Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY FOR TAN & CCFC

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:32 pm

Vincent Tan has been portrayed a fool and even a villain by the British media since his re-brand of Cardiff City. Despite Cardiff's promotion to the Premier League for the first time ever and Tan rescuing CCFC from going out of business, Tan has never reaped the rewards of his fame from involvement in football.

Tan's representation as a villain hit it's peek in the wake of the sackings of Ian Moody and then Malky Mackay. Regardless of what you believe to be the truth, in the wake of a damning article by the Daily Mail on Malky Mackay and Ian Moody, Vincent Tan has managed to successfully flip completely public opinion on the the two men.

In so doing Vincent Tan has the opportunity to turn from villain to hero.

Cardiff cannot change their home kit back to blue this season because of F.A. rules. But an announcement could be made right now that they will return to blue next season. If Tan were to do this, surely there would be a momentous swell in fan approval and media appreciation.

Not only that, the feel good factor of a club re-united would be unprecedented at CCFC. Promotion back to the top flight would surely be so much more likely and Tan himself and the club would reap the financial rewards that go with that.

There will never be a better opportunity for Tan.

DO IT NOW! TURN US BACK TO BLUE!!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY FOR TAN & CCFC

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:34 pm

In an ideal world but this won't happen.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:39 pm

He could blame the rebrand on malky and moody, that way he wouldn't lose face, there's no way them to could deny it at this present moment lol everyone's a winner

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:50 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:He could blame the rebrand on malky and moody, that way he wouldn't lose face, there's no way them to could deny it at this present moment lol everyone's a winner

I don't think that would work unless it were true, which it isn't.

But you are 100% right that VT can save face following this.

My feeling is, if Tan doesn't utilise this moment to work the PR angle in his favour and make an announcement on returning to blue, then no one will benefit from this - especially him.

As things stand, this story in the Daily Mail as well as the Spygate affair will drag CCFC through the mud as well. And Tan with it.

I'm not just saying this because I want us back in blue. I'm using my head and not just my heart. VT needs to be portrayed in a positive light in the media following this.

As things stand, everyone loses.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:02 am

Oh to Dream....

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:10 am

Yes Vinny boy.......DO IT !!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:56 am

moonboots wrote:Yes Vinny boy.......DO IT !!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

He'd need to wait for this Malky/Moody ****storm to blow over for any announcement to get the attention desired.

But he shouldn't wait for promotion to talk to the Supporters Trust. Any positive action now could have an amazing impact in the stands and on the pitch and help us get that promotion...

:ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:10 am

He would then become the most popular owner we've ever had.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:25 am

Otto wrote:Vincent Tan has been portrayed a fool and even a villain by the British media since his re-brand of Cardiff City. Despite Cardiff's promotion to the Premier League for the first time ever and Tan rescuing CCFC from going out of business, Tan has never reaped the rewards of his fame from involvement in football.

Tan's representation as a villain hit it's peek in the wake of the sackings of Ian Moody and then Malky Mackay. Regardless of what you believe to be the truth, in the wake of a damning article by the Daily Mail on Malky Mackay and Ian Moody, Vincent Tan has managed to successfully flip completely public opinion on the the two men.

Cardiff cannot change their home kit back to blue this season because of F.A. rules. But an announcement could be made right now that they will return to blue next season. If Tan were to do this, surely there would be a momentous swell in fan approval and media appreciation.

Not only that, the feel good factor of a club re-united would be unprecedented at CCFC. Promotion back to the top flight would surely be so much more likely and Tan himself and the club would reap the financial rewards that go with that.

Good post, now is the time for some positive PR, and it would gets the fans behind the team, he would be mad not to use this to his advantage now........

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:51 am

I´m repeating myself, my the one way Tan can get out of his rebrand/color changing mess, is reversing his former bad decisions (I´m sure also HE realized it was a mistake) when there is no pressure on him doing so. To give in under pressure would make him lose face. We´ll get promoted, and when the majority of fans are too busy cheering to even care about the color anymore (at least for the moment), THEN top it all by changing the color back. PL, next season, that would be the perfect timing.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:59 am

I cannot even begin to understand how you are linking the story about Malky and the change in shirt colour.

We really are an insular group when it comes to Cardiff City.

Cliff Richard may be arrested..... Does this mean Cardiff should change their shirt colour.

Its an appalling situation in Syria..... Yes but can we have blue seats in the stadium off the back of it.

If anything Tan can ignore our calls for a return to blue even more as he is now seen as correct in his Malky dealings so his popularity is high, well high for his low standards.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:46 am

Wayne S wrote:I cannot even begin to understand how you are linking the story about Malky and the change in shirt colour.

Cliff Richard may be arrested..... Does this mean Cardiff should change their shirt colour.

Its an appalling situation in Syria..... Yes but can we have blue seats in the stadium off the back of it.

If anything Tan can ignore our calls for a return to blue even more as he is now seen as correct in his Malky dealings so his popularity is high, well high for his low standards.

I don't agree Wayne. This Malky/Moody affair is intrinsically linked with the popularity and appreciation of Vincent Tan, which is intrinsically linked to the re-brand. I cannot see how you're bringing up Syria and Cliff Richard in this thread?

As things stand, from the outside it looks like VT is not enjoying his role with CCFC. Because fans will now, almost unanimously sympathise with why he had to sack Moody/Malky, all he has to do is amend the one thing that is making him so unpopular. If he were to do this, many fans would show appreciation for VT for a U-turn.

Maybe VT is beyond redemption redemption for you, but he isn't for me. :thumbup:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:49 am

Bluebina wrote:
Otto wrote:Vincent Tan has been portrayed a fool and even a villain by the British media since his re-brand of Cardiff City. Despite Cardiff's promotion to the Premier League for the first time ever and Tan rescuing CCFC from going out of business, Tan has never reaped the rewards of his fame from involvement in football.

Good post, now is the time for some positive PR, and it would gets the fans behind the team, he would be mad not to use this to his advantage now........

I agree - now is the time.

Fans will be getting fed up that CCFC is having yet another season of getting dragged through the mud.

I think the VT and the board would do well to wait for the Malky/Moody storm to pass. But a re-re-brand announcement in a few weeks time would set our season alight and get everyone around the club buzzing I am sure.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:50 am

terrytaxi wrote:He would then become the most popular owner we've ever had.

So won't agree with that, but I think you are definitely right.

:thumbup:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:55 am

Dve wrote:I´m repeating myself, my the one way Tan can get out of his rebrand/color changing mess, is reversing his former bad decisions (I´m sure also HE realized it was a mistake) when there is no pressure on him doing so. To give in under pressure would make him lose face. We´ll get promoted, and when the majority of fans are too busy cheering to even care about the color anymore (at least for the moment), THEN top it all by changing the color back. PL, next season, that would be the perfect timing.

For me Dve, re-re-branding is not about Vincent Tan saving face. It's about him showing humility and admitting it was the wrong thing to do. If you know you have wrong, then you'll want to make things right as soon as possible.

Now we've got more negative news off the field, it's going to be harder to perform on it. Some positive news, when this ****storm passes could go along way in making this one of the best seasons we've had in a long long time.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:47 am

Otto wrote:
Dve wrote:I´m repeating myself, my the one way Tan can get out of his rebrand/color changing mess, is reversing his former bad decisions (I´m sure also HE realized it was a mistake) when there is no pressure on him doing so. To give in under pressure would make him lose face. We´ll get promoted, and when the majority of fans are too busy cheering to even care about the color anymore (at least for the moment), THEN top it all by changing the color back. PL, next season, that would be the perfect timing.

For me Dve, re-re-branding is not about Vincent Tan saving face. It's about him showing humility and admitting it was the wrong thing to do. If you know you have wrong, then you'll want to make things right as soon as possible.

Now we've got more negative news off the field, it's going to be harder to perform on it. Some positive news, when this ****storm passes could go along way in making this one of the best seasons we've had in a long long time.

Yes, you may be right. This could be the good timing for letting out some good news. Having full backing of the fans would also help achieving Tan´s goal: getting us back to PL.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 am

Waiting for the news that Malky and Moody are going to be blamed for the colour change!! Why not they are getting blamed for everything else :lol:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:15 am

Military Junta wrote:Waiting for the news that Malky and Moody are going to be blamed for the colour change!! Why not they are getting blamed for everything else :lol:

Have you read this thread? Nowhere does it say that the Malky/Moody affair and the re-brand are linked. One thing that is related to both is the popularity of Vincent Tan.

I was backing Malky like you a few days ago, so I have not been a Malky-basher in the past as perhaps you are suggesting? I have no long term agenda. But my opinion of him has completely changed.

A lot of people on this board today are jumping to conclusions about threads that are not negative about VT as they unanimously have been in the past. But it seems that maybe people aren't engaging with what is actually being written. A forum is as much about reading as it is writing and wanting to be heard.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:16 am

Dve wrote:
Otto wrote:

Yes, you may be right. This could be the good timing for letting out some good news. Having full backing of the fans would also help achieving Tan´s goal: getting us back to PL.

Imagine the feel good factor if we can once and for all get the negative crap behind us and focus on football.

:thumbup:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:26 am

He wont hes a wanker

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:04 pm

I for one am changing my opinion on Tan as of yesterday. I thought he was foolish to sack Moody/Malky when he did. I was wrong.

This interview now plays differently for me now...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27358728

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:15 pm

llanishen bluebird wrote:He wont hes a wanker

Excellent contribution to this thread! :sleepy2:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:24 pm

Otto wrote:
Wayne S wrote:I cannot even begin to understand how you are linking the story about Malky and the change in shirt colour.

I don't agree Wayne. This Malky/Moody affair is intrinsically linked with the popularity and appreciation of Vincent Tan, which is intrinsically linked to the re-brand. I cannot see how you're bringing up Syria and Cliff Richard in this thread?

As things stand, from the outside it looks like VT is not enjoying his role with CCFC. Because fans will now, almost unanimously sympathise with why he had to sack Moody/Malky, all he has to do is amend the one thing that is making him so unpopular. If he were to do this, many fans would show appreciation for VT for a U-turn.

Maybe VT is beyond redemption redemption for you, but he isn't for me. :thumbup:

The Cliff and Syria statements are two other current situations along with Malky's behaviour that have NO bearing on the rebrand.

Your linking the rebrand with the Malky story is just as obscure as me linking the others to it.

Tan is not beyond redemption but he is currently being seen in a more favourable light. He would more than likely see it as a reason to KEEP the rebrand as opposed to reverting back to blue.

But one day we will revert.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Now that the British sporting media is focussed on CCFC now would be a great time for Tan to announce a switch to and fill some of the empty seats at the CCS in the process !

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:39 pm

Wayne S wrote:... Tan is not beyond redemption but he is currently being seen in a more favourable light. He would more than likely see it as a reason to KEEP the rebrand as opposed to reverting back to blue.

But one day we will revert.

I agree Tan is currently being seen in a more favourable light. Maybe he will be able to see now that he has a way back to win the fans over? Possibly, possibly not.

Whether or not a surge in popularity now makes him more likely to stay red - who knows? You're guess is as good as mine. I'd like to think that a swing of public opinion in his favour could be the olive branch the situation needs.

Totally agree with you that one day we will be back in blue. :thumbup: That is more likely to happen by getting to the Premier League (via Tan's compromise or him selling up). But we are far more likely to get that PL goal if we were a united club now...

:bluescarf:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:40 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Now that the British sporting media is focussed on CCFC now would be a great time for Tan to announce a switch to and fill some of the empty seats at the CCS in the process !

:ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Otto wrote:I for one am changing my opinion on Tan as of yesterday. I thought he was foolish to sack Moody/Malky when he did. I was wrong.

This interview now plays differently for me now...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27358728

Just watched that vid again and i agree it says a lot more now than it did first time round.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:51 pm

the price freeze is over now on season ticket sales for next year.

this would sell a lot more season tickets now for this season...which would hopefully carry over to next season and those thinking they have had enough may re-consider. Walk up crpowds would also increase

A feel good factor now would be beneficial for the club going forward

but is Tan stuck in his ways ?