Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Racist Banter Bull$hit

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Gaz777 wrote:The Chinese refer to whites as 'Gwylo' meaning white ghost. Black people call us white trash and honkeys, etc, and we all know what words are used to describe other races. In fact, you name me one country that does not slag another off when it comes down to it. Since time began, name calling is human nature and it will never ever change. Malky is no racist. Where's it all going to stop.
You called be a bitch, a slag, a dyke, fat boy, skinny runt, carrot head, big ears, no boobs, pubic hair head.....and so on. I'm occasionally offended, but I don't go running to the thought police! What a country we've become! We've gone completely insane and are no longer a free country with 'absolute freedom of speech. Malky's phone and emails should be private, but not in big brother state Britain - We're more like the old Soviet Union than the country I grew up in!!!

:old:

Someone posting sense at last.

From what I've heard the texts are no more than banter. The kind of thing you hear on a factory floor, or down the pub or even in a play ground. And if you think it doesn't go on in these places then your very naive. I'm not condoning it but it goes on and in most countries too.

All the Malky haters are loving this latest circus act to hit our club but it's just another chapter in Tans infamous reign.
This is personnal between the 2 and our clubs name is once again dragged through the mud.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:59 am

Penyfai Blue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:The Chinese refer to whites as 'Gwylo' meaning white ghost. Black people call us white trash and honkeys, etc, and we all know what words are used to describe other races. In fact, you name me one country that does not slag another off when it comes down to it. Since time began, name calling is human nature and it will never ever change. Malky is no racist. Where's it all going to stop.
You called be a bitch, a slag, a dyke, fat boy, skinny runt, carrot head, big ears, no boobs, pubic hair head.....and so on. I'm occasionally offended, but I don't go running to the thought police! What a country we've become! We've gone completely insane and are no longer a free country with 'absolute freedom of speech. Malky's phone and emails should be private, but not in big brother state Britain - We're more like the old Soviet Union than the country I grew up in!!!

From what I've heard the texts are no more than banter. The kind of thing you hear on a factory floor, or down the pub or even in a play ground. And if you think it doesn't go on in these places then your very naive. I'm not condoning it but it goes on and in most countries too.

All the Malky haters are loving this latest circus act to hit our club but it's just another chapter in Tans infamous reign.
This is personnal between the 2 and our clubs name is once again dragged through the mud.

i loved malky, and as a manager (results wise) he was our best ever.

but if you think this "banter" is acceptable then your bang out of line, and luckily more and more people agree on that, and less and less people accept it as just "banter" (that word has just turned in to an excuse in recent years)

someday soon attitudes like yours will die out and your ideals will be mocked, like when we didn't rate women highly enough to give them the vote or thought poor people didn't deserve healthcare and education.

enjoy it whilst it lasts, but you're relics now, and you're already being laughed at

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:20 am

MyNameIsAled wrote:
Stupidest shit I've read on this site since Annis defended Malky :lol:

Anyone who says stuff like "the Chinese" or "black people call us..." without realising how utterly abhorrent it is to generalise and group together billions of people as if they were one in an effort to make racist behaviour seem okay could probably do with keeping their mouth shut. Thankfully there's less and less people like you who seem so desperate to cling to excuses like "thought police" and "political correctness" to try and get away with using ignorant and hateful language.

Continue to fear change and the rest of the world will leave you behind without a second thought. It's moving a lot faster than you even know.

Oh and freedom of speech is not the freedom to say what you want without consequences. It's the right to communicate ideas which seeing as you won't be arrested for posting this means it is very much alive. Learn the difference you complete and utter moron.

Eloquently said! :thumbup:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:37 am

In Britain these days, people will do whatever they can to be offended anyway.

Aside from what Mackay supposedley said or put in emails, this country takes offence at almost everything nowadays.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:40 am

Arrested or called an complete and utter moron. Play the ball, Dre. Not the man.

It's better off course when everybody can happily coexist, but sometimes it happens that we are a part of a culture that tries to make it a strength to group others into a name. No need to destroy their future for that!!!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:01 am

Sweet titties wrote:Arrested or called an complete and utter moron. Play the ball, Dre. Not the man.

sorry, I've no idea what you're talking about. :?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:23 am

I'm terribly sorry, my bad, it should be directed to MyNameIsAled, whom you quoted.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:24 am

PtB wrote:In Britain these days, people will do whatever they can to be offended anyway.

Aside from what Mackay supposedley said or put in emails, this country takes offence at almost everything nowadays.

would you not consider what he said to be offensive then?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:38 am

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:

but if you think this "banter" is acceptable then your bang out of line, and luckily more and more people agree on that, and less and less people accept it as just "banter" (that word has just turned in to an excuse in recent years)

someday soon attitudes like yours will die out and your ideals will be mocked, like when we didn't rate women highly enough to give them the vote or thought poor people didn't deserve healthcare and education.

enjoy it whilst it lasts, but you're relics now, and you're already being laughed at

Try reading my post properly mate before getting on your high horse and accusing me of being racist, sexist or what ever else you want to throw at me.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:43 am

Help,my chromosomes are in a twist.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:52 am

Penyfai Blue wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:

Try reading my post properly mate before getting on your high horse and accusing me of being racist, sexist or what ever else you want to throw at me.

saying "im not condoning it" then defending it (regardless of weather its in a certain contect) means you sort of are condining it. personally i don't see how anyone can see this as anything other than sickening, obviously you (and a shrinking number of other people) disagree

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:57 am

PtB wrote:In Britain these days, people will do whatever they can to be offended anyway.

Spot on!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:25 am

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:

saying "im not condoning it" then defending it (regardless of weather its in a certain contect) means you sort of are condining it. personally i don't see how anyone can see this as anything other than sickening, obviously you (and a shrinking number of other people) disagree

I'm not defending it, what I'm saying is it goes on in all walks of life all over the world. But I also feel that we as a nation have become over sensitive on this subject.
Is calling a Welshman a Taffy or a sheep sh***er being racist. IMO that's just banter. But others might feel different.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:17 am

AlwaysBBlue wrote:

I didn't say or even suggest that.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:26 am

PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

i know, thats why i'm asking

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:32 am

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

Why does it matter?

If he said it to me i'd laugh at him, kick his balls & run like f**k.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:40 am

PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

Why does it matter?

thats great, really good that you'd do that

do you consider the messages to be offensive?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:51 am

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

Why does it matter?

They do not offend me. They may offend others. I could see why others involved would be offended. I fail to see why so many people not involved are offended.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:55 am

PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

Why does it matter?

They do not offend me. They may offend others. I could see why others involved would be offended. I fail to see why so many people not involved are offended.

theres a huge difference between being personally offended and recognising that something is offensive to say.

the word chink doesn't offend me personally as i'm not asian, but i know its offensive and would never refer to anyone by that word

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:58 am

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

Why does it matter?

theres a huge difference between being personally offended and recognising that something is offensive to say.

the word chink doesn't offend me personally as i'm not asian, but i know its offensive and would never refer to anyone by that word

Each to their own, every time i'm home I always go to my favourite chinkys for dinner. It's always been called that & nobody has ever suggested it's offensive there. One of the former owners(a Chinese man) used to tell us to get a good chinky tomorrow to cure the hangover.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:01 pm

PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

Why does it matter?

Each to their own, every time i'm hime I always go to my favourite chinkys for dinner. It's always been called that & nobody has ever suggested it's offensive there. One of the former owners(a Chinese man) used to tell us to get a good chinky tomorrow to cure the hangover.

so one chinese person (the one who you give presumably large amounts of money to) plays up to it and that makes it ok? thats alright then, i'll let the other 1,000,000,000 know, tell them to stop being concerned with racial slurs, and then we'll pop down the paki shop for some sugar shall we?

as i said before, these attitudes are dying out around you, history proves that. and i've no doubt that it will again

Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:03 pm

Penyfai Blue wrote:

thats fine having that attitude, but i've said it before, what would the LMA say if vincent tan called his manager (lets say it was paul ince), a 'nigger', and had a jewish player who was asking for too much money and called him a 'greedy jew'?

they'd be up in arms with all their holier than thou rubbish. their pathetic response shows that once one of their members does something that directly goes against all the 'we support diversity' etc etc, they doggedly ignore it and trivialise it.

saying something goes on all the time is no excuse, its missing the point. malky himself has acknowledged that.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:40 pm

In my view banter is a light hearted exchange of potentially abusive words between consenting and equal adults about each other in a way that neither party takes offence. If in private Moody calls Mackay a "Scottish twit" and receives a reply that he is an "English idiot" I believe that is OK as they are both consenting and equal. Likewise a man can call his wife a "silly woman" and her response is that he is a "foolish man", they may not be my choice of words but many people use such expressions with a sense of fun and endearment.

However, for Mackay and Moody to involve orientals, blacks, jews etc in their messages is completely unacceptable as it fails the consent test. They are just being racist.

For Mackay to use such terms to any of his players is also unacceptable as there is not an equal relationship, Mackay was in a position of authority and expected to set an example.

Similarly if a group of men make comments about women when there is a single woman present it is also likely to fail the equal test.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:39 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
PtB wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

Why does it matter?

Each to their own, every time i'm hime I always go to my favourite chinkys for dinner. It's always been called that & nobody has ever suggested it's offensive there. One of the former owners(a Chinese man) used to tell us to get a good chinky tomorrow to cure the hangover.

so one chinese person (the one who you give presumably large amounts of money to) plays up to it and that makes it ok? thats alright then, i'll let the other 1,000,000,000 know, tell them to stop being concerned with racial slurs, and then we'll pop down the paki shop for some sugar shall we?

as i said before, these attitudes are dying out around you, history proves that. and i've no doubt that it will again

£8.60 isn't a large amount of money once every 6 weeks.

I'm giving an example, you can let the rest know and go wherever you want for sugar.

I've never inown any Pakis object to their shop being called that. Not saying it's right but if the person involved doesn't have an issue with it then I can't see why others should have.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:07 pm

Gaz777 wrote:
LonCar wrote:Tell that to Adeyemi, Gaz. :roll:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnjnr5 ... dham_sport

i'd tell it to anybody mate and I have and they have totally understood. Because in the real world and not the lefty fairy world, there is prejudice and name calling in all ethnic groups and that pal is a fact! I'm not condoning it, but what i'm saying is that it is natural human behaviour the world over! Does name calling mean your a real racist like Adolf Hitler - i don't think it does.

there is not a scale from 1 to 10 on how racist you are , you either are or you`re not . Malkay is obviously a Racist amongst other things.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:58 pm

£8.60 isn't a large amount of money once every 6 weeks.

I'm giving an example, you can let the rest know and go wherever you want for sugar.

I've never inown any Pakis object to their shop being called that. Not saying it's right but if the person involved doesn't have an issue with it then I can't see why others should have.

good point, i'm sure if you'd ask vincent tan he wouldn't mind being called a chink :thumbright:

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:15 pm

What's the word Gwylo from? It's on a film.. sure I heard it before.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:40 am

I live in a country as a minority and the only thing I get called which could be slightly interpreted as negative is 'Mzungu' which means white person or foreigner. My black friends have never referred to me or any other white person with those slurs.

But if Malky is not a racist but used racial slurs as a part of humour and banter then to be honest that is even worse and shows a lack of character and dignity - especially in light of his position.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:04 am

The problem is that there is sometimes racism that genuinely goes on and it is right that this is dealt with but there are plenty of occasions where banter is targeted and wrongly labelled the same which it is not. If you hear any comedian on TV then they nearly always target a certain section of society for ridicule and that's what makes it funny.
We are all subjected to racism at some point in our lives and you only need to look at the sheep shagging chants we have to endure at some of our matches but we all don't start crying and running to the media do we?

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:10 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:The problem is that there is sometimes racism that genuinely goes on and it is right that this is dealt with but there are plenty of occasions where banter is targeted and wrongly labelled the same which it is not. If you hear any comedian on TV then they nearly always target a certain section of society for ridicule and that's what makes it funny.
We are all subjected to racism at some point in our lives and you only need to look at the sheep shagging chants we have to endure at some of our matches but we all don't start crying and running to the media do we?

that would be xenophobia.

the truth is though that the only racism that is frowned upon is those towards non whites. i personally would laugh off any racism that i, as a white male, would receive, as i am happy and proud of who i am. i wouldn't bother reporting any racism i may experience as it wouldn't be taken seriously as its not a black or asian person complaining.