Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Racist Banter Bull$hit

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:29 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:The problem is that there is sometimes racism that genuinely goes on and it is right that this is dealt with but there are plenty of occasions where banter is targeted and wrongly labelled the same which it is not. If you hear any comedian on TV then they nearly always target a certain section of society for ridicule and that's what makes it funny.
We are all subjected to racism at some point in our lives and you only need to look at the sheep shagging chants we have to endure at some of our matches but we all don't start crying and running to the media do we?

that would be xenophobia.

the truth is though that the only racism that is frowned upon is those towards non whites. i personally would laugh off any racism that i, as a white male, would receive, as i am happy and proud of who i am. i wouldn't bother reporting any racism i may experience as it wouldn't be taken seriously as its not a black or asian person complaining.

i get what your saying, but surely thats because as a white man you accept the things that people say to you because thats the ONLY disadvantage of being white. where as other minoritys have so much else coupled with it; oppression and violence to name a few, that those words like chink, paki, nigger wtc carry a hell of a lot more weight than someone calling us taffs or sheep shaggers

Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:15 pm

That film 'White men can't jump'

Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:25 pm

Military Junta wrote:That film 'White men can't jump'

have you actually seen that film?

also read the last post? the title alone suggests "white men have nearly every advantage in the world, money, power prosperity...but there's one thing they dont have; much ability in basketball!"

so so offensive, really.

simple question Adam: Do you think racism is wrong yes or no?

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:23 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:

also read the last post? the title alone suggests "white men have nearly every advantage in the world, money, power prosperity...but there's one thing they dont have; much ability in basketball!"

so so offensive, really.

Yes us white men have all the advantages such as money and that's why we cant even afford to buy our own club and return it back to blue meanwhile the oppressed chink (Tan) has the very money, power and prosperity that you use in your skewed argument.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

so so offensive, really.

Yes us white men have all the advantages such as money and that's why we cant even afford to buy our own club and return it back to blue meanwhile the oppressed chink (Tan) has the very money, power and prosperity that you use in your silly argument.

im not talking about tan as in individual. im talking about races as a whole. please tell me you understand why racist words are racist, if not i fear for the country

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:26 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

so so offensive, really.

Yes us white men have all the advantages such as money and that's why we cant even afford to buy our own club and return it back to blue meanwhile the oppressed chink (Tan) has the very money, power and prosperity that you use in your silly argument.

im not talking about tan as in individual. im talking about races as a whole. please tell me you understand why racist words are racist, if not i fear for the country

further more im sure the number of white billionaires in this country far far FAR outweigh the number of billionaires of a different ethnic background. just because YOU cant afford to buy the club that doesnt mean that white people are in any way ad a disadvantage in our society, to suggest anything else is pure fantasy at best, propaganda at worst

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:50 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

so so offensive, really.

further more im sure the number of white billionaires in this country far far FAR outweigh the number of billionaires of a different ethnic background. just because YOU cant afford to buy the club that doesnt mean that white people are in any way ad a disadvantage in our society, to suggest anything else is pure fantasy at best, propaganda at worst

You are getting confused between poor manners and racism.
We get called (Brits) and I do not regard that as racist but more of an abbreviation of being British in the same way that I would call a Pakistani a Paki or a Japanese person a Jap. These are not racist terms but abbreviations. There have always been collective names for races such as chink or even a yank to describe an American but these are not racist but a term that is not very polite. Making such sweeping comments that persons uttering such names as being racist is quite frankly ridiculous.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:14 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

so so offensive, really.

You are getting confused between poor manners and racism.
We get called (Brits) and I do not regard that as racist but more of an abbreviation of being British in the same way that I would call a Pakistani a Paki or a Japanese person a Jap. These are not racist terms but abbreviations. There have always been collective names for races such as chink or even a yank to describe an American but these are not racist but a term that is not very polite. Making such sweeping comments that persons uttering such names as being racist is quite frankly ridiculous.

its about the connotations. brit and yank have positive or nutural connotations. chink clearly has negative ones.

shocking ignorance in this thread

Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Who kills more blacks in the world ? Yes blacks themselves. Who kills the most Muslims in the world ? Yes Muslims themselves.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:36 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Who kills more blacks in the world ? Yes blacks themselves. Who kills the most Muslims in the world ? Yes Muslims themselves.

oh that's ok then, let's go kill some blacks and Muslims, after all they're killing themselves so that's alright!

......and that's why this country's doomed!

Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:39 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
its about the connotations. brit and yank have positive or nutural connotations. chink clearly has negative ones.

It's like talking to 5 year olds.

Seriously, I remember having to explain to my five year old why he shouldn't call this little boy 'dark face'. It took him some time but he understood in the end. Which is more that some posters here.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:51 pm

DrDre wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

Seriously, I remember having to explain to my five year old why he shouldn't call this little boy 'dark face'. It took him some time but he understood in the end. Which is more that some posters here.

Christ chastising your lad for calling someone dark face. Just in case he uses the N word then there is an important distinction, Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "nigger". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.
NIGGER- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.
NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck.
Or an alternative view is A word used by blacks when it suits them to maintain racial seperation and dwell on events over one hundred years ago.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:53 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
DrDre wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

Christ chastising your lad for calling someone dark face. Just in case he uses the N word then there is an important distinction, Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "nigger". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.
NIGGER- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.
NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck.
Or an alternative view is A word used by blacks when it suits them to maintain racial seperation and dwell on events over one hundred years ago.

Hmmmmmm

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:31 pm

Balls of fury, knew I heard it somewhere.