Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" AT A GUESS A NEW SIGNING IS EXPECTED ON "

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:40 pm

I don't believe that Cardiff City's transfer dealings are complete.

I would go as far as to say that I believe Cardiff City are trying to bring in another centre half.

I wouldn't be surprised if City managed to bring in a defender with international experience.

If I was to hazard a guess I reckon City could sign a defender as soon as Monday.

Despite Ole saying his business is pretty much done I am not convinced to be honest and I reckon there is a possibility of a player currently playing overseas joining us in the next few days.

That's my thought this evening anyway, thought I would share it.

I am not ITK or anything.

Up next. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146002 :ayatollah:

Re: ' I DON'T BELIEVE '

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Ah, you had a dream.. :D

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:48 pm

carlccfc wrote:I don't believe that Cardiff City's transfer dealings are complete.

I would go as far as to say that I believe Cardiff City are trying to bring in another centre half.

I wouldn't be surprised if City managed to bring in a defender with international experience.

If I was to hazard a guess I reckon City could sign a defender as soon as Monday.

Despite Ole saying his business is pretty much done I am not convinced to be honest and I reckon there is a possibility of a player currently playing overseas joining us in the next few days.

Forren :?:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:50 pm

I hope Ole brings in some new midfielders. We're badly lacking class in that department!

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:53 pm

I would agree Carl. Set back with united defender but guess they didn't know they would be hit with injury

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:00 pm

I hope Ole brings in some new midfielders. We're badly lacking class in that department!

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:03 pm

City Slicker wrote:I hope Ole brings in some new midfielders. We're badly lacking class in that department!

serious?
Daehli
Gunnarsson
Whitts
Eikrem
Adeyemi
Dikgachoi
Ralls

We have plenty there, and probably all good enough for the championship!

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:09 pm

nobby wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I don't believe that Cardiff City's transfer dealings are complete.

Forren :?:

I would hazard a guess we are looking at a player currently playing in France Nobby. :thumbup:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Someone in work mentioned Dalman was in France earlier this week talking to a player, not sure if true.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:13 pm

that anybody, feels the way I do about you now.

Oasis - Wonderwall. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Thank God for that, not only a football thread, but a new player transfer thread, we needed that :thumbup:

Tidy this squad is looking really good :ole: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Franc Le Bouef?

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:23 pm

City Slicker wrote:I hope Ole brings in some new midfielders. We're badly lacking class in that department!

Agree totally. Until the injured players come back were lacking in creativity and steel. A good start and no one as really been disappointing but we have fallen away in this league in the past when mcphail and Rae used to get overrun. No need to panic buy but think if we signed one more player it would be better to sign someone in the middle where there is less cover than at the back

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Someone in work mentioned Dalman was in France earlier this week talking to a player, not sure if true.

That was in a Wales Online story 2 days ago. Can't remember the journalist for sure, but I think it was Terry Phillips.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:39 pm

I don't believe you still haven't passed comment on the MM situation :laughing6:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:51 pm

NJ73 wrote:

I don't believe you still haven't passed comment on the MM situation :laughing6:

You better believe it because I haven't.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:54 pm

Do we need a centre half? I'd much rather some guile and sheer pace in midfield.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Lamine sane is my guess then and they have signed llori so may let him go. :thumbright:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:17 am

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

You better believe it because I haven't.

Why not sir? Everyone else has.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:33 am

cendl blue wrote:

Agree totally. Until the injured players come back were lacking in creativity and steel. A good start and no one as really been disappointing but we have fallen away in this league in the past when mcphail and Rae used to get overrun. No need to panic buy but think if we signed one more player it would be better to sign someone in the middle where there is less cover than at the back

Look how everyone was moaning about the defence in preseason. A couple of weeks later... everyone is moaning about midfield….. got to moan about something i guess.
We have enough midfielders to put out 3 teams, its a matter of fielding the right players together. OGS needs to get them all on the same page as he did with the defence, of course it would help if Dikgacoi could get his shit together.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:22 am

Hopefully it's lamine sane as he can play in defence and as a holding midfielder :ole: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:47 am

LonCar wrote:
cendl blue wrote:

Look how everyone was moaning about the defence in preseason. A couple of weeks later... everyone is moaning about midfield….. got to moan about something i guess.
We have enough midfielders to put out 3 teams, its a matter of fielding the right players together. OGS needs to get them all on the same page as he did with the defence, of course it would help if Dikgacoi could get his shit together.

That's why I've said there's no need to panic buy but at the same time until noone and dikgachoi are fit we're not blessed with players with creativity and someone to break up play. Your stating the obvious about playing the right players together i understand that and at the moment when it hasn't worked formation wise or player wise oles changed it. So far we've had gunnarsson, le fondre and dhaeli on the wing which clearly shows a lack of cover in that area with the arrival of pilkington it is helped .We know from old it's a long slog of a season and the midfielders are going to more crucial in my eyes than the defence. If we don't sign anyone I won't be too disappointed and rather than shelling out more cash there is always the gamble of the loan market.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:52 am

I can see Mark Hudson being the next to leave.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:I can see Mark Hudson being the next to leave.

I would be disappointed to see him leave and think we should hold on to him but if he does go then it definitely leaves us short at the back not only in numbers but leadership as well

Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:04 am

cendl blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I can see Mark Hudson being the next to leave.

I would be disappointed to see him leave and think we should hold on to him but if he does go then it definitely leaves us short at the back not only in numbers but leadership as well

I think it would be a mistake to get rid if him, he is perfect for this division and is a leader at the back :thumbright:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:30 am

CalShepCCFC wrote:

serious?
Daehli
Gunnarsson
Whitts
Eikrem
Adeyemi
Dikgachoi
Ralls

Yes Cal, you're right we do have plenty but Ole seems to have difficulty in building an effective midfield. Daehli has obvious class but maybe needs time to adjust to the Championship. Agreed we have Digakoi to come, and if Ole plsys him in y
the right formation, he could provide strength. However, apart from Ralls who is young and untested, none of the others will ever set the world alight. Adeyemi could develop into a strong player for us but I believe he'll need to team uo with Digakoi. However, until Daehli gets up to speed I think we are also lacking a playmaker who csn take the game to the opposition. Final word: Noone's return should see huge improvement, but in the absence of new midfielders, Ole will have to leave sentiment aside and choose correctly who to leave out to make wsy for Noone.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:47 am

CalShepCCFC wrote:

serious?
Daehli
Gunnarsson
Whitts
Eikrem
Adeyemi
Dikgachoi
Ralls

Yes Cal, you're right we do have plenty but Ole seems to have difficulty in building an effective midfield. Daehli has obvious class but maybe needs time to adjust to the Championship. Agreed we have Digakoi to come, and if Ole plsys him in y
the right formation, he could provide strength. However, apart from Ralls who is young and untested, none of the others will ever set the world alight. Adeyemi could develop into a strong player for us but I believe he'll need to team uo with Digakoi. However, until Daehli gets up to speed I think we are also lacking a playmaker who csn take the game to the opposition. Final word: Noone's return should see huge improvement, but in the absence of new midfielders, Ole will have to leave sentiment aside and choose correctly who to leave out to make wsy for Noone.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:47 am

CalShepCCFC wrote:

serious?
Daehli
Gunnarsson
Whitts
Eikrem
Adeyemi
Dikgachoi
Ralls

Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:57 am

I think selling Hudson would be a mistake. At championship level he is very good. Despite a lack of pace he reads the game well, is strong and is a great leader on the field.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:35 am

Fingers crossed, Carl. I think Ole may be a little more astute than previously thought and will have seen a few things in the opening games :thumbup:

Great start (and better than I had dared hope for) though :thumbup: :ayatollah: