Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NOT HAPPY IF WE LOSE HIM '

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:58 pm

Jordon Mutch set to sign for QPR for £5million

Cardiff City get their asking price.

The 22-year-old was part of the Cardiff City side that got relegated last season, but QPR boss Harry Redknapp wants him at Loftus Road.

Harry Redknapp is set to land Cardiff midfielder Jordon Mutch for £5million.

The QPR boss is also poised to pull off a coup with a season-long loan for Juventus World Cup wideman Mauricio Isla. The 26-year-old Chilean can play on the right or left of midfield and also at full-back.

Redknapp’s swoop for Mutch means he has pinched the 22-year-old from under the nose of Sunderland boss Gus Poyet, who had a bid rejected for the player.

Mutch, who scored against Chelsea and Liverpool last season, netted seven times for Cardiff. He has a year left on his contract and the Bluebirds wanted to hold on to him.

Following their relegation from the Premier League to the Championship however, Redknapp has swooped to keep the attacker in the Premier League.

Loic Remy will link up with the rest of the QPR squad during their pre-season tour to Ireland tomorrow. The French striker will join his team-mates in Dublin after his move to Liverpool collapsed last week.

Redknapp has urged the 27-year-old to make a swift decision about his future as the Hoops’ boss shapes his squad for the new campaign.

Adel Taarabt is also still part of his plans.

Re: NOT HAPPY IF WE LOSE HIM

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:07 pm

First time i heard Jordan Mutch is a striker :lol: :lol: :lol:
hope this is false but seens as there's only 1 year left on his contract maybe he refused a new deal so it could be good to cash in on him while we can

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:08 pm

I'd be furious with this. A player we should be building our midfield around...

We should av tied him to a new contract..

Losing Mutch will put a huge hole in the middle of our midfield and we would struggle to get another player equally as good for the same money...

f**k off qpr. And wind your window up Harry.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:09 pm

Shocking if this happens, I thought he was central to Ole's plans.

It shows 'arry knows how to put a squad together.
Last edited by BlueView on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:09 pm

If you were Mutch at the point in his career you wouldn't want to take the step down FFS!!! Forget the £5 million just get 3/4 of QPR players in exchange

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Jonny88 wrote:First time i heard Jordan Mutch is a striker :lol: :lol: :lol:
hope this is false but seens as there's only 1 year left on his contract maybe he refused a new deal so it could be good to cash in on him while we can

Where does it say Mutch s a striker ?

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:11 pm

I think he was our most important player last year (Marshall aside) and any good attacking play came through him. Would be a big blow.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Let's see if he plays tomorrow.

That will let us know either way.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:12 pm

MAJOR BLOW!!

Sorry for the shouting but bloody hell man, Rednappy cherry picking now. HD knows a good player when he sees one but I wasn't really ready for this one. Hope it's just rumour or if it is true that we can tempt him to stay.

Mutch is more than capable of playing in both upper tier leagues. Grrr.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Last year of contract. If hes not gonna sign a new deal then we have to sell. 5 mill sounds about right to me. Be nice to get a sell on clause in but doubt we will be able to. Be interesting to see if he plays any part tomoz

Re: ' NOT HAPPY IF WE LOSE HIM '

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:19 pm

Didn't people on here say that he hasn't looked interested in the friendlies so far ?

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:27 pm

Build a team around someone with a year to run on his contract?

5m I'd let him go, I'd probably let him go for 4m. He doesn't really fit into 4-4-2 anyway. He struggled badly for most of our championship season and has shown in the premier he doesn't have the fight.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:47 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:I'd be furious with this. A player we should be building our midfield around...

We should av tied him to a new contract..

Losing Mutch will put a huge hole in the middle of our midfield and we would struggle to get another player equally as good for the same money...

f**k off qpr. And wind your window up Harry.

Agree he is a very good midfielder and will only get better, I would be gutted if we lost him, we should not be selling our best players if we want to progress.

