MATCH THREAD ' WOLVES v CARDIFF CITY ' MATCH THREAD

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:24 pm

WOLVES v CARDIFF CITY

SATURDAY AUGUST 23rd 2014 3pm Kick Off

:ayatollah: ' UPDATED DAILY ' :ayatollah:

' CARDIFF CITY ' :thumbright:

CARDIFF ARE WEARING BLUE TODAY :bluescarf:

Line up

Cardiff (at Wolves): Marshall, Fabio Hudson (capt) Whittingham Le Fondre Connolly Gunnarsson Adeyemi Pilkington Maynard Morrison

Cardiff subs: Brayford Dikgacoi Jones Macheda Eikrem Bergstaller Moore (gk)

Saturday 23rd August 2014.

Cardiff summer signings Kagisho Dikgacoi and Federico Macheda are available to make their debuts after injury.
Winger Anthony Pilkington is set to start after an impressive second-half debut against Wigan.

Friday 22nd Aug 2014

Solskjaer will stick with his back five, including new signing Sean Morrison alongside Matt Connolly, but has to decide who will partner Kenwyne Jones in attack and, crucially, find the right mix through the middle.

Kagisho Dikgacoi is now fit and available, but Solskjaer may delay his Bluebirds’ debut until next Tuesday’s League Cup tie at Port Vale, with Peter Whittingham and Tom Adeyemi looking certain to start at Wolves.

Dikgacoi and Federico Macheda, who has recovered from a back injury, have both been back in training over the last few weeks and are likely to be involved in the League Cup tie at Port Vale.

Cardiff are unbeaten and joint top of the table, but Kenny Jackett’s men are only one point behind with two wins and one defeat, which came against Rotherham United.

Ole Solskjaer once again is expected to change his line up for the Wolves game.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer happy with Cardiff's unbeaten start

Cardiff boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he his happy with his side's start to life in the Championship.
The Bluebirds have taken seven points from nine in their first three matches as they bid to return to the Premier League at the first attempt.

Craig Noone is back in training but won't be fit enough to play.

' WOLVES '

Sat 23rd Aug 2014

Wolves head coach Kenny Jackett will pick from the same squad that beat Fulham 1-0 in midweek.
Captain Sam Ricketts is likely to start on the bench again, as he waits for his first league appearance of the season.

Fulham 0 Wolves 1

Wolves manager Kenny Jackett:
"I was proud of my players. We could probably have done more on the break and found more goals.
"In terms of the results so far, I feel we have deserved both our wins and we didn't deserve to lose at Rotherham.
"There's hunger and desire in the team, and they played with their hearts against Fulham."

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

POSSIBLE WOLVES LINE UP
image.jpg

POSSIBLE CARDIFF CITY LINE UP
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SCORE PREDICTION/LATEST NEWS ' WOLVES v CARDIFF CITY '

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:55 am

My guess Wolves 2 Cardiff City 2 :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:21 pm

I'd have Gunnarson in instead of Daehli and put Whittingham on the wing. Gunnarson made a major impact in gameplay against Huddersfield and hasnt done badly against Blackburn or Wigan either i really feel we cant drop Gunnarson in the form he's shown

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:35 pm

Jonny88 wrote:I'd have Gunnarson in instead of Daehli and put Whittingham on the wing. Gunnarson made a major impact in gameplay against Huddersfield and hasnt done badly against Blackburn or Wigan either i really feel we cant drop Gunnarson in the form he's shown

No thanks! Daehli didn't play well yesterday but Gunnars distribution is woeful. We already got adeyemi in there and he is no great passer either. OGS just needs to make sure Daehli isn't forced to play as deep as he did yesterday. He can't play that deep.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:49 pm

City to win 2-1 :ole:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:31 pm

city to win 4-1 :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:34 pm

0-3 to City!

Pilkington
Le Fondre
Maynard

:thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:38 pm

Wolves fan here.

Posted on here when we last played you, ages ago!!

Firstly glad we have a good old 3pm, Saturday kick-off and although Molineux won't be a sell out, our main stand will which should lead to a cracking atmosphere.

As for the game, I don't know how closely many of you follow us, but expect a completely different side now. We pass out from the back and int he two games thus far (before Fulham tonight who will test that) we have had around 60% possession +. All very new to us!!
But despite this we don't carve teams open and creating chances has been hard.

Mcdonald is the key man and runs the show, if you press him you will stop us but teams have known that for a year now nad he's still bossed it.

Sako and Van la Parra who will probably start are pacy, unpredictable wingers. If they are on fire they can beat any full-back, but at times the delivery is poor. But I think you know about Sako, scored a lot of goals last time and VLP is a similar if more pace than power, version of Sako.

I am writing this before the Fulham game so hope I don't jinx us, but providing we can field all available players - our first XI would go a long way in the Championship, injuries and we are nowhere.

Ikeme is a top quality keeper, I presume you think you have the best goalie outside the Premier League (rightly so after last year), but seriously we feel the same about this guy.

Just a little lowdown on Wolves and while I am a naturally pessimistic fan I don't believe you will come and win 3-0, 4-1 etc.

Not sure what to expect from you, saw you against Blackburn on the box and thought the formation/personnel was ridiculous, down as 4-3-3 with no wingers, but Le Fondre was mainly out wide - at that moment I didn't fear anything! Since then you have won 2 games and signed Pilkington - I presume this has changed things?

Anyway I would go for a 1-1 or a 0-1 to you because of our inability to create chances and you do have a dangerous side on paper, but I expect it to be close. Will be a good test for us too, and tonight, a sign of where we are compared to where we think we are.

Presume you have sold out?

Looking forward to it, always lively encounters.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:46 pm

The Fabio / Sako battle is gonna be interesting. A real test for the Brazilian.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:48 pm

wolvesfan wrote:Wolves fan here.

Firstly glad we have a good old 3pm, Saturday kick-off and although Molineux won't be a sell out, our main stand will which should lead to a cracking atmosphere.

As for the game, I don't know how closely many of you follow us, but expect a completely different side now. We pass out from the back and int he two games thus far (before Fulham tonight who will test that) we have had around 60% possession +. All very new to us!!

Mcdonald is the key man and runs the show, if you press him you will stop us but teams have known that for a year now nad he's still bossed it.

Sako and Van la Parra who will probably start are pacy, unpredictable wingers. If they are on fire they can beat any full-back, but at times the delivery is poor. But I think you know about Sako, scored a lot of goals last time and VLP is a similar if more pace than power, version of Sako.

I am writing this before the Fulham game so hope I don't jinx us, but providing we can field all available players - our first XI would go a long way in the Championship, injuries and we are nowhere.

Ikeme is a top quality keeper, I presume you think you have the best goalie outside the Premier League (rightly so after last year), but seriously we feel the same about this guy.

Just a little lowdown on Wolves and while I am a naturally pessimistic fan I don't believe you will come and win 3-0, 4-1 etc.

Not sure what to expect from you, saw you against Blackburn on the box and thought the formation/personnel was ridiculous, down as 4-3-3 with no wingers, but Le Fondre was mainly out wide - at that moment I didn't fear anything! Since then you have won 2 games and signed Pilkington - I presume this has changed things?

Anyway I would go for a 1-1 or a 0-1 to you because of our inability to create chances and you do have a dangerous side on paper, but I expect it to be close. Will be a good test for us too, and tonight, a sign of where we are compared to where we think we are.

The 4 3 3 may have looked very offensive on the paper, but it was actually a defensive move from Ole. Maynard and Le Fondre (the wide men) had as their main task to neutralize their full backs, and both did brilliantly in doing exactly that. Blackburn in attack is pretty much all about doubling on the wings and sending the ball into the box from the sides. Cardiff has a very recent history of being vulnerable on those crosses, but in that game we were never threatened from crosses, and Blackburn hardly created any chances at all. Defensively, this turned out to be a brilliant tactical move from our manager. Of course, the offensive part of our play also suffered from this, but after all we were able to dig out a result from a difficult match away, and being the first game of the season, the main thing was not to lose.

But good luck on Saturday. I have a feeling you might need it as Cardiff will only get better and better. Afterall, we DO have the best squad in the league :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:52 pm

Good post wolves fan.
I don't think we have got out of 2nd gear yet and ironically for us our better players this season have been our defenders. A welcome clean sheet against Wigan and time will tell whether we have got rid of our habit of conceding sloppy goals.

Up front KJ is proving a real handful and his confidence must be sky high. Plikington should add some much needed pace and creativity as up to now our service to our strikers has been poor. Le fondre due a goal and I suspect he will start over Maynard. Whits looks like he's got his eye in again with shooting and set pieces.

If we click we will be dangerous but I suspect a draw at best for us as I don't think we have fully developed as a team yet.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Think this will be a tough one for us, would be happy if we come away with a draw.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:42 pm

wolvesfan wrote:Wolves fan here.

Great post and very insightful.

I expect a tight affair as we don't create a bucketful of chances either and have certainly tightened up at the back.

Pilkington made his debut as a second half sub last night and gave us the much needed width the team was lacking.

We have sold 1,500 so far :bluescarf:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:45 am

Great Post

Every selection by Ole is a surprise... I would like to see

Marshall

Brayford Morrison Hudson Fabio

Whittingham Digakcoi Adeyemi Daehli Pilkington

Jones

Moore ..Connolly ..Guerra.. Le Fondre .Gunnarson..Maynard

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:29 am

Would be happy with a point as they have started the season well and seem to have a bit more stability under Jackett.

Would be a cracking three points if we do manage it though :bluescarf:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:36 am

kimble wrote:Great Post

Every selection by Ole is a surprise... I would like to see

Marshall

Brayford Morrison Hudson Fabio

Whittingham Digakcoi Adeyemi Daehli Pilkington

Jones

Moore ..Connolly ..Guerra.. Le Fondre .Gunnarson..Maynard

Why leaving out Connolly? Maybe Cardiff´s best player so far this season.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 am

In agree with you but I think Morrison and Hudson would be better organised...mind you I wouldn t mind Connolly and Morrison.. I just feel Morrison is quicker than Conolly and Hudson is a better leader at the back than Connolly.... I suppose the three could play together..in a

MARSHALL

Connolly Morrison Hudson

Brayford Fabio

Adeyemi Daehli Whitts

Le Fondre Jones

But then no Pilkington or Dikgacoi..... Nice to have strong squad :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:06 pm

Will Ole start with Le Fondre and Kenwyne Jones upfront like we did v Huddersfield or will he start with Maynard and Jones upfront v Wigan ?

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:14 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:Will Ole start with Le Fondre and Kenwyne Jones upfront like we did v Huddersfield or will he start with Maynard and Jones upfront v Wigan ?

I hope Ole starts with Le Fondre and Kenwyne jones :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:40 pm

Latest result

Fulham 0 Wolves 1

Wolves manager Kenny Jackett:
"I was proud of my players. We could probably have done more on the break and found more goals.
"In terms of the results so far, I feel we have deserved both our wins and we didn't deserve to lose at Rotherham.
"There's hunger and desire in the team, and they played with their hearts against Fulham."

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:05 pm

1-1 for me another good point on the road. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Denzil wrote:1-1 for me another good point on the road. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A draw there would be a good result :thumbright:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:14 pm

I think we are due a big win , a day where everything will seem to go right for us up front .

I'm going to go 4-1 city :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Will be a very tough game up there id take a point all day long

Let's hope we can get a point 1-1 :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:33 pm

I haven't got a clue what to expect from Wolves, but I can't really see too much strength in defense (both back four and central midfield), even though I think Batth is a decent player. They do have some exiting attacking players though, but I think and hope CCFC will punish them hard for trying to run the game high up the pitch.

In all seriousness I predict goals galore: Wolves 2 - 5 CCFC (Sako 2, Henry 90; Whitts 7, Jones 40,70,72, Daehli 88) :old:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Wolves 1-1 Cardiff

More than 1 point would surprise me a lot, lads havent got enough time together to shine yet. :bluescarf:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Bosse wrote:Wolves 1-1 Cardiff

More than 1 point would surprise me a lot, lads havent got enough time together to shine yet. :bluescarf:

It's going to be tougher than I originally thought.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:38 am

Marshall

Brayford
Morrison
Connolly
Fabio

Adeyemi

Daelhi
Gunnarsson
Whittingham

Jones