Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Looks like Gary Medel is finally leaving '

Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Looks like Gary Medel is finally leaving Cardiff City.

The deal for Gary Medel is starting to move.

Medel wants to leave
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144734

Wednesday July 30th, 2014

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144734

The deal that brings Gary Medel to Inter Milan is starting to move.

The news comes directly from SkySport24. according to the editors from the sport channel, have in fact the final details for the deal been discussed between Inter and Cardiff just a moment ago. The details include, how the payment will be set and above all how the bonus will be. The final step before the Chilean will arrive to Milan, who’s very well liked by Walter Mazzarri, is if he will be considered fundamental, now when the new midfield are starting to be re-grouping.

Gary Medel has now approached Cardiff City manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and has asked to leave and wants to sign for Inter Milan.
Solskjaer has offered Medel an improved contract and the Captains armband at Cardiff City.

Medel has Lost his number8 Squad number he is now number 19.

Mehmet Dalman has said Cardiff City will not accept less than £11million and some reports say it's increased to £13million.

Cardiff City paid £11million for Medel in 2013 Sevilla.

Re: ' Looks like Gary Medel is finally leaving '

Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Annis, I hope we don't give in and let him go for a loss, that will be devastating and make us look like soft touches in the transfer market. Stick to what we paid for him and not a penny less City :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:06 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:Annis, I hope we don't give in and let him go for a loss, that will be devastating and make us look like soft touches in the transfer market. Stick to what we paid for him and not a penny less City :ayatollah:

We're not soft touches. We're just victims of three men who didn't do their job right

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:19 pm

Would have liked Gary medal to stay I thought he did great for us really enjoyed watching him play for us gave everything annis

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:57 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:Would have liked Gary medal to stay I thought he did great for us really enjoyed watching him play for us gave everything annis

He spent the second half of the season ducking out of 50:50s and making sure he didn't pick up an injury before the World Cup!

PERHAPS NOT

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:58 pm

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/07 ... s-behrami/?

Re: PERHAPS NOT

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Igovernor wrote:http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/07/inter-reignite-interest-in-napolis-behrami/?

That is a very interesting article mate, I look forward to seeing how this pans out :thumbup:

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:27 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:Annis, I hope we don't give in and let him go for a loss, that will be devastating and make us look like soft touches in the transfer market. Stick to what we paid for him and not a penny less City :ayatollah:

We're not soft touches. We're just victims of three men who didn't do their job right

Which makes us a soft touch then

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:09 pm

If this stupid transfer goes on any longer I'm gonna punch someone in the FACE!!

Ayatollah.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:40 pm

Seeing his desire to play in a top flight is higher than it is to play in a second tier,and due to Inters inability to match the fee due to lack of European competition funding, I think he will leave in a season long loan deal.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:54 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:

A soft touch for allowing these men to be employed.

Medel is not an 11m player, especially for a recently promoted team. So it's hard to flog someone who doesn't match the valuation. Selling him for less than what we bought just proves we overpaid.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:03 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:

Medel is not an 11m player, especially for a recently promoted team. So it's hard to flog someone who doesn't match the valuation. Selling him for less than what we bought just proves we overpaid.

Easily solvable, we don't sell him and he can serve out the rest of his contract bringing us back up into the prem. We're not on our ass where were forced to sell, so if a club don't meet our valuation (even thou 3 clubs have) then he goes no where.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:06 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2145 ... -for-inter?

Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:11 am

Are these actually more reports originating from Italy again like all the others that said we've accepted deals and apparently he would be signed by last monday ffs so many different reports from Italy about him im fed up of it as said before Inter pay up or f**k off

Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:43 am

Another thread adding the fact about his recent squad number change.
My one concern is that he may force a move if he stays by getting himself sent off on a regular basis. I believe he got sent off 3~5 times in his last season at Seville.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:32 am

This is dragging on, but it is worth waiting out.

I would like him to stay, but if he has to go, top dollar and nothing less!!

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:45 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:

:thumbup:

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:19 am

Sky

Thursday 31st July 2014.

It's all down to the best deal being thrashed out.

It's dragging on a bit but the Italian media believe Gary Medel's move to Inter Milan is getting closer.

