Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Ole been through hard times at Cardiff,but it has made Ole

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:02 am

BBC

Thursday 31st July 2014

Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer better for 'hard times'

Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he is a better manager for having gone through the trauma of relegation.

The Norwegian, 41, was appointed in January 2014 after the sacking of Malky Mackay but could not prevent Cardiff dropping out of the Premier League.
But Solskjaer is determined to win promotion back to the top flight.
"I'm not one to regret. I'd rather be exhausted by the hard times that can breed success, than resting and achieving nothing," Solskjaer said.
"These five or six months have been very valuable in that I'm now a much more mature manager.

Cardiff's August fixtures. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :ayatollah:

Championship:

8 August: Blackburn (a)

Capital One Cup:

13 August: Coventry (a)

Championship:

16 August: Huddersfield (h)

19 August: Wigan (h)

23 August: Wolves (a)

30 August: Fulham (a)

In full viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949

"You inherit a squad and you work to the best of your ability with that squad.

"I didn't have the impact that I'd hoped for and now you get more time away from that pressure of three points to get the philosophy across.
"Now we get more our style, my style and players that have come in are obviously going to be a big part of that."

Cardiff have started their pre-season tour of Austria brightly, with the squad split in half to win two games in one day - beating KS Teuta Durres 3-0 and 1860 Munich 3-2.

The south Wales club have been installed as favourites to win the Championship by several bookmakers, and Solskjaer says they will not shy away from the expectations being placed on them.

"I expect high standards and I expect to win every game of football I play," he added.
"I've brought in players, quite a few from Man United and I know they've got the right mentality.
"I think this squad now is more used to the mentality of what we need; last year was the unknown for more or less everyone to be in a relegation fight."
Solskjaer has brought in Spanish striker Javi Guerra, Austrian midfielder Guido Burgstaller, Reading forward Adam Le Fondre, South African midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi and former Manchester United player Federico Macheda.

The Cardiff boss also hopes to bring in defender Michael Keane from Old Trafford on loan.
But Solskjaer is resigned to losing centre-back Steven Caulker - with Queen's Park Rangers set to sign him

Chile midfielder Gary Medel and striker Fraizer Campbell also seem set to depart.

Re: ' Ole been through hard times at Cardiff,but it has made

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:39 am

Poor, by an organisation as professional as the BBC, that they can't be bothered to edit their pieces properly "But Solskjaer is resigned to losing centre-back Steven Caulker - with Queen's Park Rangers set to sign him" This happened over a week ago, for Gods sake :lol:

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:49 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Poor, by an organisation as professional as the BBC, that they can't be bothered to edit their pieces properly "But Solskjaer is resigned to losing centre-back Steven Caulker - with Queen's Park Rangers set to sign him" This happened over a week ago, for Gods sake :lol:

:lol:

Very poor.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:31 am

Don't get me wrong, I support the players and the manager at any given time, but I'd rather the manager improve himself by achieving success than by weathering defeat. This is a bit of a non-story in a way as it is vital to get back to winning ways. I think with squad this is definitely possible.

Let's concentrate on the positives and smash it!

:bluescarf:

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:40 am

Something tells me this is an old story with both Caulker and Campbell have already left and we signed that 19 year old keeper Horton aswell

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Jonny88 wrote:Something tells me this is an old story with both Caulker and Campbell have already left and we signed that 19 year old keeper Horton aswell

Lazy BBC journalists. Don't care about the Championship or Welsh football, so just used an old piece and reissued it.