Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky deserves a second chance...

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Malky made a huge mistake and what he said was wrong - there is no doubt about that.

But - genuine question - who here has never made a mistake or an offensive remark for that matter? Be that racist/homophobic/sexist or even just a generic insult, as either a "joke" or a serious comment. Most people have, I would guess.

I don't genuinely believe Malky is a bad guy and I hope he gets a second chance one day to prove himself as a person and a manager, now that he's apologised.

I personally don't believe he took any "bungs". That's my own view but nobody on here knows for sure.

With regards to football, he says Cornelius was injured and needed time to settle, which may be true. Would have proven to be worth the money? I don't think so (in fact I don't know anybody that thinks so) but again, we can't know for sure.

I believe Medel and Caulker were quality signings for club - others disagree, particularly about Medel - and I also believe he would have kept us in the Premier League (judging by his record in the Championship and the fact that we were outside the relegation zone when he left) - again many seem to disagree, and again we'll never know for sure.

But either way, surely getting us promoted and to a Carling Cup final was more than enough to earn him our fans' respect AS A MANAGER. Whether or not you respect him as a person is a different matter.

My point is that, if in the future a chairman were to agree that as a manager he is good enough for that club, surely he deserves a second chance? I'll say it again, the texts he sent were WRONG, totally wrong, whether that was 3 or 300, but does he deserve to never work in football again because of it?

Re: Malky deserves a second chance...

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:11 pm

So let's forget about the texts and emails , what about the agents fees paid on transfers and some agents paid who weren't involved in the deals !!! You now saying he didn't know that was happening !!!! Get real he knew all along and his interview on Ssn just shows how guilty he is .

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:11 pm

On the Cornelius signing, at the time there were a lot of clubs praising us for signing him. He was one of the top rated young strikers in Europe and his injury certainly set him back. Plus, you look at £8m compared to other players who have gone for more. It wasn't that outrageous.

I have my own opinion on the other aspects in your post though and will save them for another time because I am too short on time right now. What Malky said was stupid. It's clear he's not a genuine racist, sexist, or homophobe but that's how these problems spread... through ignorance and stupidity.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:18 pm

d20 wrote:So let's forget about the texts and emails , what about the agents fees paid on transfers and some agents paid who weren't involved in the deals !!! You now saying he didn't know that was happening !!!! Get real he knew all along and his interview on Ssn just shows how guilty he is .

Where have I said forget about the texts and emails? I said they were totally wrong, but everyone has made a mistake in their life, do they not deserve a second chance?

I ask again - who can genuinely say they've never made an offensive comment of any kind?

As for the agent fees, none of us know for sure what they were and whether they were appropriate or not. Malky has denied he took any bungs, and to date there's no evidence that he did. But as I say, who knows, it's all speculation.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:21 pm

Zabier wrote:On the Cornelius signing, at the time there were a lot of clubs praising us for signing him. He was one of the top rated young strikers in Europe and his injury certainly set him back. Plus, you look at £8m compared to other players who have gone for more. It wasn't that outrageous.

I have my own opinion on the other aspects in your post though and will save them for another time because I am too short on time right now. What Malky said was stupid. It's clear he's not a genuine racist, sexist, or homophobe but that's how these problems spread... through ignorance and stupidity.

I agree, £8m in modern football is not as ridiculous as some suggest. I repeat that I don't believe he would have proven to be good enough but we cannot know for sure. Is 200 mins or whatever it was that he had, really enough to judge?

Again, I agree and I'm glad a lot of people are starting to see that it was a mistake but he is not a racist or even a bad guy for that matter. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:36 pm

I remember listening to Nigel Pearson at the time saying we had blown them out of the water for Cornelious.

He later revealed Leicester had agreed a deal before we came in to pay a 600k transfer fee and 6K a week in wages.

No wonder we blew them out of the water we paid 8 Million and 45K a week in wages.

And that's just on the Cornelious transfer, no wonder uncle Vinny wants to know where his money went and I don't blame him.

Time will tell so let's wait and see what comes out in the public domain, I am sure a few racist text or E Mails are just the tip of the iceberg.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:38 pm

He didn't make one mistake he made many about different races and genders he is know trying to worm out of it with the same smarmy press release with which he conned us for the length of his tenure

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:41 pm

I was never a big MM fan but neither do I think he should be hung strung and quartered for the obnoxious text messages. He has come out tonight with the apology and comments that he should have made yesterday. This post is far more sensible than some earlier comments you have made about Tan. The truth is that they (MM and VT) could not work together and despite them both doing good things at the club their hatred for each other has overshadowed everything else.
I did not like MMs style of football in the Premiership and I think he got quite a few things wrong.That said(with VTs financial help ) he took the Bluebirds up to the Premiership.
By the way I think that Cornelius can still prove that he is one for the future and I hope he does. But VT was right that 45k per week was ridiculous.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Depends what he did mate, if he's taken money from the club or turned a blind eye to moody doing it then he shod not work in football again.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Not for me, no.

Then again, I'm a person who rarely gives second chances!

I didn't see any genuine remorse from Malky yet either.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:48 pm

DrBlue wrote:Depends what he did mate, if he's taken money from the club or turned a blind eye to moody doing it then he shod not work in football again.

I totally agree with that, 100% !!!

But at the moment, that's no more than a rumour, and I genuinely believe he has not done that. If it ever turns out he has then he has let all the Cardiff fans who have stuck by him down badly.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:50 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Zabier wrote:On the Cornelius signing, at the time there were a lot of clubs praising us for signing him. He was one of the top rated young strikers in Europe and his injury certainly set him back. Plus, you look at £8m compared to other players who have gone for more. It wasn't that outrageous.

I agree, £8m in modern football is not as ridiculous as some suggest. I repeat that I don't believe he would have proven to be good enough but we cannot know for sure. Is 200 mins or whatever it was that he had, really enough to judge?

Again, I agree and I'm glad a lot of people are starting to see that it was a mistake but he is not a racist or even a bad guy for that matter. :ayatollah:

you need to get a grip and at leaast strart being 1% Cardiff.........this bloke cum scum,bag is rotten to the core,the enemy,,anti cardiff as it comes..........do you really think tan is THIS UPSET about 2 flaming texts?.......moodys house got searched ffs........happens to every ex employee at every firm...........

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:52 pm

by DrBlue » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Depends what he did mate, if he's taken money from the club or turned a blind eye to moody doing it then he shod not work in football again.
I know what I said, I was there when I said it.

Totally agree with the above. It goes without saying.
But I was listening to Clarke Carlisle on the radio who totally condemned the text messages (asI do) but said hed worked for a few years under MM . As a black ex player he said MM was not racist and was a decent bloke. But he needs to do a lot work to convince people now . Again I was not a big fan of MM but I wont totally condemn him for what has come out so far.
If it gets worse .... Then it will be a different story.
:thumbup:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:01 pm

According to you (OP), making a racist, sexist or homophobic comment does not make someone racist, sexist or homophobic. If someone tells lies, he's not a liar? If someone steals, he's not a thief? Come on now!

The only "mistake" MM made was getting caught. You don't mistakenly make racist comments. You say or write things which reflect your attitudes and values.

Spare a thought for players like Kenwynne Jones who now know that MM was, at best, poking fun behind their backs. How can anyone respect a manager like that?

On the subject of financial impropriety, do you seriously think that Malky dropped his compensation claim of millions because of some texts? Tan let him know that he had evidence of money not being spent correctly.

The one thing that has really disappointed me today is that some see the financial inconsistencies as being unforgivable yet want a second chance for the offensive comments.

Look what it's done to this forum. Less talk about football, more about an ex-manager who has reflected badly on the club at the very time when it has been a great start to the season. Charming.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:08 pm

I agree, give the guy some slack on the txt messages, who hasn't put things on txt and thought after, maybe should of worded that different.

He fought our cause when he was here, got us to top flight football.

Made some shocking transfers when we reached there, but what Cardiff manager hasn't , ok not with the cash he had though

Don't forget the million we paid for Andy Campbell, when we had no money to waste

But agree, if he had done anything , such as taking money from our club from transfers , then no place for him.

He and his family are paying the price on his texts / e mails , but it took a lot to go on Sky Sports earlier

Don't hang the man just yet

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Everyone deserves a second chance, hey look at Ched Evans. A convicted rapist who looks like being able to walk straight back into his old job. However, Malky Mackay was a manager of a professional football club. Who on earth is now going to give him a second chance? How could he go out and sign or coach black players or indeed players of any ethnic minority and command their respect? The guy is finished. There is no way back for him, and over the next few days once the enormity of the situation has sunk in, he will realize this. Not a good time for him at all.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:17 pm

a lot of these texts and emails came to light during the SEARCH of Moodys house........

who exactly was searching for what?........it wasnt racist text messages thats for sure.........and to get a search warrant you must show a very strong case for serious wrong doing.........
bloke was a tw*t end of...........

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:18 pm

You get a second chance when you come out of prison at the end of the day he hasn't murdered anyone he has made a lot of mistakes far better people than Malkay have done a lot worse .ill remember Malkay for taken us to wembley and getting us to the premier league you can't take that away from him.i do miss the chant lets al do the malkay

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:18 pm

This board is making us look bad at the moment with the amount of people trying to defend a rcaist just because he did a few fist pumps :malky: :roll:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:26 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
DrBlue wrote:Depends what he did mate, if he's taken money from the club or turned a blind eye to moody doing it then he shod not work in football again.

I totally agree with that, 100% !!!

But at the moment, that's no more than a rumour, and I genuinely believe he has not done that. If it ever turns out he has then he has let all the Cardiff fans who have stuck by him down badly.

those that stuck by him have left themselves ,the rest of us and the club down...its sickening tbh.......
why was tan so upset with him going back to last august..prior to moodys house being searched.
why was tan so set on sacking malky.........why was moodys house searched, are there really TEXT police that search houses and look at phones..............get behind the club..cos this last year of you anti cardiffs has been crap..

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:28 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:You get a second chance when you come out of prison at the end of the day he hasn't murdered anyone he has made a lot of mistakes far better people than Malkay have done a lot worse .ill remember Malkay for taken us to wembley and getting us to the premier league you can't take that away from him.i do miss the chant lets al do the malkay

I understand where your coming from, but your missing the point. Who exactly is going to be able to employ him as 'the gaffer'? No one! As I said above how could he coach players from ethnic minorities? Or will he build a team of 'whites only'? Tv pundit? Look what happened to Andy Gray and Richard Keys after a sexist comment! I appreciate what he did for Cardiff City, but the guy is well and truly cooked!

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:28 pm

U can't do racist texts and expect to keep yr job, if there are other things as well such as financial irregularities then he shld never work again in football.apology is too late.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Aramore wrote:This board is making us look bad at the moment with the amount of people trying to defend a rcaist just because he did a few fist pumps :malky: :roll:

Was It ever really a fist pump? Or something far more sinister? :laughing6:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/s ... sexist/#11

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:37 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:But either way, surely getting us promoted and to a Carling Cup final was more than enough to earn him our fans' respect AS A MANAGER. Whether or not you respect him as a person is a different matter.

While Malky was OUR MANAGER he was referring to colleagues and players in demeaning ways which also, by the evidence coming out, left a profound effect on some of them. Just look at Farah's posts. All evidence points to Malky being an arrogant racist homophobic anti-semitic bully, while he was OUR MANAGER and acting so whilst performing his MANAGERIAL DUTIES. I don't care if you like Malky as a person or not, but if you think he deserves respect AS A MANAGER you are clearly deluded!

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

64JACK wrote:
Aramore wrote:This board is making us look bad at the moment with the amount of people trying to defend a rcaist just because he did a few fist pumps :malky: :roll:

I bet you lot are loving this right now :lol:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:42 pm

People love it when people fall from grace. Great British public!!!!!

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:46 pm

You can't take away from him what he achieved for Cardiff City but he won't get another football job in this country for quite some time. It's abroad for him and celebrity big brother in a few years.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Millwallls next manager when gollum leaves or gets sacked

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Excellent post, totally agree with you

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:54 pm

Aramore wrote:
64JACK wrote:

I bet you lot are loving this right now :lol:

Actually I'm not. My personal opinion is that he hasn't done anything worse than 90% of posters on here or anyone in any walk of life have done at sometime. However wrong it is most have done it privately. His mistake being is that he was a manager of a professional football club and therefore in the position he was in cannot and should not have engaged of dialect of this kind. I've posted on the thread because people believe he should be given a second chance, yet they fail to understand where this second chance could possibly come from? No one is ever going to employ him in football again, in any capacity!