I think Ole will make this clear and we will not lose him, probably only paper talk anyway, but we do need to tie him into a long term contract ...........

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:51 pm

So he gets better and signs on free for someone else next season. Helps him, not us.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:20 pm

2blue2handle is spot on with his post ,

Not a 90 minute player for me,

I've seen him have some very good moments in games , only to fade badly ,

Very frustrating to watch him not make the most of his undoubted talent ,

Can't see him staying with Cardiff and championship football , if there is an offer of premiership football

1 year left on contract means Cardiff are in a weak position on this one

Be surprised if stays with us , if the £5 million QPR offer is true

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:51 pm

Surely it's too late to find a replacement now?

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

"Redknapp has swooped to keep the attacker in the Premier League" is probably what he's taking about

Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:24 am

TheRow wrote:I think he was our most important player last year (Marshall aside) and any good attacking play came through him. Would be a big blow.

Massive blow to us in my opinion.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:30 am

Take the money for me goes missing in the championship injury prone as well. Ole will have someone lined up one closed, one opens. :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:26 am

If he was going to sign a contract he would have by now. So he probably wants to run it down so 5m take it or lose him for nothing next year. Also have a season of him not giving 100%. We will get over him going , Ekrem could do a similar job (not as good) but capable enough for the championship .

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:24 am

2blue2handle wrote:So he gets better and signs on free for someone else next season. Helps him, not us.

Luke,we need real quality like Mutch to go straight back up,where the big money lies :thumbup:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:51 am

Our initial strong squad is looking weaker by the day :!:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:29 am

We don't need him in the championship.

Noone
Whittingham
Daelhi
Kimbo

that new guy from palace and we got a load of others who can do a job.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:30 am

Mutch is never going to be a 90 minute player he will be one of those players that can be anonymous for a good chunk of a game and explodes into life and then produce real quality. I hope we keep him we haven't got many in our squad who have his vision and ability to take people on.
If he goes it starts to highlight our weakness in offensive midfielders

Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:45 am

World Sport

Mutch To Join Caulker

Saturday 02nd August 2014.

Jordan Mutch could become the next to leave Cardiff, unless Gary Medel beats him to this? Reports continue to claim that Inter Milan have signed the Chilean but there's no official word.

Sunderland have been tracking Mutch this summer as they looked to take him back to the Premier League, but meagre offers of a little over £2m were quite rightly rejected but if the reports from the Daily Mirror are accurate then £5m will secure his signature with QPR set to sign him as they did Steven Caulker.

I'd really like us to keep Mutch as he's coming into his own now but with him proving that he's Premier League quality I can see why he'd want to return to that level and not stay with us for this Championship season.

We would get compensation for him if he didn't sign a new contract before it expires next summer but it wouldn't be likely to be as much as £5m, so if the winger doesn't have any intention of extending his contract with us then this is an amount we couldn't really refuse could we?

Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:47 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:We don't need him in the championship.

Noone
Whittingham
Daelhi
Kimbo

that new guy from palace and we got a load of others who can do a job.

Thats a crap midfield, Whittingham, Daehli and Kim can't tackle to safe their lives! Noone is injured. Whittingham offers very little these days and is mostly a passenger. Kim can be very effective but only in patches, and Daehli though an exceptional talent is still raw. I think it will be a huge blow to lose Mutch and if QPR do nab him then as he is our key midfielder Ole will need to get a player of similar quality fast!

For the record, my midfield without Mutch would be:

Digakoi
Eikrem
Daehli
Burgstaller

Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Harry Redknapp has moved to keep the ATTACKER in the prem now an ATTACKER is commonly known as a STRIKER

Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:02 am

Or me but every player has a price :thumbup:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:03 am

Jonny88 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Harry Redknapp has moved to keep the ATTACKER in the prem now an ATTACKER is commonly known as a STRIKER

Fair enough, bad reporter :thumbup:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:08 am

QPR interested in Jordan Mutch and are set to activate his release clause of £5m. Hmm