Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY SIGN NORWICH CITY PLAYER '

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:07 pm

:ayatollah: ' UPDATED ' :ayatollah:

Cardiff City have signed wide-man Anthony Pilkington from Norwich for a fee believed to be just over £1m. :ayatollah:

The Republic of Ireland international played for Stockport and Huddersfield before moving to the Canaries in 2011.

The 26-year-old will become Cardiff City manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's ninth signing of the transfer window so far.

Bluebirds fork out just over £1m for the 26-year-old who had fallen out with Canaries boss Neil Adams :ayatollah:

Signed :ayatollah:

Cardiff City are to sign midfielder Anthony Pilkington from Norwich City for an undisclosed fee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City sign Norwich City player

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Oh I'm happy with that!!!!!! Ex utd tho???

Re: ' Cardiff City sign Norwich City player '

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:19 pm

not a bad signing ,decent player ,suprised by this out of the blue.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Good player when fit

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:21 pm

He a very good winger excellent signing :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:24 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Good player when fit

I agree when fit :ayatollah:

d20 wrote:not a bad signing ,decent player ,suprised by this out of the blue.

Love it when it's out if the Blue :ayatollah:

Annis I'm very happy with this one but where did you find out he's signed

Re: Cardiff City sign Norwich City player

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:25 pm

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:Oh I'm happy with that!!!!!! Ex utd tho???

I'm happy as long as fit and injury clear :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:28 pm

Just reported on Wales online, much better having signed someone that was totally unexpected, hopefully a couple of central defenders in the next couple of days signed the same way.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Good player but very injury prone...

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Excellent signing.

Gives us another option out wide, in addition to Noone and Dæhli.

Means that Le Fondre won't have to play in midfield on Saturday!

Welcome Anthony Pilkington!

He's on Twitter if anyone's interested - @Pilkington_11

:ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ole:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Bluebirds fork out just over £1m for the 26-year-old who had fallen out with Canaries boss Neil Adams

Anthony Pilkington

CARDIFF CITY have signed wide-man Anthony Pilkington from Norwich for a fee believed to be just over £1m.

The 26-year-old Republic of Ireland international appears to have been in dispute with Canaries boss Neil Adams after he was left out of the squad which lost to Wolves on Sunday, with Adams suggesting the player was unfit.

Pilkington, though, took to social media insisting that was not the case.

He had been linked with a move to Bolton, but will now link up with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Cardiff squad ahead of their first home game of the season against Huddersfield on Saturday.

Pilkington was in the youth set-up at Manchester United before moving on to hometown club Blackburn.

He began his professional career at Stockport before joining Huddersfield.

Pilkington joined Norwich in July 2011 for £2m and has gone on to make 82 appearances for the Norfolk club scoring 15 goals in the process. He has six senior caps for the Republic of Ireland.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:41 pm

Is it official we've signed him? If it is, excellent signing at this level, there's a few Prem teams who'd have him. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ole:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:43 pm

well happy with that! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:45 pm

Really happy with this signing, rated him for a long time ! I thought he was a lot older than 26 aswell. A big well done to Ole another good signing and another real footballer. :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ole:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:46 pm

Good signing for 1mill even if he is injury prone. :thumbright:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:56 pm

I'm really not happy about this.

Pilkington is one of our best players on his day. he is not injured as much as people seem to think (possibly due to Adams continually saying he's injured when he hasn't been). Yes he could go missing from games at times but most of our best wins and moments over the last two seasons have seen him involved in some way, shape or form.

A new manager coming in should have been putting his arm around the likes of Pilks and bringing him back into the fold because he's a player who at championship level has the ability to be outstanding. instead Adams has deliberately sidelined him and now he is being sold to one of our promotion rivals. they get stronger and we get weaker in one fell swoop.

I am really trying hard to be positive but it just feels to me that things are falling apart, we have a puppet manager who has no real control over matters and probably a queue of other players who may be eyeing the exit door.

From a Norwich fan

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:01 pm

decent signing :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY SIGN NORWICH CITY PLAYER '

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Is he up and running at the moment or injured :?:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:03 pm

Danny Says wrote:Is he up and running at the moment or injured :?:

You can't pass your medical if you're injured, can't you?

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:04 pm

Danny Says wrote:Is he up and running at the moment or injured :?:

He was left out against wolves because he was apparently not fit, he went to twitter to deny this

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:05 pm

Text from my mate in Norwich :

Looks like Pilks signing for you boys. Great player on his day. Can drift out of games although he's been looking to leave for ages. Need him to stay fit tho elastic band for hamstrings!

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:09 pm

:ayatollah: :ole: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:13 pm

every norwich fan saying he is very very injury prone lets hope he stays fit with us

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Great winger at this level, we need cover for Noone or maybe just two out and out wingers, means we can rotate or aren't short on attacking options to supply the strikers. Also means these moaning mongs won't have to moan about ALF playing on the wing

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:18 pm

Well that came out of nowhere, well done Ole :ole:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Seems like a smart buy as Norwich were willing to sell for a cut price. They have Redmond and the highly hated young Murphy brothers who are all out and out wingers.

Glad we are buying players and haven't loaned players thus far.

:thumbup: Ole :ole:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:24 pm

So I do what I always do after a signing, head for twitter and read the tweets of the fans of the selling club.

Norwich fans overall not best pleased.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:24 pm

OGS >> Man U link strikes again.

The injury stuff is a red herring in my view. He wants to play. His manager has been declaring him unfit when he is adamant there's nothing wrong. He's just passed a medical I assume so no worries.

A wide man with some creativity. Exactly what's required. Well done Ole. :bluescarf: :ole: