Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Harry Redknapp backs Malky. '

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:18 am

Friday 22nd Aug 2014

Harry Redknapp has backed Malky Mackay to make a return to football, insisting: ‘He's not a rapist he's not a paedophile. He's made a mistake and it shouldn't end his football career.'

Sportsmail revealed this week that Mackay had exchanged a series of racist, sexist and homophobic text messages with Iain Moody while they were at the Welsh club.

But Redknapp believes the Scot should be given the chance to redeem himself.

He said: ‘Malky Mackay has made a big mistake, him and the other lad. What they did is not right but Malky Mackay is a great fella, a family man, a football man but he's made mistakes.

‘Suddenly everybody's an angel. It shouldn't finish his life he's a top manager and I feel really sorry for him.

‘I'm not condoning what he's done but he's not a bad person he's a fantastic lad. Show me somebody who's never made a mistake and I’ll show you a liar.

‘He's not a rapist, he's not a paedophile. He's made a mistake and it shouldn't end his football career.

‘I'm lucky I don’t send text messages but I do get silly message with sick jokes on them from time to time.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

Re: Redknapp backs Malky.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:36 am

I agree in a way, that the offensive texts on its own shouldn't end his career, when you consider some of the scum that have been given second chances in football, the fraud part is more of a concern imo, and if its proven that him and moody have been taking our club for a ride, then I hope they both never work in football again

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:44 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:I agree in a way, that the offensive texts on its own shouldn't end his career, when you consider some of the scum that have been given second chances in football, the fraud part is more of a concern imo, and if its proven that him and moody have been taking our club for a ride, then I hope they both never work in football again

I agree, the texts weren't exactly trivial but the Fraud aspect is very serious indeed. Malky and Moody could possibly have contributed to our relegation. :(

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 am

Kick racism out of football,with people like Harry still in the game and what he's said there's no chance of that happening.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:53 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:I agree in a way, that the offensive texts on its own shouldn't end his career, when you consider some of the scum that have been given second chances in football, the fraud part is more of a concern imo, and if its proven that him and moody have been taking our club for a ride, then I hope they both never work in football again

Exactly. The texts will keep him out of the PL at minimum. The financial allegations (if proven true) can land him in prison.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:43 am

Redknaps dog likes him too.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:59 am

Redknapp's a squirmy rat too, it's a rat defending another rat

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:00 pm

No surprise to see Redknapp defending him - both crooks! I don't give too much of a #### about the txts. It's the financial dealings that should see him never manage again (if proved). If it's proved he was up to no good and robbing the club then he is worse than scum to me :x

Re: ' Harry Redknapp backs Malky. '

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:18 pm

"cheers for sorting out my wee problem Arry"

"No worries Malky" (Cue brown envelope into pocket)

Woof :twisted:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:22 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Redknapp's a squirmy rat too, it's a rat defending another rat

Kind of agree with this.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Has Redknapp ever said a bad word against a player or manager in the press?

The darling of SKY would never slate another manager, he might have to buy a player from him one day,

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:08 pm

they have a cosy club where they (managers) are united against chairman and owners (their bosses), and the normal rules of business / employee don't seem to apply in football.

he hasn't killed anyone, but imagine if vincent tan was found to be sending racist text messages against staff including malky. he'd be hounded out of football and harry redknapp wouldn't be backing him!

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:27 pm

I agree he isn't a rapist or a Peado he hasn't killed anyone. He has behaved like thousands of Lads up and down the country working in factory's. He was very naive to do that over email and texts where evidence can bite his arse. How bad on what he had said we don't know but Tan has certainly done a job on him. Now he has been punished as he has lost millions in compensation. Now to some that isn't enough he needs to be finished, his whole life destroyed and for him to have fifty lashes in every City in the UK.
His mistake has cost him huge so I ain't gonna be one of those that say he should never work in football again, that is crap he is a young man who made a mistake. Now I feel he should be allowed to get back into work.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I agree he isn't a rapist or a Peado he hasn't killed anyone. He has behaved like thousands of Lads up and down the country working in factory's. He was very naive to do that over email and texts where evidence can bite his arse. How bad on what he had said we don't know but Tan has certainly done a job on him. Now he has been punished as he has lost millions in compensation. Now to some that isn't enough he needs to be finished, his whole life destroyed and for him to have fifty lashes in every City in the UK.
His mistake has cost him huge so I ain't gonna be one of those that say he should never work in football again, that is crap he is a young man who made a mistake. Now I feel he should be allowed to get back into work.

42 is not young. Age isn't the issue here.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:35 pm

LonCar wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I agree he isn't a rapist or a Peado he hasn't killed anyone. He has behaved like thousands of Lads up and down the country working in factory's. He was very naive to do that over email and texts where evidence can bite his arse. How bad on what he had said we don't know but Tan has certainly done a job on him. Now he has been punished as he has lost millions in compensation. Now to some that isn't enough he needs to be finished, his whole life destroyed and for him to have fifty lashes in every City in the UK.

42 is not young. Age isn't the issue here.

You cheeky c**t :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: I am 48 :cry: Barstard :lol:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:11 pm

If a teacher, doctor or policeman was found to be circulating these messages, it would end in dismissal and that person would no longer be allowed to practice. These people are meant to be examples for the young to respect and emulate.

I argue that professional football players and managers have a wider role than looking after the 90 minutes on the pitch. The young people who follow football aspire to be like their heroes. If that example is tarnished, then they aren't fit to do the job.

I think Harry R has been very unwise to align himself with Malky. By doing so, he is trivialising the texts. Are there any black, gay or female employees at QPR? You bet! How do they feel about the club manager describing these texts as mistakes? Can they trust a man who seems to think that Malky's actions are those of a good lad? By definition, MM is nothing of the sort.

What legacy has he left Cardiff City FC? Yet again, when things seem to be going well, an off-pitch situation arises to sully the image of the club.

Lastly, accusing Tan of hounding him is another red herring. Tan has a duty of care and to let someone go on to another job without informing the new employer is immoral. In my opinion, Tans only misjudgement was in not disclosing the information at the time MM was sacked.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:15 pm

i don't think he should be punished, i think potential employers will do that job anyway (who'd want him now?)

BUT i do think he should personally apologise to all of those he refered to in the texts. or if he doesnt feel he's done wrong we should read the texts to those he refered to face to face.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:34 pm

Being a racist is not a mistake. It´s an attitude.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Dve wrote:Being a racist is not a mistake. It´s an attitude.

Spot on! :thumbup:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:18 pm

Harry "bung " redknapp should keep his mouth shut , dodgiest b*stard in footbLl

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Harry should stay out as he is so lucky he is still in a job and is still not in prison.

I feel sorry for Kimbo imagine what he is thinking now cant get in the team and the last manager insulted him even when he bought him , poor kid I feel for him

Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Dodgy managers unite.
I am waiting on details of dodgy dealings confirmed. Most clubs would have been sunk by some of them. Cornelius was greedy - £8m plus fees plus 45k a week over 5 years meant we were contracted to £20million for him. Medel was a bit more subtle, but I have my suspicions that not all is right either.
Good job 'arry said Malky was a decent fella tho.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:14 pm

NIGELNIGLE wrote:

I agree, the texts weren't exactly trivial but the Fraud aspect is very serious indeed. Malky and Moody could possibly have contributed to our relegation. :(

were fully responsible ..not may have contributed...........if players were signed with the criteria being , personal gain, its obvious that only certain agents could b used therefore limiting what players could be signed.............

Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:57 pm

Dve wrote:Being a racist is not a mistake. It´s an attitude.

agree, these words are either in your vocabulary or they aren't…..