The player himself is thought to be keen on the move but Cardiff will not let him go on the cheap.

It's thought Medel has been offered a new deal to stay at Cardiff but the announcement last night that Medel has been given squad no. 19 instead of the no. 8 short he wore last season could be a sign that Ole has given up hoping he can keep Medel as a Cardiff player.

The deal that brings Gary Medel to Inter is starting to move. The news comes directly from SkySport24. according to the editors from the sport channel, have in fact the final details for the deal been discussed between Inter and Cardiff just a moment ago. The details include, how the payment will be set and above all how the bonus will be. The final step before the Chilean will arrive to Milan, who's very well liked by Walter Mazzarri, is if he will be considered fundamental, now when the new midfield are starting to be re-grouping.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:23 am

Anyone know how much or have Inter stopped messing around and paid what's asked?

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:46 am

Reports from italian press

Tutto Mercato are reporting the tow clubs are a lot closer on their fee than ever and they are about £300,000 away from doing a deal.
They are also stating Medel only wants to play for Inter no one else.

Furthermore, they claim the clubs have reached agreement on timing and method of payment.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:01 am

Sladey wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:

Easily solvable, we don't sell him and he can serve out the rest of his contract bringing us back up into the prem. We're not on our ass where were forced to sell, so if a club don't meet our valuation (even thou 3 clubs have) then he goes no where.

That will never happen.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:24 am

Gary Medel tells Cardiff City 'I only want to play for Inter Milan' according to reports

Thursday Jul 31, 2014

By Gareth Rogers

Gary Medel's move to Inter Milan looks closer than ever after the Chilean's agent met Cardiff City chiefs to thrash out a deal

Gary Medel's agent met up with Cardiff City chiefs yesterday to tell them he only wants to play for Inter Milan – according to reports in Italy.

The widespread reports suggest the two clubs have reached agreement on timing and method of payment but they are about £500,000 out on agreeing the price.

Tutto Mercato are reporting the two clubs are a lot closer on their fee than ever before, with the Serie A giants keen to get their squad sorted sooner rather than later.

GDS say Inter want the Chile World Cup defender to play in midfield, having already captured free agent Nemanja Vidic, from Manchester United, to anchor their defence.

With their other midfield target Valon Behrami, of Napoli, apparently heading for Hamburg, Inter's urgency to tie Medel up will increase today.

Having initially valued Medel at £7m + £2m of add-ons, after an initial season on loan, Inter are now expected to get closer to Cardiff's demands of £9m up front, following yesterday's showdown talks between Medel's representative Fernando Felicevich and Bluebirds bosses.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:24 am

Get what we can no one is going to pay 12mill why keep a player who does nt want to be here he will not give anywhere near 100per cent and just collect big wages till he can go for free

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:29 am

How can this situation arise you tell me, Gary Medel still in Chile after the world cup and his agent apparently in Cardiff talking about the deal in Cardiff yet reports Gary Medel wants to leave for Inter Milan arise in Italy ffs the same reporters that said we had agreed a deal 3 weeks ago now and also said a deal would be completed by monday over a week ago its all a load of bollox Inter Milan are tapping him up and should be reported to UEFA and put under a Transfer embargo lets see them talk about our players then and say what a small club we are

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:23 am

£9m up front with £1m over a season or two it should be at least.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:10 am

Dragging on so much now.. Needs to be sorted!

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:18 am

Big question... will the money be available to fund new signings or will it go into Tan's pocket... sorry, I mean to help cover overheads and millions of pounds of debt?

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:02 pm

Media Wales

Gary Medel tells Cardiff City 'I only want to play for Inter Milan' according to reports
Jul 31, 2014 08:36 By Gareth Rogers

Gary Medel's move to Inter Milan looks closer than ever after the Chilean's agent met Cardiff City chiefs to thrash out a deal

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:00 pm

Medel for 8.5m and Frei on loan would be class :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:34 pm

Inter have turned their attentions to Valon Behrami according to reports in italy now so going by them being wrong every other time so far Inter might actually sign Medel in the next few days now :lol: :lol: :lol: