Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Racist Banter Bull$hit

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:40 pm

The Chinese refer to whites as 'Gwylo' meaning white ghost. Black people call us white trash and honkeys, etc, and we all know what words are used to describe other races. In fact, you name me one country that does not slag another off when it comes down to it. Since time began, name calling is human nature and it will never ever change. Malky is no racist. Where's it all going to stop.
You called be a bitch, a slag, a dyke, fat boy, skinny runt, carrot head, big ears, no boobs, pubic hair head.....and so on. I'm occasionally offended, but I don't go running to the thought police! What a country we've become! We've gone completely insane and are no longer a free country with 'absolute freedom of speech. Malky's phone and emails should be private, but not in big brother state Britain - We're more like the old Soviet Union than the country I grew up in!!!

:old:

Re: Racist Banter Bull$hit

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Difference is that Malky is deemed as being in a position of respect and trust.

To the younger players he's essentially a teacher or father figure and shouldn't be throwing out racism for fun.

Banter is an incredibly useful tool for people to disguise their ignorance and often genuine feelings towards issues such as religion, race, disability and sexuality.

Using banter as an excuse for racism towards younger players is like a rapist saying it wasn't rape just surprise sex.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Gaz777 wrote:The Chinese refer to whites as 'Gwylo' meaning white ghost. Black people call us white trash and honkeys, etc, and we all know what words are used to describe other races. In fact, you name me one country that does not slag another off when it comes down to it. Since time began, name calling is human nature and it will never ever change. Malky is no racist. Where's it all going to stop.
You called be a bitch, a slag, a dyke, fat boy, skinny runt, carrot head, big ears, no boobs, pubic hair head.....and so on. I'm occasionally offended, but I don't go running to the thought police! What a country we've become! We've gone completely insane and are no longer a free country with 'absolute freedom of speech. Malky's phone and emails should be private, but not in big brother state Britain - We're more like the old Soviet Union than the country I grew up in!!!

no mate, saying racist things is racist end of.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:12 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:The Chinese refer to whites as 'Gwylo' meaning white ghost. Black people call us white trash and honkeys, etc, and we all know what words are used to describe other races. In fact, you name me one country that does not slag another off when it comes down to it. Since time began, name calling is human nature and it will never ever change. Malky is no racist. Where's it all going to stop.

That's your opinion. I disagree!

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

literally the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

if as a human you have to use someones race or ethnicity to refer, describe or discredit someone then you are either:
1) thick as shit
2) evil and racist.

and the "others do it too" argument is a big load of shit as well because
1) no they dont, not in the capacity you're implying
2) it doesnt make it ok (didnt your mum ever teach you that?)

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:28 pm

Thats like being half pregnant - wrong is wrong

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:31 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

if as a human you have to use someones race or ethnicity to refer, describe or discredit someone then you are either:
1) thick as shit
2) evil and racist.

I don't go around calling people names. I have asian friends and black ones, but what I'm saying if someone called me a white prat and he was black, then I would not class him racist. Name calling does not make people racists!

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:42 pm

Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

1) thick as shit
2) evil and racist.

I don't go around calling people names. I have asian friends and black ones, but what I'm saying if someone called me a white prat and he was black, then I would not class him racist. Name calling does not make people racists!

then you are massively part of the problem.

of course YOU wouldnt mind, you don't have hundreds of years of prejudice behind it!

as a white male you have no idea about how racial prejudice feels. so don't say "because i don't mind, why should a black person or a jew mind?"

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:12 pm

fine, if you think its not that serious thats your view.

imagine the storm that would happen if there was proven racist comments against a member of the LMA (a manager) from a chairman? they'd soon change their tune.

either it is ok or it isn't. it isn't, and the LMA are blindly defending their manager like they always do, as i said before they would be frothing at the mouth if it was the other way around!

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Tell that to Adeyemi, Gaz. :roll:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnjnr5 ... dham_sport

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:07 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

1) thick as shit
2) evil and racist.

of course YOU wouldnt mind, you don't have hundreds of years of prejudice behind it!

as a white male you have no idea about how racial prejudice feels. so don't say "because i don't mind, why should a black person or a jew mind?"

You are totally naive mate if you think white males don't get prejudice in this country. In many asian and ethnic areas where whites are now minorities there is a lot of prejudice against whites and I have experienced it myself!

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:11 pm

LonCar wrote:Tell that to Adeyemi, Gaz. :roll:

i'd tell it to anybody mate and I have and they have totally understood. Because in the real world and not the lefty fairy world, there is prejudice and name calling in all ethnic groups and that pal is a fact! I'm not condoning it, but what i'm saying is that it is natural human behaviour the world over! Does name calling mean your a real racist like Adolf Hitler - i don't think it does.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Gaz777 wrote:

i'd tell it to anybody mate and I have and they have totally understood. Because in the real world and not the lefty fairy world, there is prejudice and name calling in all ethnic groups and that pal is a fact! I'm not condoning it, but what i'm saying is that it is natural human behaviour the world over! Does name calling mean you're a real racist like Adolf Hitler - i don't think it does.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Gaz777 wrote:

i'd tell it to anybody mate and I have and they have totally understood. Because in the real world and not the lefty fairy world, there is prejudice and name calling in all ethnic groups and that pal is a fact! I'm not condoning it, but what i'm saying is that it is natural human behaviour the world over! Does name calling mean your a real racist like Adolf Hitler - i don't think it does.

These are real people with feelings. Its nothing to do leftie fairy world, common human decency doesnt have a political colour so you don't get to use that PC excuse

Adeyemi was reduced to tears because of "banter" you think is perfectly acceptable. Put yourself in someone else shoes instead of defending your antiquated world view.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

1) thick as shit
2) evil and racist.

You are totally naive mate if you think white males don't get prejudice in this country. In many asian and ethnic areas where whites are now minorities there is a lot of prejudice against whites and I have experienced it myself!

so have i, in the most minor way possible.

and if i'd known you just spout out daily mail shit i wouldnt have entered in to the debate in the first instance

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:34 pm

So very true mate. But many are convinced only white people can ever be racist. But that's there opinion.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:36 pm

LonCar wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:

These are real people with feelings. Its nothing to do leftie fairy world, common human decency doesnt have a political colour so you don't get to use that PC excuse

Adeyemi was reduced to tears because of "banter" you think is perfectly acceptable. Put yourself in someone else shoes instead of defending your antiquated world view.

PC i'm not! As I said, I don't condone name calling, but at the same time I don't think it should be a criminal offence either. I've been called a lot in my time, but i don't cry about it. There are too many people who take offence at the slightest and use it to their advantage. The bottom line is Malky's conversation was private and no body else's business, but of course we are living in a country that no longer respects privacy and absolute freedom of speech! You either have freedom of speech and the right to privacy or you don't - we are now a country that has neither!!!

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Gaz777 wrote:
LonCar wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:

PC i'm not! As I said, I don't condone name calling, but at the same time I don't think it should be a criminal offence either. I've been called a lot in my time, but i don't cry about it. There are too many people who take offence at the slightest and use it to their advantage. The bottom line is Malky's conversation was private and no body else's business, but of course we are living in a country that no longer respects privacy and absolute freedom of speech! You either have freedom of speech and the right to privacy or you don't - we are now a country that has neither!!!

it was from one work phone to another...its not private and never was

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:47 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
LonCar wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:

I couldn't care less if it was one work phone to another, or someone eavesdropped their conversation - it was private between 2 people.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
LonCar wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:

I couldn't care less if it was one work phone to another, or someone eavesdropped their conversation - it was private between 2 people.

no, you're wrong, if you're company give you a phone its for work conversations not private conversations, the employees who use it do so with the knowledge that the content of those messages can be checked at any time to insure the devises are being used with a legitimate business need (i.e. not slandering koreans and jews). end of

so it doesnt matter weather or not you care, if the communication is with employer property it is NOT considered private.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:13 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
LonCar wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:

no, you're wrong, if you're company give you a phone its for work conversations not private conversations, the employees who use it do so with the knowledge that the content of those messages can be checked at any time to insure the devises are being used with a legitimate business need (i.e. not slandering koreans and jews). end of

so it doesnt matter weather or not you care, if the communication is with employer property it is NOT considered private.

Have you seen Malky's contract regarding phone calls? :lol:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
LonCar wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:

no, but id imagine its the same as every other company phone contract in the country though...why wouldn't it be?

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Right there is what is wrong with this world.

This is not a subject for opinions, its not like picking your line up for tomorrows game.

Racism is racism whatever culture is being oppressed. It doesn't make it any more acceptable because other cultures also us racial slurs.

Everything you said is wrong and you know it yourself.

Why else would you ACTIVELY give the racial slurs used by other cultures to represent the white man and then PURPOSELY avoid using the words that are used to represent blacks and other races.

Every Bigot out there is now throwing around the word 'banter' and using it to hide their archaic views.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:23 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
LonCar wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:

no, but id imagine its the same as every other company phone contract in the country though...why wouldn't it be?

God knows, but I'd imagine Tan wouldn't lose any sleep if he phoned his wife or ordered pizza everyday on the company phone.
:laughing5:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:28 pm

Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:
LonCar wrote:
Gaz777 wrote:

God knows, but I'd imagine Tan wouldn't lose any sleep if he phoned his wife or ordered pizza everyday on the company phone.
:laughing5:

no but thats because it doesnt potentially offend players, staff and some thousands of fans.

are you annoyed that ccfc looked at ccfc property to see what a ccfc staff member was saying to another ccfc staff member? because that seems perfectly reasonable to me. and then when they find something that massively breaches company rules then they had every right to act. im starting to massively miss your point, i think you are too, time to put down the shovel mate cos this is getting silly now

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Stupidest shit I've read on this site since Annis defended Malky :lol:

Anyone who says stuff like "the Chinese" or "black people call us..." without realising how utterly abhorrent it is to generalise and group together billions of people as if they were one in an effort to make racist behaviour seem okay could probably do with keeping their mouth shut. Thankfully there's less and less people like you who seem so desperate to cling to excuses like "thought police" and "political correctness" to try and get away with using ignorant and hateful language.

Continue to fear change and the rest of the world will leave you behind without a second thought. It's moving a lot faster than you even know.

Oh and freedom of speech is not the freedom to say what you want without consequences. It's the right to communicate ideas which seeing as you won't be arrested for posting this means it is very much alive. Learn the difference you complete and utter moron.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:45 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:

Anyone who says stuff like "the Chinese" or "black people call us..." without realising how utterly abhorrent it is to generalise and group together billions of people as if they were one in an effort to make racist behaviour seem okay could probably do with keeping their mouth shut. Thankfully there's less and less people like you who seem so desperate to cling to excuses like "thought police" and "political correctness" to try and get away with using ignorant and hateful language.

Continue to fear change and the rest of the world will leave you behind without a second thought. It's moving a lot faster than you even know.

Oh and freedom of speech is not the freedom to say what you want without consequences. It's the right to communicate ideas which seeing as you won't be arrested for posting this means it is very much alive. Learn the difference you complete and utter moron.

It appears that you've got 'offended' - oh dear me - get over it! Arrested for what, stating an opinion and I have not been abusive - unlike you!

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:50 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:

Oh Alex you couldn't be more on the button.

What you say will be lost on the small group of posters who are trying desperately to defend Malky. They need to believe he is innocent for fear of realising their own downfalls.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:18 pm

Your argument is very flawed. Not all Chinese refer to us as gwylo and not all blacks refer to us as white trash. What a narrow minded statement. I have plenty of black friends who've never referred to me as white trash.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:29 pm

A block wrote:

Your argument is very flawed. Not all Chinese refer to us as gwylo and not all blacks refer to us as white trash. What a narrow minded statement. I have plenty of black friends who've never referred to me as white trash.

In Hong Kong, we are commonly known as Gwylos. I was simply saying that, it is human nature to refer to different races with names and
that will never change. For example, In India they call people from Pakistan, Paks. Many countries have names for their
neighbours and I was simply stating this does not necessarily mean it is racist! But in the liberal lefty world it is and it is they who are narrow minded!