Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' ANOTHER DEAL DONE AND ANOTHER . . . . '

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:04 pm

DEAL DONE AND ANOTHER 2 HOPEFULLY.

Just had a call from a source within the club to say that City have done a deal for a defender and it will be announced next week.

Also there are another 2 players in the pipeline and interestedly, Ryan Giggs is involved in the talks for a Man Utd player to come to us.

The club will learn on Monday if the Utd player will be given the green light to join the revOLEution :thumbup:

So we are trying to secure 3 players in total.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: DEAL DONE AND ANOTHER . . . .

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Please not Zaha

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:09 pm

The man Utd player is interesting. Could be Keane but I'm hoping for Lingaard!

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:09 pm

Can you enlighten us on the players name, so we know you are not telling fibs?

Re: ' ANOTHER DEAL DONE AND ANOTHER . . . . '

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:11 pm

Carl any truth that Inter have offered a defender on loan as a makeweight in the Medel transfer? Is this the deal that has been done?

:ole:

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:14 pm

BluebirdCoz wrote:The man Utd player is interesting. Could be Keane but I'm hoping for Lingaard!

We need keane way more than we need Lingard. There isn't really any need for Lingard. Keane is good on the ball and would fit with oles possession style football. He would be perfect along with a more seasoned defender.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:17 pm

castleblue wrote:Carl any truth that Inter have offered a defender on loan as a makeweight in the Medel transfer? Is this the deal that has been done?

:ole:

Gary I was not given names and the only club mentioned was the bit about Utd.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Turk-Bluebird! wrote:Can you enlighten us on the players name, so we know you are not telling fibs?

Not the way it works.These ITK guys like to their cards close to their chest.You need to :notworthy: more :lol:

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Please James Wilson.

Unlikely I know but would be brilliant.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:37 pm

good news.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:DEAL DONE AND ANOTHER 2 HOPEFULLY.

Just had a call from a source within the club to say that City have done a deal for a defender and it will be announced next week.

Also there are another 2 players in the pipeline and interestedly, Ryan Giggs is involved in the talks for a Man Utd player to come to us.

The club will learn on Monday if the Utd player will be given the green light to join the revOLEution :thumbup:

Fantastic news. How great to have someone of the board with this kind of inside information :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:59 pm

Dve wrote:

Fantastic news. How great to have someone of the board with this kind of inside information :thumbright: :ayatollah:

What information?

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:03 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:good news.

The deal is completed and Ole hoping for 2 more to announce next week :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Welshcake wrote:
Dve wrote:

What information?

Just so you know Ole personally said another deal is complete :thumbright: :thumbright: :ole: :bluescarf:

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:06 pm

call me thick, but are you saying 3 players after the defender we have signed? or 3 players inlcuding him :oops: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:10 pm

Welshcake wrote:
Dve wrote:

What information?

the information that a football club is trying to sign players up during the transfer window.

haven't you been paying attention? 8-)

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:17 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:

call me thick, but are you saying 3 players after the defender we have signed? or 3 players inlcuding him :oops: :ayatollah:

3 including the defender :thumbup:

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:20 pm

the defender must be either sane or forren, i quite like the look of both of them, very good out picking out a long ball which means that we can play our midfielders higher up, weaknesses were that sane didn't look the best in the air and forren is a little slow.

i'm assuming the man u player will be keane, the other player could be anyone, hopefully that winger from the hoddle academy we were linked with.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:36 pm

It could be Lamine Sane and i hope it is. Just noticed that Bordeaux are close to signing Bayern Munich defender Diego Contento, who is a left back that can play in central defence. Maybe, that is who Bordeaux are replacing Sane with? I hope so, cause if we can sign Sane and Michael Keane turns out to be the other Centre Half that we are talking to Man Utd about and then we sign a right sided and right footed winger, possibly Ikechi Anya from Watford, then i would be extremely happy with our transfer business this summer and i would have no doubt that we could win this division again. The only reason that we may not win the league this season, even with these 3 new signings, would be possibly because of the manager and his lack of Championship experience. However, i myself do think that Ole will prove a lot of people wrong this season and get us back up to where we belong.

Come on City tonight, im going for a 1-3/1-4 City win.

Bloooooobirds.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 pm

Wario wrote:Please not Zaha

I'd take him in the Championship, his attitude is a problem though. I can't see it being him anyway. Would love Wilson :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ole:

Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:21 pm

geggs_ccfc wrote:It could be Lamine Sane and i hope it is. Just noticed that Bordeaux are close to signing Bayern Munich defender Diego Contento, who is a left back that can play in central defence. Maybe, that is who Bordeaux are replacing Sane with? I hope so, cause if we can sign Sane and Michael Keane turns out to be the other Centre Half that we are talking to Man Utd about and then we sign a right sided and right footed winger, possibly Ikechi Anya from Watford, then i would be extremely happy with our transfer business this summer and i would have no doubt that we could win this division again. The only reason that we may not win the league this season, even with these 3 new signings, would be possibly because of the manager and his lack of Championship experience. However, i myself do think that Ole will prove a lot of people wrong this season and get us back up to where we belong.

Come on City tonight, im going for a 1-3/1-4 City win.

Bloooooobirds.

i would happily take those, all at the right age too :ole:

Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:16 pm

f*cking need it after tonights shower of toss...

Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:13 pm

carlccfc wrote:3 including the defender :thumbup:

it looks like M. Keane going to City.
who is the rest? Sane? Forren? any winger?

can't wait for next week :o

Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:26 pm

In the papers the other day that United were offloading Nani, Anderson and Hernandez.

Any of those would be really exciting and a major signing for Cardiff.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:30 pm

VincentTanOut wrote:
Wario wrote:Please not Zaha

I'd take him in the Championship, his attitude is a problem though. I can't see it being him anyway. Would love Wilson :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ole:

I would definitely take Zaha on loan! Unlikley to happen. Can see Palace going for a loan.

Criticism of him on here is over the top I feel. Fans really turned on him when he didn't do the :ayatollah: against Palace which I understand why he didn't.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Forren will be the deal completed me thinks.

Tom Llewellyn will be the United Loan???

Youngster on loan from Inter as part of The Medel deal?

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Terry Phillips apparently saying that Ole denied any new deals done after talking to him tonight hopefully there is a deal virtually done and two more close

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:52 am

Keane please and Sane. Need a winger too!

Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:55 am

My bets are on the Molde centre half... They seem to be our feeder club. :roll:

Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:22 pm

corky wrote:Terry Phillips apparently saying that Ole denied any new deals done after talking to him tonight hopefully there is a deal virtually done and two more close

Corky that is not true.

I spoke with Terry this morning and he did not speak to Ole.

What Terry did say was that someone tweeted him last night asking if City were announcing a player tomorrow (today), Terry checked it with someone at the club and the answer was 'No'.

As I state in this thread, the deal for a defender is done but I didn't say it would be announced this weekend, I said next week.

Just want to clear that up mate :thumbup: