Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY SIGN NORWICH CITY PLAYER '

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:28 pm

VincentTanOut wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Is he up and running at the moment or injured :?:

You can't pass your medical if you're injured, can't you?

You're spouting total rubbish. He could have been injured when examined but the medic advises it'll clear up shortly.

Wake up. :roll:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:33 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Great winger at this level, we need cover for Noone or maybe just two out and out wingers, means we can rotate or aren't short on attacking options to supply the strikers. Also means these moaning mongs won't have to moan about ALF playing on the wing

Pleased about this signing, very good when on song.
Re wingers: What happened to burgstaller isn't he a winger?

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:40 pm

Good player and for all our midfielders we aint got many natural wingers so with Noone out this is a really good signing. Gutted Crystal Palace getting Martin Kelly from Liverpool he would of been a good addition for us aswell

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Kadeem Harris to go out on loan again in light of this signing?

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Hell of a sigining

Re: ' Cardiff City sign Norwich City player '

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:He a very good winger excellent signing :ayatollah:

Agree, Annis. Good signing and I'm sure attention will be paid to his existing 'problems'

Just remember, we've paid over £1m, so he must have been ok at the medical, eh? :)

Croeso i Clwb Pel Droed Dinas Caerdydd, Anthony :thumbup:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:00 pm

I've heard his medical is tomorrow

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Was just saying to my mate this morning we need more width. Fair play, cracking signing!

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Happy with that, we needed someone wide.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:16 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:OGS >> Man U link strikes again.

The injury stuff is a red herring in my view. He wants to play. His manager has been declaring him unfit when he is adamant there's nothing wrong. He's just passed a medical I assume so no worries.

A wide man with some creativity. Exactly what's required. Well done Ole. :bluescarf: :ole:

Where's the OGS / Utd link with this one? Pilkington only spent one year with the United academy before joining Blackburn.

I'd be very, very surprised if Ole even knew of the lad during his time there.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:21 pm

Tommy2 wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:Great winger at this level, we need cover for Noone or maybe just two out and out wingers, means we can rotate or aren't short on attacking options to supply the strikers. Also means these moaning mongs won't have to moan about ALF playing on the wing

Pleased about this signing, very good when on song.
Re wingers: What happened to burgstaller isn't he a winger?

Burgstaller is a winger but not an out and out, doesn't exactly have a lot of pace but I do like the look of him to be honest :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:26 pm

yet to be confirmed by the club

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Mikey27 wrote:I've heard his medical is tomorrow

ah, ok! Backtrack...

I hope he passes his medical, as that would/should prove his fitness :thumbup: :laughing6:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Very smart signing.

I like this fella a lot. Great engine & gets a few goals. Top signing that :thumbup:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:18 pm

I was really dissappointed when I found the jacks made a £3m bid in January cos I've always thought he would do well at the city and now he's a bluebird I'm really happy. He's come at the perfect time IMO and for only £1m, BARGIN.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

Jollffe wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:OGS >> Man U link strikes again.

The injury stuff is a red herring in my view. He wants to play. His manager has been declaring him unfit when he is adamant there's nothing wrong. He's just passed a medical I assume so no worries.

A wide man with some creativity. Exactly what's required. Well done Ole. :bluescarf: :ole:

Where's the OGS / Utd link with this one? Pilkington only spent one year with the United academy before joining Blackburn.

I'd be very, very surprised if Ole even knew of the lad during his time there.

OGS is still in with the Man U network and news will have travelled back and fore to the player about our manager. It's not a direct line of contact, but the fact OGS was with Man U won't gave escaped his attention. In any case, Ole will have spoken to the coaching staff at the academy to find out about his possible strengths and weaknesses. I could be wrong, but I guess this stuff goes on in private so hard to prove. Just a gut feeling.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote::ayatollah: ' UPDATED ' :ayatollah:

Cardiff City have signed wide-man Anthony Pilkington from Norwich for a fee believed to be just over £1m. :ayatollah:

The Republic of Ireland international played for Stockport and Huddersfield before moving to the Canaries in 2011.

The 26-year-old will become Cardiff City manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's ninth signing of the transfer window so far.

Bluebirds fork out just over £1m for the 26-year-old who had fallen out with Canaries boss Neil Adams :ayatollah:

Signed :ayatollah:

Cardiff City are to sign midfielder Anthony Pilkington from Norwich City for an undisclosed fee

Not a bad player weakens Norwich too :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote::ayatollah: ' UPDATED ' :ayatollah:

Cardiff City have signed wide-man Anthony Pilkington from Norwich for a fee believed to be just over £1m. :ayatollah:

The Republic of Ireland international played for Stockport and Huddersfield before moving to the Canaries in 2011.

The 26-year-old will become Cardiff City manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's ninth signing of the transfer window so far.

Bluebirds fork out just over £1m for the 26-year-old who had fallen out with Canaries boss Neil Adams :ayatollah:

Signed :ayatollah:

Cardiff City are to sign midfielder Anthony Pilkington from Norwich City for an undisclosed fee

Premier teams were after him :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:35 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:I'm really not happy about this.

Pilkington is one of our best players on his day. he is not injured as much as people seem to think (possibly due to Adams continually saying he's injured when he hasn't been). Yes he could go missing from games at times but most of our best wins and moments over the last two seasons have seen him involved in some way, shape or form.

A new manager coming in should have been putting his arm around the likes of Pilks and bringing him back into the fold because he's a player who at championship level has the ability to be outstanding. instead Adams has deliberately sidelined him and now he is being sold to one of our promotion rivals. they get stronger and we get weaker in one fell swoop.

I am really trying hard to be positive but it just feels to me that things are falling apart, we have a puppet manager who has no real control over matters and probably a queue of other players who may be eyeing the exit door.

From a Norwich fan

Good anyone else worth pinching ????

Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:37 pm

So thats 2 of the 3 Annis ;)

Just the defender to go :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:14 pm

d20 wrote:not a bad signing ,decent player ,suprised by this out of the blue.

That is the trouble with some on this forum, any player that becomes available we become linked to!
Ole has been looking over Anthony Pilkingtom a while now! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:24 pm

After the game tonight Ole said he was still after a winger and a centre back. I wonder if this includes Pilkington?

Hmmm...

Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:52 pm

Possibly Norwich wanting to announce the departure first. Be very disrespectful if Ole came out and said we got him when the official announcement haven't came about.

Really pleased with this signing.

With Ole and the team up Northampton today I think it be hard to announce it on the day of a game as they want the full attention on the game.

:ayatollah:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:12 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Possibly Norwich wanting to announce the departure first. Be very disrespectful if Ole came out and said we got him when the official announcement haven't came about.

Really pleased with this signing.

With Ole and the team up Northampton today I think it be hard to announce it on the day of a game as they want the full attention on the game.

I think you're right Dando...

Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:03 pm

NIBluebird wrote:So thats 2 of the 3 Annis ;)

Just the defender to go :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mike, Pilkinton is true :thumbright:

The others are just still in discussion.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:11 pm

they would not play him because he would not sign a new contract :thumbup:

Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:23 pm

Igovernor wrote:they would not play him because he would not sign a new contract :thumbup:

Spot on :thumbup:

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:19 pm

am i correct in saying he has to be announced or registered before 12pm to play on saturday?