Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Thursdays Transfers and Cardiff City Latest News '

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:09 pm

CCFC NEWS
link http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/ :thumbup:

Cardiff City's Gary Medel has turned down an improved contract and is expected to Join Inter Milan next week.

Middlesbrough have signed Doncaster defender James Husband for an undisclosed fee.

Cardiff City's Joe Mason is being given an extended contract,then going to either Bolton or Brighton on loan.

Norwich have rejected a bid from an unnamed Premier League club for midfielder Alex Tettey.

Leeds are set to sign AC Milan midfielder Zan Benedicic on loan.

Birmingham have completed the signing of Celtic striker Denny Johnstone on a three-year deal.

Doncaster have signed Middlesbrough striker Curtis Main on a three-year deal.

Sheffield Wednesday are set to sign Leeds defender Tom Lees.

Leeds have made an improved second bid for Chesterfield defender Liam Cooper.

Ipswich are close to signing striker Balint Bajner.

Blackpool have signed Herediano midfielder Jose Miguel Cubero for an undisclosed fee.

Wycombe have agreed deals to sign Rotherham starlets Nicky Walker & Dan Rowe on loan.

Middlesbrough are reported to be closing in on the signing of Real Mallorca right-back Emilio Nsue.

Re: ' Thursdays Transfers and Latest News '

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:14 pm

Romelu Lukaku joins Everton: Striker completes club-record £28m switch from Chelsea -

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 38436.html

Also -

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has expressed his delight at capturing Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand on a season-long loan.

The Dutchman praised the wing-back's attitude and hailed him as "a top player".

"I'm very happy to be able to bring Ryan in," he told the club's website.

"I spoke to him on Monday afternoon and I was very impressed with his attitude and how keen he was to play games for Southampton.

"He is a top player who will bring a lot of quality to the team. He has experience at the highest level and is an exciting, attacking player, which is what I like to see in my full-backs."

Southampton are believed to have secured a contract clause that enables them to buy Bertrand at the end of the season.

Re: ' Thursdays Transfers and Latest News '

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:15 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Romelu Lukaku joins Everton: Striker completes club-record £28m switch from Chelsea -

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 38436.html

Also -

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has expressed his delight at capturing Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand on a season-long loan.

The Dutchman praised the wing-back's attitude and hailed him as "a top player".

"I'm very happy to be able to bring Ryan in," he told the club's website.

"I spoke to him on Monday afternoon and I was very impressed with his attitude and how keen he was to play games for Southampton.

"He is a top player who will bring a lot of quality to the team. He has experience at the highest level and is an exciting, attacking player, which is what I like to see in my full-backs."

Southampton are believed to have secured a contract clause that enables them to buy Bertrand at the end of the season.

Cheers Tony :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Re: ' Thursdays Transfers and Cardiff City Latest News '

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:21 pm

Holy F**k. Everton now able to spend 28 squilllionz??

And CCFC fans encouraging the £5m singing of a 30 year old centre back who is in the last year of his contract while we are in the Championship??

Football economy is gone free market bonkerz.

:happy1:

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:34 pm

Cracking signing for Everton fair play 28m :o

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:36 am

Bolton Wanderers close in on Cardiff City striker Joe Mason
Bolton Media

6:20am Thursday 31st July 2014 in Latest By Marc Iles

Joe Mason is back on Wanderers' radar
WANDERERS are poised to bring Joe Mason back for a third spell on loan – but fans may still have to be patient before seeing him in action.

It appears Dougie Freedman is winning the battle to sign the young striker ahead of Brighton and one un-named Championship club.

But while the Whites are confident of landing their man, it has emerged Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants Mason to agree a new contract before sending him out for more games.

Speaking yesterday, the Norwegian coach insisted that although he is looking to loan out the 22-year-old, he still wants him at the Cardiff City Stadium in the longer term.

“Joe has a big future with Cardiff City and we are having talks on a new contract,” said Solskjaer. “When they are concluded Joe is likely to go out on loan. I want him playing first-team football and continuing his development.”

Mason’s current deal ends in 2016 but Solskjaer wants him to commit beyond that.

The length of the loan is not yet known, although Freedman has hinted that he is not looking for short-term deals this season.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:44 pm

Anyone know how much Mason is on a week and does the loaning club pay his wages or pay a percentage?

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:39 pm

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:21 pm

Annis, Joe Mason is good enough to be in our first team squad now.

StT.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:20 pm

Cheers Annis :thumbup: