnt a problem.it will be 12 yr nov for me.you done great mate.hope everything works out well for you with the lung cancer.yr attitude is spot on mate.a inspiration .i go to church too as well as the fellowship.i go into prisons a lot.that certainly brought things home to me.there are lads in there doing time for offences that i have done similar to but never got a tug for..but for the grace of god.godbless you and yr family my friend

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:40 am

some great posts on here.as a recovered alcoholic i fully understand why people would think it a self inflicted problem.to some extent it is even though medically it is classed as a illness.the thing about alcohoism is that if a person wants to recover then help is available.the person has to want it though.recovery cannot be imposed on people.it dont work.im sure there are many illnesses that people would give a kings ramsom to recover from...unfortunatly this sometimes isnt possible.im glad it was alcoholism that i suffered from.there is a way out if it is seeked with honesty openmindedness and willingness.i feel very fortunate that there is a solution.godbless everyone on aamb.k.r.o \0/

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:21 am

My drug of choice was whatever you were having...a pint of Bow, a gram of Charlie, half ounce of grass or my all time Favorite Heroin.
In the end it all caught up with me and on NYE 2000 I said to myself I can't do this no more.
I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.........
....it took me 9 months from where gazza is now to getting my one day clean.
Hopefully I will be 14 years clean and sober on the 14th of next month. :ayatollah:

Oh and I was a huge Benson & Hedges junkie and I stopped a 40 a day habit 12years ago.

Right now I'm in a all inclusive hotel in Turkey where every drink under the sun is free and I'm happy as Larry...
.. with my sparkling water.

I hope gazza gets back on track...but for the grace of god go I

Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:50 pm

Hoochie Coochie Blues wrote:My drug of choice was whatever you were having...a pint of Bow, a gram of Charlie, half ounce of grass or my all time Favorite Heroin.
In the end it all caught up with me and on NYE 2000 I said to myself I can't do this no more.
Hopefully I will be 14 years clean and sober on the 14th of next month. :ayatollah:

Oh and I was a huge Benson & Hedges junkie and I stopped a 40 a day habit 12years ago.

Right now I'm in a all inclusive hotel in Turkey where every drink under the sun is free and I'm happy as Larry...

:ayatollah: :thumbup: top banana mate.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:43 pm

Cheers lads. I've not been really bad for years. My life is good but there's always the possibility of slipping. That's the thing with this addiction, it never goes away.

Always had an addictive personality, just grateful I've never tried hard drugs or I think I'd be dead by now.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:43 pm

jtc wrote:
Hoochie Coochie Blues wrote:My drug of choice was whatever you were having...a pint of Bow, a gram of Charlie, half ounce of grass or my all time Favorite Heroin.

:ayatollah: :thumbup: top banana mate.

Great to hear mate

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:45 pm

clemoslovechild wrote:Great post jtc.im 7 years sober thanks to aa and the 12 steps.it helps me cope with life, im going through lung cancer at the moment and having a drink and feeling sorry for myself hasnt entered my head thanks too the support I get from people in and out of the fellowship and what I have lernt in aa.i have a great life today and go to the match and gigs etc and enjoy them and life more than I ever did on the sauce.

Hope you get over the cancer asap mate and congratulations on the sobriety.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:46 pm

jtc wrote:

Thanks mate, as I said I've not been really bad for a while. My bodybuilding and training is my new addiction now thankfully. Appreciate the thought thanks mate

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Yes, congrats jtc and good luck to you ely boy.

Thanks mate

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:52 pm

image.jpg
Go on Ely boy just one it won't hurt,you know you want to
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:17 pm

Scoobybloo wrote:
image.jpg
Go on Ely boy just one it won't hurt,you know you want to

Misery loves company. :wave: