Cardiff City launch ‘fraud’ probe

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby NIGELNIGLE » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Cardiff City fear their former manager Malky Mackay and former head of recruitment Iain Moody committed up to £90m in transfer fees, wages and agents’ fees – double the agreed budget – during their summer transfer window last year, which is the subject of a “fraud” investigation by the club’s lawyers.

The allegations accompany claims that Mackay and Moody swapped racist, sexist and homophobic text messages and emails, which the Football Association is investigating after the details were sent to the governing body over the last six days.

Having handed those messages to the FA, the club are also pursuing what they consider to be a considerable overspend on player recruitment in the summer before Cardiff’s single season in the Premier League.

Cardiff’s London law firm Mishcon de Reya has retained the services of Sir Keir Starmer, the former director of public prosecutions, to consider whether there is a case of fraud to be answered.
In a statement, the League Managers’ Association (LMA) risked ridicule by claiming that Mackay’s messages were “friendly text message banter”.

All eight transfers are under investigation from that period and it was for that reason that Mishcon de Reya obtained a High Court order to search Moody’s home in Balham, south London, earlier this year. It was on phones and computers seized then that the firm discovered the racist, sexist and homophobic messages – Mackay denies sexism and homophobia – revealed in the Daily Mail.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 84707.html
NIGELNIGLE

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City launch ‘fraud’ probe

Postby CardiffBatman888 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:16 am

Interesting! Imagine if malky and moody pocket some of these!
CardiffBatman888

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:30 am

Milked our club dry.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby RICK+CCFC » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:12 am

I can see all this ending up in court, Tan (CCFC) v Crystal Palace FC, MacKay, & Moody.
RICK+CCFC

Postby RICK+CCFC » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:46 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:I can see all this ending up in court, Tan (CCFC) v Crystal Palace FC, MacKay, & Moody.

CP, regarding the "spygate" texts. Two previous Palace managers involved.

Malky & Moody, regarding transfer dealings. Agents involved.

Let justice be done, though the heavens may fall.
RICK+CCFC

Postby abergblue » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:13 am

£90m spent now. Where were Tans financial controllers in all this?
For a succesful businessman it seems strange he was not keeping an eye on such spending.

I did not realise until yesterday that Malky and Moody had uncontrolled, unchecked, unaudited access to all that money.

What exactly was Simon Lim and TG's job at the club?
abergblue

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:23 am

abergblue wrote:£90m spent now. Where were Tans financial controllers in all this?
For a succesful businessman it seems strange he was not keeping an eye on such spending.

I did not realise until yesterday that Malky and Moody had uncontrolled, unchecked, unaudited access to all that money.

You obviously havnt been on here long as this subject discussrd previously. Tg wasnt here either at this time, basically mm moody spent millions with no interference from tan as he had no knowledge of football matters! yes he should have been involved in contract matters but thats history, he is now involved and things are a lot better in that respect. Tan trusted them implicitly time will tell if that was wrong thing to do. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby DrDre » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:23 am

abergblue wrote:£90m spent now. Where were Tans financial controllers in all this?

Yes, yes, it was Tan's fault that M & M stole from him (allegedly). :roll:
DrDre

Postby scott_w_ccfc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:44 am

Wish Tan would just get out of our club before he does any more damage, and makes us even more of a laughing stock.

Has to be the worst owner in world football.
scott_w_ccfc

Postby mr'mogreenz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:54 am

Unbelievable. If true, then how the hell were they able to get away with it. And why ain't malky and moody sunining it up on some obscure Caribbean island under false names like other big time fraudsters usually do lol. Incredible sums of money and in a way, quite worrying that it was able to happen. That type of fraud could ruin a club financially
mr'mogreenz

Postby DrDre » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:21 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:Wish Tan would just get out of our club before he does any more damage, and makes us even more of a laughing stock.

Yes, the man paid off our debts, expanded our stadium, turned Malky into a racist and made him accept bungs for useless transfers. He's totally ruined our club!
DrDre

Postby Sven » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:32 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:Wish Tan would just get out of our club before he does any more damage, and makes us even more of a laughing stock.

TAN DO MORE DAMAGE?!?!?!?!

WOW!!!!
:o :shock: :?

What world do you live in, fella????

He didn't make Malky or Moody send any texts or (allegedly at this stage) commit fraud against him and his club

I think the "laughing stock" has just become YOU! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby scott_w_ccfc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:58 am

Sven wrote:

WOW!!!!

He didn't make Malky or Moody send any texts or (allegedly at this stage) commit fraud against him and his club

I'm sure I'll cope. :lol:

I stand by what I said, Tan has made this club a laughing stock.
scott_w_ccfc

Postby LonCar » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:03 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

WOW!!!!

Tan is not the one giving cardiff a bad reputation at the moment. Former staff is.
LonCar

Postby Paul Keevil » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:07 pm

Im sorry I just dont get this.

From my perspective I have seen him enhance the structure of the club. I have seen him allocate funds to the club on a monthly basis. I have seen him provide me with Premiership football for the first time in my lifetime. I have seen Cup Finals. When I am photographing pitch side I now see a huge impressive stand. I see personal donations to both individuals and charities and most of all I see the fact that he has stood by the club when supporters (and now as it appears members of staff) were acting against him.

Of all the Chairman I can remember at the club I personally think VT is one of the best Chairman we have had. Ok we have a red shirt. Personally, I would prefer blue - but I am prepared to put up with that given what he has done for the club.
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby DrDre » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:

Im sorry I just dont get this.

let me explain: some people won't let the facts get in the way of a personal grudge :laughing6:
DrDre

Postby PartyWithOle » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:17 pm

Sven wrote:

WOW!!!!

He cried his eyes out because we got rid of Kev so take no notice :laughing6:
PartyWithOle

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:09 pm

DrDre wrote:

Simon Lim was the top dog at the club at the time........why is his name not being thrown into the mix here?
Bakedalasker

Postby scott_w_ccfc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:16 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
Sven wrote:

WOW!!!!

He cried his eyes out because we got rid of Kev so take no notice :laughing6:

What's your point? :lol:
scott_w_ccfc

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Rumours that MM and Moody were talking down the prices of players when money was spent.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Military Junta » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:41 pm

I'd out money on this not happening. Tan hasn't got the proof just assuming yet he is indirectly responsible if his company was making incorrect payments to unknown accounts
Military Junta

Postby xajax » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Has to be the worse owner in world football.

Well thats what one US TV network said about him. And you must admit he's pretty unique, as I don't think anyone has ever seen another club chairman boo his own team.
xajax

Postby jackmadandbad » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:07 pm

bonkers
jackmadandbad

Postby neathbluebird » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:34 am

?????what
neathbluebird

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:29 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

WOW!!!!

Fine, but you are (IMHO) showing yourself up with that simplistic view (look at other posts from some good people condemning you on this thread) :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
DrDre wrote:

Simon Lim was the top dog at the club at the time........why is his name not being thrown into the mix here?

Absolutly agree! :thumbup:
Sven

Return to General Chat